Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Wins In 2020
O'Rourke/Harris or Harris/O'Rourke 27 32.14%
Trump/Pence? 48 57.14%
Another Democrat 9 10.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:39 PM

42,832 posts, read 26,588,423 times

Advertisements

Sherrod Brown / Jeff Merkley

Amy Klobuchar / Mark Cuban

Mitch Landrieu / Beto O'Rourke

Old 12-30-2018, 04:47 PM

3,005 posts, read 1,511,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
define "working class issues "
Jobs, illegal immigration, healthcare, and reckless military action. Many working class families include soldiers.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:59 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
O'Rourke spent 78% more than Ted Cruz to run an election in the same state. All those items, that you list should have cost both campaigns the same.

1 ad in Dallas would cost the same for both, but if Cruz ran 1 ad and Beto ran 6, then obviously their cost would be different.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:01 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Jobs, illegal immigration, healthcare, and reckless military action. Many working class families include soldiers.
Contextually, Democrats have a problem on immigration, but not the others. so im sort of not understanding why you believe Democrats would have to change ?

Old 12-30-2018, 09:09 PM

271 posts, read 140,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
O’Rourke might have a chance in that he is charismatic. A quality heavily needed and most Dems lack. He would definitely be a formidable opponent if he was top of the ticket, unlike Harris, Booker, Warren etc

Just because your 46 and you play air guitar in a Toyota Corolla while stopped in a fast food drive-up line doesn't make you charismatic......

Old 12-30-2018, 09:27 PM

32,321 posts, read 15,272,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well my thinking is this.

If the Democrats want to have ANY chance of beating Trump, they are going to need to do something different than running Hillary or Biden, and let alone Bernie Sanders. Their days in national politics are over.

Biden lost his best chance of running when he was still the incumbent VP. He should have pushed Obama & the DNC to throw their full support behind him, instead of going for Hillary. He's done. (yeah and I know the story about is son, I'm not buying that as the reason. remember they lie for Hillary)

Hillary? She's now tainted goods. Twice failed presidential candidate, and if she comes back into it again, Trump will tear her to shreds just like before. She's go no ammunition to use against him as the entire fake Russian meme is going nowhere, and she's go no decent record to run on. The DNC pulled out all the stops for her, and they will be loath to do it again.

Bernie? See my comments about him in the Bernie topic.

So that leaves the rest. If the DNC wants a chance to win, they are also going to need to quickly dismiss Pocahontas. She offed herself with that DNA test. Booker? Maybe. I could see a Booker ORourke ticket. But I'm thinking the DnC is going to push for another Woman.

Who else if not O'rourke or Harris?
Biden didn’t run because his son died....period. You may not buy it but it’s the truth. My husband and Hunter are friends. It was an extremely emotional time for the family. You can’t run for our highest office and give your all when you are grieving. But back to your post. I’d like to see a Biden and Beto ticket.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:40 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Biden didn’t run because his son died....period. You may not buy it but it’s the truth. My husband and Hunter are friends. It was an extremely emotional time for the family. You can’t run for our highest office and give your all when you are grieving. But back to your post. I’d like to see a Biden and Beto ticket.
I'll have to look back through your posts Natalie, being that close to a candidate you must have some unique perspectives.

Didn't know much about Beto until very recently. But if the Democrats have any chance, I'd say he needs to be on the top of the ticket. Why? Biden is too old. Beto is far more likeable. Beto has a lot more energy.

The election of 2020 will be all about the Millennials and Gen Z, and Joe Biden is simply not going to draw that vote, at least with any enthusiasm.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:01 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,752,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
Just because your 46 and you play air guitar in a Toyota Corolla while stopped in a fast food drive-up line doesn't make you charismatic......
You obviously haven't seen Beto speak in other contexts. He's definitely charismatic, he has that "it" factor that most other prospective candidates lack. I really don't understand this in posters on here. Even if you want Trump to win (not saying this is you necessarily), why would you be dismissive of your enemy's strengths?

Old 12-31-2018, 12:56 PM

3,005 posts, read 1,511,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Contextually, Democrats have a problem on immigration, but not the others. so im sort of not understanding why you believe Democrats would have to change ?
Illegal immigrants are exploited to keep wages down for citizens. That is jobs. Trade partnerships are incentives to move jobs out of the US. The requirement to buy worthless health insurance was a huge own goal. Hillary's reckless brinkmanship was a threat to anyone with family in the military. Only a few Democrats have spoken against any of those.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:09 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,556,811 times
I'm not at all sure Pence will be on the 2020 ticket. He was chosen because he was thought to be a help in corraling the Fundamental Christian voters, but Trump showed he didn't need the help.

Pence hasn't hurt Trump, but he doesn't help him either, and Pence has failed to build anything like a loyal base of voters who support him. He's pretty much a non-entity, a quiet ghost who hovers, watches, and does nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections