Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2020, 01:16 PM

1,839 posts, read 678,630 times

Advertisements

I doubt Steyer is fuming. Both Bloomberg and Steyer have name recognition in polls now through massive spending. It's just strange to think that Steyer, a California liberal environmentalist, having support in South Carolina:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-tom...outh-carolina/

Bloomberg doesn't qualify for debates, but Steyer is on the debate stage, he's pretty single issue. Kind of like Leonardo DiCaprio on his environment concerns. He won't directly challenge any of the other candidates, and no one will challenge him, since he speaks pretty limited to the climate crisis. When it's his turn on a question, it's like a commercial break for other candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 01:39 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
All the clowns in the clown car are now White!

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...e-14966547.php

Where's the diversity?

If I'm Trump, I'm begging Condoleeza Rice to be my 2020 Running mate.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:46 PM

1,839 posts, read 678,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

I think he would choose Nikki Haley. Condoleeza Rice is tied too much to Bush's Presidency and Iraq War advocate.

I think either Biden or Sanders, if the nominee, will choose a running mate of color or a woman.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:50 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,829,273 times
Nikki Haley & Ben Carson 2024

Old 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM

35,114 posts, read 17,063,143 times
Quote:
Or Nikki Haley. I think she's of Asian descent, and female.

Old 01-12-2020, 11:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:

Where's the diversity?

Wait until after Iowa (Feb 3) and New Hampshire (Feb 11). This race will be down to six at the most after that, and very possibly less. All the minority candidates are likely to be out and all the women, aside from Pocahontas.

When Democrat primary voters who prioritize "Identity politics" above all go out to vote in the other 48 states, there are going to notice this apparent discrepancy.

LOL. How can they not?

Old 01-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Where's the diversity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I think he would choose Nikki Haley. Condoleeza Rice is tied too much to Bush's Presidency and Iraq War advocate.

I think either Biden or Sanders, if the nominee, will choose a running mate of color or a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Or Nikki Haley. I think she's of Asian descent, and female.
Trump has already said he is staying with Pence. And of course he should.

In 2024, watch out for Pompeo/Haley. The Democrats will be on their knees.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 PM

Bernie is turning his guns on Elizabeth Warren. This is big news, as there has been a bit of an apparent peace pact between these two before now. But just like the peace pact between Trump and Cruz in 2016, it was not to last. At the end of the primary contest, there can be only one.

Quote:
Bernie campaign slams Warren as candidate of the elite

The non-aggression pact between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren is seriously fraying. Sanders’ campaign has begun stealthily attacking Warren as a candidate of the upper crust who could not expand the Democratic base in a general election, according to talking points his campaign is using to persuade voters obtained by POLITICO.

The script instructs Sanders volunteers to tell voters leaning toward the Massachusetts senator that the “people who support her are highly-educated, more affluent people who are going to show up and vote Democratic no matter what” and that “[s]he's bringing no new bases into the Democratic Party.”

“I like Elizabeth Warren. [optional]” the script begins. “In fact, she’s my second choice. But here’s my concern about her.” It then pivots to the criticisms of Warren.
This is the beginning of the playoffs. The semi-finals for the Democrats, if you will. The far left appears to have resolved down to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. The other brackets aside from the establishment bracket seem to have basically vanished. Which is very interesting.

If one of them can consolidate that support, they will have a real chance against the current frontrunner Joe Biden, who is only averaging about 29% in the national polls. And quite a bit less in Iowa and New Hampshire, both of which Bernie Sanders has held a narrow poll lead in for a while now.

Warren has been looking surprisingly weak. I never thought she was really going to win the nomination, but the current level of ambivalence towards her and her campaign by Democrat voters is surprising to me. Bernie looks to be peaking at the right time.

The smart thing for Sanders to do is to try to take Warren out early - and with this move, he looks to be doing that. Warren is going to have to respond, which it does not look like she really wants to do. But this is could well be her Waterloo. For Warren, this is an existential threat to her candidacy.

And with that, this game is truly on.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 01-12-2020 at 12:23 PM..

Old 01-12-2020, 12:17 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,905,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Yikes! That is a dreadful ticket. A female, warmongering neocon globalist and a black neurosurgeon who is half-asleep? Gotta give you credit for at least trying to check off all of the diversity boxes, though.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:18 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,717,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bernie is turning his guns on Elizabeth Warren. This is big news, as their has been a bit of an apparent peace pact between these two before now. But just like the peace pact between Trump and Cruz in 2016, it was not to last. At the end of the primary contest, there can be only one.

This is the beginning of the playoffs. The semi-finals for the Democrats, if you will. The far left appears to have resolved down to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. The other brackets aside from the establishment bracket seem to have basically vanished. Which is very interesting.

If one of them can consolidate that support, they will have a real chance against the current frontrunner Joe Biden, who is only averaging about 29% in the national polls. And quite a bit less in Iowa and New Hampshire, both of which Bernie Sanders has held a narrow poll lead in for a while now.

Warren has been looking surprisingly weak. I never thought she was really going to win the nomination, but the current level of ambivalence towards her and her campaign by Democrat voters is surprising to me. Bernie looks to be peaking at the right time.

The smart thing for Sanders to do is to try to take Warren out early - and with this move, he looks to be doing that. Warren is going to have to respond, which it does not look like she really wants to do. But this is could well be her Waterloo. For Warren, this is an existential threat to her candidacy.

And with that, this game is truly on.
Does Politico have any evidence that such a "script" exists? Several people who work for the campaign have come out (with evidence) to refute Politico's report.

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/stat...36453577068544

Last edited by citidata18; 01-12-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections