Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2020, 12:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,543,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Does Politico have any evidence that such a "script" exists?

Several people who work for the campaign have come out (with evidence) to refute Politico's report.

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/stat...36453577068544
Your twitter post against the Politico article that I linked above. Politico is saying that Bernie is targeting Warren, which strategically makes perfect sense.

If Sanders has made this strategic decision, then it will become apparent in more than just this one way. And if he has not made this decision, then what is he thinking? If he can consolidate the vote on the left, he has a chance to win, if he splits it with Warren from now to the convention, then he very certainly will not win the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 12:31 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,731,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Your twitter post against the Politico article that I linked above.
There was more than that in the tweet I linked to (it was a conversation).

I will repeat my question that you ignored. Does Politico have any evidence that such a "script" exists?

It is basic journalistic ethics to reveal all sources, and if you can't, emphasize that your protecting an anonymous source. In dereliction of their duty, Politico failed to do both of these things, which puts into question the validity of their report. It is also irresponsible to spread around articles that fall short of abiding by this standard & practice.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:35 PM

Judge Judy has endorsed Mayor Bloomberg and is out on the stump helping him to campaign in Texas.

Some of you may laugh, but this is almost an Oprah quality "get". Really smart. Judge Judy has some reach and her endorsement will carry some weight. One or two more clever endorsements by people of this sort and Bloomberg's campaign could launch into a state of real contention.

Quote:
Judge Judy: America “deserves greatness,” joins Bloomberg in Texas

The jury is in – Judy Sheindlin a.k.a. Judge Judy, has endorsed billionaire Michael Bloomberg for president. The television star is even going on the campaign trail with him to plead his case to voters. The two campaigned together in Texas Saturday.

Sheindlin, like Bloomberg, is 77 years old and a New Yorker. She references Bloomberg’s tenure as Mayor of New York City as proof of his skills – he’s “innovative,” “courageous” and “beholden to no one.” Most of all, she was searching for greatness in the Democrat primary and wasn’t finding it with the other candidates.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...17558463287298

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...29533738033152

Old 01-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Judge Judy has endorsed Mayor Bloomberg and is out on the stump helping him to campaign in Texas.

Some of you may laugh, but this is almost an Oprah quality "get". Really smart. Judge Judy has some reach and her endorsement will carry some weight. One or two more clever endorsements by people of this sort and Bloomberg's campaign could launch into a state of real contention.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...17558463287298

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...29533738033152
A filthy stinking rich New Yorker endorsing another filthy stinking rich New Yorker out of fear of their money getting taxed away?

[sarcasm] Color everyone shocked! [/sarcasm]

Old 01-12-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
A filthy stinking rich New Yorker endorsing another filthy stinking rich New Yorker out of fear of their money getting taxed away?

When questioned about the logic behind her endorsement of Michael Bloomberg by Chris Cuomo on CNN (he's #1, not #2), she gave the most absurd answer that (for an accomplished and highly educated legal professional) made no sense what so ever.

Skip to 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyJLQXeRHzU

Old 01-12-2020, 12:52 PM

1,840 posts, read 681,510 times
Quote:
Your twitter post against the Politico article that I linked above. Politico is saying that Bernie is targeting Warren, which strategically makes perfect sense.

If Sanders has made this strategic decision, then it will become apparent in more than just this one way. And if he has not made this decision, then what is he thinking? If he can consolidate the vote on the left, he has a chance to win, if he splits it with Warren from now to the convention, then he very certainly will not win the nomination.
It's kind of backwards but Warren staying in the race long enough can help Bernie, if she pulls from Biden and Buttigieg more, than what she pulls from Bernie. She has an intersection of voters with Bernie, but also with Biden/Buttigieg with college educated women voters. She pivoted again and recently become less of a Medicare for All purist, where priority in her first 100 days would be keeping Obacamare active and adding a public option.

Quote:

The ironic part is Bloomberg might hurt the moderate candidates the most.

His ads are generally just anti-Trump. A lot of Trump footage of him speaking on ending protections of pre-existing conditions of Obamacare. That might be good advertising for all the Democrat candidates.

I think Klobuchar might have the most challenges in the next few weeks. With the Senate Trial and she already in a vulnerable position likely not able to campaign against her Midwest nemesis, Buttigieg. I don't think she can attract the needed momentum for Iowa and NH.

Looking at Bennett also in the race and two have similar enough moderate Democrat Senator backgrounds. Maybe it would have helped slightly if she had his endorsement and maybe from other peer moderate Democrat Senators.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
The ironic part is Bloomberg might hurt the moderate candidates the most.
That's certainly what's been happening so far.

Bernie, meanwhile, has trended upward ever since he joined the race.

Old 01-12-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
There was more than that in the tweet I linked to (it was a conversation).

I will repeat my question that you ignored. Does Politico have any evidence that such a "script" exists?

It is basic journalistic ethics to reveal all sources, and if you can't, emphasize that your protecting an anonymous source. In dereliction of their duty, Politico failed to do both of these things, which puts into question the validity of their report. It is also irresponsible to spread around articles that fall short of abiding by this standard & practice.
Elizabeth Warren is responding as if she thinks this is happening:

Quote:
Warren: 'Disappointed' to hear Sanders urging volunteers 'to trash me'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she was “disappointed” to hear that her presidential primary opponent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) was reportedly urging his campaign volunteers to “trash” her and warned against the “factionalism” she said impacted the 2016 election. "I was disappointed to hear that Bernie is sending his volunteers out to trash me,” Warren said Sunday, speaking to reporters in Iowa.

“Democrats need to unite our party, and that means pulling in all parts of the Democratic coalition,” she said. "I hope Bernie reconsiders and turns his campaign in a different direction,” the senator added.

A spokesperson for the Sanders said the campaign does not have a response to Warren’s comments.
And "A spokesperson for the Sanders said the campaign does not have a response to Warren’s comments"

They will be facing off at a debate Tuesday in Des Moines. What are the chances that this comes up as a topic for discussion during the debate?

Old 01-12-2020, 01:57 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,855,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Yikes! That is a dreadful ticket. A female, warmongering neocon globalist and a black neurosurgeon who is half-asleep? Gotta give you credit for at least trying to check off all of the diversity boxes, though.
Or as others without bias, see the cup as half full ... A political executive (Governor) who managed a state and became a well respected international American advocate and remains an unapologetic patriot, and socially astute, human loving/caring cabinet member who is a, world renown and respected neurosurgeon.

See how that plays out when facts are part of the equation?

Old 01-12-2020, 02:03 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
I fully expect to be physically threatened at the polls nov 3
I will wear a red Hat with flowers and no slogans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections