Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,311,776 times

Advertisements

Throwing shade at potential Democratic nominees doesn’t make a second Trump term more palatable.

He’s still Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 10:46 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,498,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Throwing shade at potential Democratic nominees doesn’t make a second Trump term more palatable.

He’s still Trump.
Throwing shade at him doesn't make the Democrats more palatable.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,104,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
At the risk of sounding like a bigot, Are we going to pretend that being a gay 'Christian' doesn't kind of conflict? specially if we're talking about appealing to a good portion of our country which still happens to have conservative evangelical beliefs.

Not only is he too young imho but he lacks originality and the fact that he plagiarized Andrew Yang's speech (a candidate polling at less than 5%) its quite worrisome to me.
So sure he may be spending millions in Iowa but i personally don't see him getting anywhere, I'll comeback to this when the democratic nominee has been chosen to say i told you so.
He doesn't have a snowballs chance in Inferno. Everyone knows this.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:55 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
Very true but not the dem focus -they are not trying to win 2020 election -they are still trying to win the 2016 election

Old 11-20-2019, 06:23 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,062,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Very true but not the dem focus -they are not trying to win 2020 election -they are still trying to win the 2016 election
They already won. Get ready for wokemageddon.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:56 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,541,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Mayor Pete takes the lead in decisive fashion in Iowa in the most recent poll, and also in the RCP poll average.

Iowa (DMR/CNN): Buttigieg 25, Warren 16, Biden 15, Sanders 15, Klobuchar 6

Iowa (RCP Average): Buttigieg 21, Warren 19, Biden 18, Sanders 17, Klobuchar 5, Harris 4, Steyer 3

So Mayor Pete is a national player for the Democrats now. If he wins Iowa, everyone will need to refigure their projections going forward, because that will change everything.

The Democrats are not really going to nominate this guy, are they?
OK, first Mayor Pete takes the lead in Iowa. Brace yourselves, because now he has also taken the lead in the latest poll in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire (St. Anselm): Buttigieg 25, Warren 15, Biden 15, Sanders 9

To be fair, he is still trailing in the RCP Average, although he Warren and Biden are all within the margin of error on these polls:

New Hampshire (RCP Average): Warren 21, Biden 19, Buttigieg 19, Sanders 14

If Mayor Pete wins the first two primaries, hold onto your ____.

Surely this is just an early phase and the Democrats are not really going to do this. Someone convince me, please. Are they?

Old 11-20-2019, 02:00 PM

21,979 posts, read 9,562,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
That's a fair point, I've said the same thing about the old playbook.

However, Pete Buttigieg is 37; Trump was 70 in 2016. There's more to 'experience' than having served in government.

JFK at age 43 was the youngest president ever elected. He was a sitting Senator and prior to that had served 3 terms in the US House.

I just can't see the country electing a guy who is 37 and mayor of a city of about 100,000 population.

Then again, as you say, I never would have guessed Trump winning the White House.
And his own city thinks he is doing a lousy job.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:03 PM

2,066 posts, read 903,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Surely this is just an early phase and the Democrats are not really going to do this. Someone convince me, please. Are they?

The (D)'s are cycling through their candidates as "flavors of the month", Butt is it right now, as they've considered then tossed aside Robert Francis O'Rourke and Kamala "Heel's Up!" Harris. They may, I suspect, be close to tossing Gropey Joe, Bernie, and Liawatha. New entries Bloomberg and Patrick may get their turn, though I don't sense any excitement over them.

Meanwhile, I hear an occasional cackle offstage ...

Old 11-20-2019, 02:11 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,424,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
The (D)'s are cycling through their candidates as "flavors of the month", Butt is it right now, as they've considered then tossed aside Robert Francis O'Rourke and Kamala "Heel's Up!" Harris. They may, I suspect, be close to tossing Gropey Joe, Bernie, and Liawatha. New entries Bloomberg and Patrick may get their turn, though I don't sense any excitement over them.

Meanwhile, I hear an occasional cackle offstage ...
What else can be expected with 20 candidates? The voters want to know something about them all before they make up their minds as to who will get their vote.

It's big and messy. So what? That's how our elections are sometimes.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:14 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,687,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I myself an extreme liberal Democrat and resent the attack on a great party by those that call them "Demorats", "Dimocrats" or "Dumbocrats." I wish their Presidential candidates could collectively govern the U.S. given the inspirational brilliance and coherence of their program. For example they will give us back the environment, free health care for all and utopian Nirvana.
Really? Nothing is free; come back down to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections