Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 01:00 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,547,492 times

Advertisements

Beto O'Roarke believes that Americans would willingly comply with Democrat's gun confiscation schemes. No police involvement would be required.

Quote:
O'Rourke Believes Americans Will Willingly Comply with Gun Confiscation, Won't Need Police

Beto O’Rourke is from Texas yet apparently isn’t familiar with the phrase “molon labe.”

The ancient Greek phrase translates to “come and take it.” Its most famous use outside of the Battle of Thermopylae came during the Texas Revolution when the Mexican government came for a village’s cannon. In the years since it has become a rallying cry for those who believe in the Second Amendment — and those who would want to come for people’s firearms.

“No. I don’t see the law enforcement going door to door,” O’Rourke said in response to a question at the New Hampshire Democratic Party Convention on Saturday. I see Americans complying with the law. I see us working with gun owners, non-gun owners, local, county, state, federal law enforcement to come up with the best possible solution. I have yet to meet an owner of an AR-15 who thinks it’s OK that we have these kind of mass killings in this country.”
Come and get it, Beto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 01:10 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,174,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The first three early state races appear to be tightening substantially, if the latest CBS/YouGov poll is anywhere close to being right.

CBS News/YouGov
Iowa is showing Biden leading Sanders in a statistical dead heat. New Hampshire has a three way statistical dead heat, with Pocahontas in the lead and then Biden and Sanders trailing very close behind. In Nevada, Sanders leads Biden in what is again a statistical dead heat.

If these contests actually play out this way, then someone needs to bring a good supply of body bags. This is going to be a long and very competitive contest.
If these contests actually play out this way, then I see Biden dropping out. Similar to LBJ's withdrawal in 1968 and Muskie's withdrawal in 1972, after McCarthy and McGovern, respectively, while losing New Hampshire did better than expected. That will be the real difference. At that point I hope that Rashida Tlaib joins the race.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If these contests actually play out this way, then I see Biden dropping out. Similar to LBJ's withdrawal in 1968 and Muskie's withdrawal in 1972, after McCarthy and McGovern, respectively, while losing New Hampshire did better than expected. That will be the real difference. At that point I hope that Rashida Tlaib joins the race.
Talk about a bombshell. Biden dropping out would be a MOAB strike to the Democrats and especially to establishment Democrats. I do not think they would like that.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:18 PM

Rohm Emmanuel says that "Medicare for All" - the current position for nearly all of the Democrats currently running for President - is an untenable position for a general election.

Quote:
Emanuel: Medicare For All "An Untenable Position For The General Election"

The risk you said, and which is appropriate, and it measures up as, health care is the single issue that Democrats have a 35-point advantage on. President Trump's trying to do everything he can to narrow that down. We have taken a position so far, and the candidates have, through the process -- a few have not -- about -- on basically Medicare for all, which is, we're going to eliminate 150 million people's health care, and we're going to provide health care for people that have just come over the border.

That is an untenable position for the general election. As you know, George, I just biked around Lake Michigan, nearly 1,000 miles, through Michigan and Wisconsin, two really important states. Nobody at a diner ran at me and said, take my healthcare away. Nobody. This is -- this is reckless as it relates to -- and you don't have to take the position to win the primary. And you're basically literally hindering yourself for the general election.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Talk about a bombshell. Biden dropping out would be a MOAB strike to the Democrats and especially to establishment Democrats. I do not think they would like that.
Again I look to Johnson and Muskie as precedents. Biden is not very easy to get excited or emotional about.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,109,311 times
Quote:
Beto O'Roarke believes that Americans would willingly comply with Democrat's gun confiscation schemes. No police involvement would be required.

Come and get it, Beto.
He's either that detached from reality, or just a total liar. Either way, he's worthless. It will b great day in this country when he's no longer a politician.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM

22,009 posts, read 9,586,243 times
Quote:
Rohm Emmanuel says that "Medicare for All" - the current position for nearly all of the Democrats currently running for President - is an untenable position for a general election.
Well, it will at least be an easy choice.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, it will at least be an easy choice.
Well I for one am a liberal extremist who is likely to vote for Trump. Not such an easy choice.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 AM

22,009 posts, read 9,586,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well I for one am a liberal extremist who is likely to vote for Trump. Not such an easy choice.
So why are you doing it then?

Old 09-10-2019, 09:18 AM

Panel shocked by new Pete Buttigieg ad - Team Rising is joined by Democratic strategist Roger Fisk and the Senior Director of Policy at the Conservative Partnership Institute, Rachel Bovard. They discuss who has made the October Democratic debate stage.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections