Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 06:20 PM

35,144 posts, read 17,096,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bernie Sanders
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Terry McCauliffe
Rahm Emmanuel
Michael Bloomberg
Eric Holder
Kamala Harris
Corey Booker
Elizabeth Warren
Kristen Gillibrand
+ maybe a dozen more
So far so good. McCaulife, Emanuel, Holder, Clinton and Bloomberg still have not announced. Buttegieg (sp), Beto O'Rourke, Hickenlooper, Biden and some I'm sure I'm missing have. My choice, Maxine Waters for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,723,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
So far so good. McCaulife, Emanuel, Holder, Clinton and Bloomberg still have not announced. Buttegieg (sp), Beto O'Rourke, Hickenlooper, Biden and some I'm sure I'm missing have. My choice, Maxine Waters for President.
HA!

Old 05-11-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Quote:
HA!
I'm quite serious. She's a national treasure. Read the linked thread. True progressives would support her.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I'm quite serious. She's a national treasure. Read the linked thread. True progressives would support her.
I think you and I have different definitions of "true progressives."

Old 05-11-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I think you and I have different definitions of "true progressives."
My true heroes in life are Che Guevera, Joanne Chesimard, Kathy Boudine and Ilhan Omar. Those are real progressives.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
My true heroes in life are Che Guevera...Kathy Boudin...
Maxine Waters isn't a Marxist or Communist, and I don't know of any Marxist or Communist who would vote for her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/25/maxi...ist-party.html

Quote:
...Joanne Chesimard...
She supported medicare-for-all, free college tuition and a living wage mandate?

Quote:
...and Ilhan Omar...
Maxine Waters takes in corporate money, while Ilhan Omar has pledged not to. "True progressives" do not.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...street-1357237

Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,909,533 times
Quote:
Maxine Waters isn't a Marxist or Communist, and I don't know of any Marxist or Communist who would vote for her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/25/maxi...ist-party.html

She supported medicare-for-all, free college tuition and a living wage mandate?

Maxine Waters takes in corporate money, while Ilhan Omar has pledged not to. "True progressives" do not.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...street-1357237
Well said. So many people are brainwashed and believe whatever FOX tells them to think.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:51 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Biden poised to deliver the early beatdown in South Carolina, if this early poll is even in the ballpark of being correct.

46 - Biden
15 - Sanders
10 - Harris
08 - Buttiegieg
08 - Warren
04 - Booker
02 - O'Rourke

Quote:
Biden 46, Sanders 15, Harris 10 in South Carolina

Biden is preferred by 46 percent of likely S.C. Democratic primary voters, up 14 points from a month ago, according to a Post and Courier-Change Research Poll released Sunday. Biden’s post-announcement bump in South Carolina is higher than in other parts of the country, pollsters said.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders sits second at 15 percent, with California Sen. Kamala Harris following at 10 percent. Their numbers have held steady in three S.C. polls taken since February. South Bend, Ind., Mayor Peter Buttigieg continued his surprising rise, landing fourth, at 8 percent in a tie with Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Buttigieg did not register with voters in the first S.C. poll taken nearly three months ago.

The next two candidates, New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker and former Texas congressman Beto O’Rourke, took big hits this month in the crucial early-primary state.
Aside from Biden, the most noteworthy candidate in this poll is Kamala Harris, who is positioned to possibly come in third here. If she can get that up to 15% so that she is eligible to earn delegates in this race, this could be here ticket to advance to the second round (after the first four primaries in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina), which will see the field reduced dramatically going into super Tuesday.

Also, Beta O'Rourke has lost 7% since last month's poll, as more Democrat supporters appear to be starting to look past the spin and media hype about this candidate and are noticing that he is not anywhere close to ready for this challenge.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:36 PM

8,507 posts, read 8,825,111 times
Quote:
My true heroes in life are Che Guevera, Joanne Chesimard, Kathy Boudine and Ilhan Omar. Those are real progressives.

So your heroes are Che (a pretty common and understandable choice), a woman whose time with the Black Liberation Army resulted in a murder conviction and not much else (currently in Cuba), another radical with a murder conviction (and a job at Columbia University) and a first term representative who has a fairly good chance of being defeated next time? What legislation has she specifically helped pass?

Progressives help achieve progress. Radicals may shake things up but they are often not the direct agents of progress and can often set things back. Che helped achieve progress in Cuba. And helped create problems. The other 3 have achieved little directly and may have done more harm indirectly. Imo.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
So your heroes are Che (a pretty common and understandable choice), a woman whose time with the Black Liberation Army resulted in a murder conviction and not much else (currently in Cuba), another radical with a murder conviction (and a job at Columbia University) and a first term representative who has a fairly good chance of being defeated next time? What legislation has she specifically helped pass?

Progressives help achieve progress. Radicals may shake things up but they are often not the direct agents of progress and can often set things back. Che helped achieve progress in Cuba. And helped create problems. The other 3 have achieved little directly and may have done more harm indirectly. Imo.
Obviously you haven't read the books and essays of the deep political, ethical and economic foundations of the United states by the three of them, with ample help from Rashid Tlaib and my businessman hero Bernard L. Madoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections