Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 05:59 PM

8,519 posts, read 8,900,233 times

Advertisements

Didn't get where you were coming from. Nevermind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 02:44 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,559,204 times
Politico reports that some black lawmakers are promoting Biden/Harris as a 'Dream ticket'.
Quote:
Some Black Lawmakers Pitch Biden and Harris as a "Dream Ticket"

The Congressional Black Caucus may have found an answer to its Joe Biden dilemma: Vice President Kamala Harris. Some black lawmakers are agonizing over whether to back Biden or two members of the close-knit caucus — Sens. Harris and Cory Booker — who are also vying for the White House, according to interviews with a dozen CBC members.

But with the former vice president jumping out to a huge, if early, lead in the polls, several CBC members are warming to the idea of a Biden-Harris ticket to take on President Donald Trump. “That would be a dream ticket for me, a dream ticket!” said Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.). “If she is not the nominee, that would be a dream ticket for this country.”
With the Democrat left obsession with "political correctness" and "Identity politics," it is likely that more than just black Democrats will find this combination appealing. In fact, who else is Biden going to pick? Not Bernie Sanders. Probably not another white male. Maybe one of the white females. But why do that when he can pick a female with dark skin to be his running mate?

Kamala Harris has to be the front-runner to be Joe Biden's VP nominee, if he wins the nomination. And not just among Democrats who are black.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:49 PM

22,094 posts, read 9,653,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm quite serious. She's a national treasure. Read the linked thread. True progressives would support her.
I would give my right arm to see her run.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:27 PM

35,391 posts, read 17,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I would give my right arm to see her run.
Another good choice would be Rashida Tlaib, but I don't know if she is a natural-born citizen.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,121,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Politico reports that some black lawmakers are promoting Biden/Harris as a 'Dream ticket'.With the Democrat left obsession with "political correctness" and "Identity politics," it is likely that more than just black Democrats will find this combination appealing. In fact, who else is Biden going to pick? Not Bernie Sanders. Probably not another white male. Maybe one of the white females. But why do that when he can pick a female with dark skin to be his running mate?

Kamala Harris has to be the front-runner to be Joe Biden's VP nominee, if he wins the nomination. And not just among Democrats who are black.
That sounds about right. And I'm going to fight like hell to see that Trump is reelected.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:14 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,923,163 times
Quote:
Another good choice would be Rashida Tlaib, but I don't know if she is a natural-born citizen.
Obama wasn't and he still ran (and won).

Old 05-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Another "old white male" just joined the race. This is beyond a joke at this point...

Old 05-14-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Another "old white male" just joined the race. This is beyond a joke at this point...
You mean the governor of Montana?

Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I just looked it up. Rashida Harbi Tlaib was born in Detroit and is 42 years old. A perfect Democratic candidate.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You mean the governor of Montana?
I believe so.

Doesn't have a snowballs chance in Inferno. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections