Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 01:11 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,174,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I don’t like Warren and don’t agree at all with Bernie Sanders.

However, I disagree with you on Buttigieg. He is a moderate. The link Katharsis posted refers to Buttigieg wanting to help little children who were taken from their parents at the border by Trump. These kids are innocent of any wrongdoing and are being help in bad and sometimes unsafe conditions. Should a 6 year old little girl have to take care of someone’s little baby because Trump snatched it out of the mother’s arms? What kind of person is Trump? And what kind of people harm little children emotionally and psychologically and physically? What selfish folks are these? Shame on all Trump supporters!
What kind of parents bring their little children to the border of a country in which they might not be welcome? That's child abuse.

I have an idea; you fund or take care of them. I have enough trouble making ends meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 01:15 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,865,299 times
Quote:
Maybe Joe would like Tennessee. Probably lots of assisted living there...
He'd be squealing like a pig, crying for help, just like the mommy button pushers.

Joe is ready made material for a country song along the lines of.... no one wants to sit on Joe's lap for Christmas.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,395,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What kind of parents bring their little children to the border of a country in which they might not be welcome? That's child abuse.

I have an idea; you fund or take care of them. I have enough trouble making ends meet.
I am sad for these people. They are desperately fleeing countries that are no longer safe because of gang violence. Yes, they bring their kids with them. Would you leave your kids behind in a country of violence? Hmmm.

Trump and the Repubs need to do something to help the Central American countries, instead of just putting the asylum seekers in "jails." I don't want our country overflowing with immigrants either, but the USA needs to help them, so they can stay in their own countries. By the way, asylum seekers are not "illegals."

Trump likes the situation. It gives him something to get his base worked up about, especially at his rallies. He came down the escalator in 2016, calling Mexicans "rapists." Trump wants you and your ilk to be upset and agree with him. That's how he gets your vote.

I have an idea, why don't you get a heart?

Old 12-29-2019, 01:45 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,174,445 times
Default Vountary Checkoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahewahewaheguru View Post
Well, all over the world mothers and fathers are taking their children out of grave dangers.
They are fleeing situations that you cannot imagine being in.
For many (not all, that is true) to not flee is not an option.
No matter how poor you are, given the tone and content of your post, ie; the lack of compassion, you don't understand their plight.
And you don't give a sh** because they are not Americans.
How UN American!
Quote:
I am sad for these people. They are desperately fleeing countries that are no longer safe because of gang violence. Yes, they bring their kids with them. Would you leave your kids behind in a country of violence? Hmmm.

Trump and the Repubs need to do something to help the Central American countries, instead of just putting the asylum seekers in "jails." I don't want our country overflowing with immigrants either, but the USA needs to help them, so they can stay in their own countries. By the way, asylum seekers are not "illegals."

Trump likes the situation. It gives him something to get his base worked up about, especially at his rallies. He came down the escalator in 2016, calling Mexicans "rapists." Trump wants you and your ilk to be upset and agree with him. That's how he gets your vote.

I have an idea, why don't you get a heart?
You have a point. Here's the ticket, Modest proposal for Funding Fleeing Migrants - Voluntary Tax Checkoff.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:17 PM

19,900 posts, read 9,458,929 times
Quote:
The second link you posted is not a real url. Nothing there...

Re 1st link listed, see my post #1384 about how Buttigieg wants to help little children who were ripped from their mothers’ arms and incarcerated. Guess you don’t care if babies are mistreated?
Of course, I do -- I have said countless times in my posts that I don't believe that children should suffer for the mistakes (or crimes) of their parents, and that applies to "welfare", too. Although I am against free healthcare and other freebies for people here illegally, I would always make exceptions for young children -- but I do NOT believe in reparations for anyone who comes to this country illegally -- period -- although that does not mean to say that I think that ANYONE should be treated like abused animals. However, if people who would attempt to enter this country illegally would realize that they will NOT be met with "open arms", maybe they would stop coming here.*

Regarding the non-working link, when I checked it, it didn't work now for me, either, so I did some more research on Buttigieg's stance on this, and I admit that it is more reasonable than those of most other Democrat candidates, as at least he says that he supports an option for people in this country to BUY into a healthcare plan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...t-health-care/

*P.S. on Edit: Btw, I am and have always been in favor of making the process of becoming a U.S. citizen much easier. If those people who come into the U.S. are willing to become legal citizens and pay all taxes, including income taxes, I would have absolutely no problem with immigration. As should be well known, most of us now living in the U.S. are the descendants of people who immigrated to this country less than 400 years ago!

Last edited by katharsis; 12-29-2019 at 02:32 PM..

Old 12-30-2019, 02:14 PM

Immigrants are essentially applying for a job. Handle it the same way.

What openings do we have, Fill out an application? Aptitude tests like the military? Take a physical? etc.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,395,157 times
Most of the ones from Central America will be landscapers, maids and nannies.

I don’t know why so many of you are scared they will take your jobs!

Old 12-30-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Most of the ones from Central America will be landscapers, maids and nannies.

I don’t know why so many of you are scared they will take your jobs!
Who's scared of workers? No one, so get off that soap box... it's a lie. If there's a concern, it's MS-13 and other gangs who by the way, don't enter the US legally.

I usta do adult education (teaching English and reading) for Guatemalans. Good Godly people, hard workers, love their kids. The local Mexicans didn't like them... took "their'' jobs. Now most Mexicans are in the trades by me. Guatemalans work agricultural, do the yards and work nursery's and such. Slower to adapt to American way of life.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,547,492 times
Joe Biden, out on the stump, has indicated that he is open to picking a Republican as his running mate. While he is not ready to name names, he said 'there's some really decent Republicans that are out there still'.

Quote:
Biden Open To Republican Running Mate: "Can't Think Of One Right Now"

At a campaign event Tuesday in New Hamshire, Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden is asked if he would consider making a Republican his running mate in the 2020 election.
BIDEN: The answer is, I would, but I can't think of one now.

No, there's some really decent Republicans that are out there still. But here's the problem right now, are the well-known ones. They have got to step up.

So with this Biden pretty clearly appears to be trying to turn to the right. Apparently he is giving up on the possibility of outflanking the extreme left Sanders and Warren from the left, or on the possibility of chipping away some of their supporters in the primaries.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:53 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,547,492 times
Karl Rove is predicting that if the Democrats nominate anyone other than Joe Biden, Trump wins. If Biden is the nominee, he thinks Trump will have a difficult fight on his hands and that the race will come down to Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Whoever wins two of those three will win it all.

Rove also predicted that whoever wins the nomination, no candidate will show up with a majority of the delegates, meaning a real possibility for a brokered convention, and a lot last minute political manuevering and back room deals.

Quote:
Karl Rove predicts Trump win if Biden is not 2020 Democratic nominee

Karl Rove said he believes former Vice President Joe Biden has a good shot at beating President Trump in the 2020 election if he can win the Democratic presidential nomination. The former adviser to President

George W. Bush made several predictions for the 2020 election, including that the Democratic convention will be contested. “Pete Buttigieg wins Iowa, but no Democrat arrives at the convention with a majority,” he wrote in a piece for the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday. “I pick Mr. Biden to win, but I’d take the field if I could.”

“Victory depends on Mr. Trump’s discipline and whom the Democrats nominate. If it’s Mr. Biden, Mr. Trump has an uphill fight; if not, the president wins,” he added. “The election again comes down to Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Mr. Trump must win at least two,” Rove said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections