Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 09:42 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times

Advertisements

^
That's good news!

That said, I was thinking if maybe Klobuchar's appeal might just be regional? I could see her doing well in the Midwest, maybe some New England states and maybe PA, and possibly the Rocky Mountain states, but for some reason she doesn't seem like she would have much appeal in the South and the West Coast.

I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 10:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
^
That's good news!

That said, I was thinking if maybe Klobuchar's appeal might just be regional? I could see her doing well in the Midwest, maybe some New England states and maybe PA, and possibly the Rocky Mountain states, but for some reason she doesn't seem like she would have much appeal in the South and the West Coast.

I could be wrong.
Well, I could be wrong, but I said at the beginning of this thread in January 2019 that she was the best choice for the Democrats this cycle.

I think that your people are looking at the viable choices and they are not liking their options. As things grow late, it seems like some Democrats have decided that Joe Biden is not happening, Bernie Sanders should not be happening, Mayor Pete is likely to fall short and Pocahontas is just not resonating.

So, who else is there? It appears to me that your remaining viable alternate choices are down to Bloomberg and Klobuchar. Bloomberg will show up a little later, but Klobuchar, if you guys want for her to remain an option, her time has to be right now.

Klobuchar lacks that incendiary element that tends to get people noticed and interviewed more often on cable news. That incendiary element appears to be very important to most Democrat left voters this cycle. Can she break through without it? I am not convinced that she can, but if she can, she would be the most effective competitor to Trump that you guys have running right now. In my opinion.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:26 PM

Joe Biden's lead in the RCP National Poll average is today down to 0.3%.

That is not 3%, but 0.3%.

If Sanders wins tomorrow, as expected, and Joe finishes in fourth or fifth place, also as expected, then Sanders is likely to take the lead in the national poll later this week.

RCP Poll Average - National
23.0 - Biden
22.7 - Sanders
15.3 - Warren
12.7 - Bloomberg
08.3 - Buttigieg
04.3 - Klobuchar

Bloomberg at almost 13% and he has not participated in a debate or been on a primary ballot yet. I know some of you guys are excited about Klobuchar all of the sudden, but I do not think that Michael Bloomberg shares your enthusiasm.

Hold on to your hats fellas.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:10 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

If Sanders wins tomorrow, as expected, and Joe finishes in fourth or fifth place, also as expected, then Sanders is likely to take the lead in the national poll later this week.

23.0 - Biden
22.7 - Sanders
15.3 - Warren
12.7 - Bloomberg
08.3 - Buttigieg
04.3 - Klobuchar

Bloomberg at almost 13%, and he has not participated in a debate or been on a primary ballot yet. I know some of you guys are excited about Klobuchar all of the sudden, but I do not think that Michael Bloomberg shares your enthusiasm.

Bloomberg is spending a ton and running a bunch of national ads, most the other candidates other than Steyer have refrained from any other national advertising (Buttigieg just did an ad buy in seven Super Tuesday states, but that was literally within the last day or two).

It will be interesting to see if Bloomberg continues to poll as well as he is once the other candidates start advertising outside of the early states.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Bloomberg is spending a ton and running a bunch of national ads, most the other candidates other than Steyer have refrained from any other national advertising (Buttigieg just did an ad buy in seven Super Tuesday states, but that was literally within the last day or two).

It will be interesting to see if Bloomberg continues to poll as well as he is once the other candidates start advertising outside of the early states.
It will be interesting to see if Bloomberg can continue to build and increase his level of support once he finally starts participating in the debates and campaigning in the Super Tuesday states, where he will first appear on an actual ballot.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:

23.0 - Biden
22.7 - Sanders
15.3 - Warren
12.7 - Bloomberg
08.3 - Buttigieg
04.3 - Klobuchar

Bloomberg at almost 13% and he has not participated in a debate or been on a primary ballot yet. I know some of you guys are excited about Klobuchar all of the sudden, but I do not think that Michael Bloomberg shares your enthusiasm.

Sanders took the lead in a National Poll today... Quinnipiac
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3655

New Hampshire needs over 250,000 voting in the Democrat Primary tomorrow to meet expectations.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Sanders took the lead in a National Poll today... Quinnipiac
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3655

New Hampshire needs over 250,000 voting in the Democrat Primary tomorrow to meet expectations.
And today, election day in New Hampshire, Sanders has taken a solid lead in the National RCP Poll Average. In brackets are the changes from last Monday, the day of the Iowa caucuses.

23.8 - Sanders (+0.7)
19.8 - Biden (-7.8)
14.0 - Warren (-0.6)
13.0 - Bloomberg (+4.0)
10.8 - Buttigieg (+4.4)
04.8 - Klobuchar (+0.7)

Bernie Sanders is now the frontrunner for the Democrats to win their party's presidential nomination. Joe Biden appears to be in a near freefall in these polls. If he takes another hit today like the one he took in Iowa, then hopefully somebody will step in and call for an eight-count.

After the top six listed above, Yang has 3.3 and nobody else is over 2%. It would be helpful if all of these people dropped out of the race tomorrow once the primary results are in.

The final RCP average for New Hampshire is as follows. Let's see how the actual results compare, shall we?

RCP Poll Average - New Hampshire

28.7 - Sanders
21.3 - Buttigieg
11.7 - Klobuchar
11.0 - Warren
11.0 - Biden

Sanders and Klobuchar have both risen in the latest polling, while Buttigieg, Warren and Biden have all lost ground. Now, on to the only poll in New Hampshire that actually counts.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:08 AM

Joe Biden has decided to cancel his planned appearance at his primary night party in New Hampshire and he is flying out to South Carolina. While it is the middle of the day and the polls in New Hampshire are open he is doing this. Is this guy a knucklehead, or what?

Quote:
Biden abruptly cancels New Hampshire primary party appearance, heads to South Carolina

The former vice president abruptly announced on Tuesday morning that he won’t spend primary night in New Hampshire as planned and instead is flying to South Carolina to headline a kick-off rally in the state he’s long considered his campaign firewall.

“We’re going to head to South Carolina tonight,” Biden told reporters as he visited a polling station with voting underway in the state that holds the first primary in the race for the White House. “And I’m going to Nevada… we’ve got to look at them all.”

The campaign confirmed Biden is now canceling his originally scheduled appearance at a primary night party in Nashua, N.H., and will be in South Carolina instead.
I did not expect this to happen until around Super Tuesday, but I think I am going to call it now. Joe Biden is finished. Can someone explain to me why he should not just withdraw from this race right now? This is getting embarrassing for the guy. Seriously, Joe. Get out.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:24 AM

21,944 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Joe Biden has decided to cancel his planned appearance at his primary night party in New Hampshire and he is flying out to South Carolina. While it is the middle of the day and the polls in New Hampshire are open he is doing this. Is this guy a knucklehead, or what?

I did not expect this to happen until around Super Tuesday, but I think I am going to call it now. Joe Biden is finished. Can someone explain to me why he should not just withdraw from this race right now? This is getting embarrassing for the guy. Seriously, Joe. Get out.
He thinks South Carolina and the black vote is his ace in the hole.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He thinks South Carolina and the black vote is his ace in the hole.
If it isn't, he is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections