Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 02:40 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Here's the video. She may now vote Republican.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/stat...18723509460992
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 06:58 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Marianne Williamson has realized that people on the left are nastier to her than people on the right. And of course Williamson is hardly a righty herself.

Well, welcome to the real world, Marianne! Leftists of the activist variety are aggressively nasty, and the only people on Earth who even come close to comparing to them on that score are the radical Islamic terrorist groups.
If you read the book Chasing Hillary by NYT reporter Amy Chozick, she says repeatedly that the "Bernie Bros" were the absolute nastiest to her. She re-prints some of their emails, which would not make it through CD language filters. The book is about her coverage of the 2016 election, including the Democratic primaries.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Is she going to run? There is still time....
I've heard talk also of either Michelle Obama or Oprah getting in at this late date. It would not surprise me. I just don't see Warren, Biden, and Bernie as viable. I would support either Hillary, Michelle, or Oprah over any of the three current front-runners.

Warren is probably the most viable of the three, and I would expect from her a repeat of 2004, which was the last time we nominated a senator from Massachusetts. IMO either Hillary or Michelle could win. Oprah would be a wild card, but likely would never run anyway.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:49 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I've heard talk also of either Michelle Obama or Oprah getting in at this late date. It would not surprise me. I just don't see Warren, Biden, and Bernie as viable. I would support either Hillary, Michelle, or Oprah over any of the three current front-runners.

Warren is probably the most viable of the three, and I would expect from her a repeat of 2004, which was the last time we nominated a senator from Massachusetts. IMO either Hillary or Michelle could win. Oprah would be a wild card, but likely would never run anyway.
No one else is getting in at this point.

These are the choices we have.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No one else is getting in at this point.

These are the choices we have.
If you are right, and you might be, it tells me to expect 4 more years of Trump.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:41 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,181,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

I'd vote for Hillary, sure. Would she win? I'm not so sure. Trump won because Hillary was also unpopular.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
The Democrats engaged in virtually no discussion of the economy last night. One may wonder what former Bill Clinton campaign strategist James Carville - who famously summed up the most important issue for the election as "It's the economy, stupid" - might think about this apparent oversight.

Quote:
In Third Debate, Democrats Steer Clear of Economy

In the last few weeks, Democratic presidential candidates have focused on fears of a recession, accusing President Trump of recklessness in handling the nation's economic affairs. So on Thursday, at the Democratic Party's first one-night presidential debate, the first opportunity to showcase the party's 10 leading candidates, what role did the nation's widespread economic anxieties play?

Almost none. The candidates simply didn't talk about it. (Nor did the ABC News moderators ask.) The word "recession" was uttered just once in the entire debate. (By Julián Castro, who noted the poll's finding of recession fears.) Nor was the word "unemployment" ever spoken. Nor was there a discussion of job creation. Nor was there much of a discussion of wages.

On the government side, no one, moderator or candidate, said the word "deficit." No one discussed the mismatch between the federal government's revenues and its spending. No one talked about the national debt. There was talk about the president's tariffs, but beyond that, there wasn't much talk of the economy at all.

Thursday, as in June, the relative Democratic silence on the economy might be taken as a concession to the president. The candidates didn't even try to argue that the economy is terrible. Nobody would buy it.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 09-13-2019 at 10:16 AM..

Old 09-13-2019, 10:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Harry Reid is sounding the alarm, warning that not only can Trump win the 2020 presidential election, he will not be easily defeated.

Quote:
Harry Reid warns Trump 'can be reelected'

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) warned an audience Thursday that critics of President Trump are "wrong" if they believe he doesn't stand a chance of being reelected in 2020. During a panel discussion at University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Reid warned that Trump had "intimidated" Republicans on Capitol Hill, according to The Nevada Independent.

“I'm pretty damn worried,” he said last month. “Anybody that thinks he's going to be beaten easily is wrong. As sad as it is. As hard as it is for me to say this: Don’t count that man out.”

Old 09-13-2019, 11:45 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Harry Reid is sounding the alarm, warning that not only can Trump win the 2020 presidential election, he will not be easily defeated.
Reid is right on.
Trump has bent the GOP to his will, and his party has caved in to him like a house of cards.

Trump wants and needs to be the under-dog again. That's the position he always uses to win. He has a real problem with starting out as the top dog, so he will find many ways to make himself appear to be an under-dog once more. it's all defense at it's most basic level.

That's something he's very good at. And now, he has his party to prop him up every time he stumbles. That makes him hard to beat.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:06 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
thanks Harry, for Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections