Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 12:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,390,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That was hope as well as change. The Clinton family was enriched as well.
All modern day Presidents get rich after they leave office. Trump is enriching himself mightily during his tenure.

My hope is that we can change away from this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
MA Poll (BG/Suffolk): Biden 22, Warren 10, Buttigieg 8, Sanders 6

Pocahontas at 10% support and down 12 to Joe Biden in her home state of Massachusetts. If she cannot win here, she likely cannot win anywhere.

That was just the Boston Globe result. The RCP average for MA was 12.0 for Warren. No slanting the facts, please.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,542,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
That was just the Boston Globe result. The RCP average for MA was 12.0 for Warren. No slanting the facts, please.
Ooooh. 12% in the average rather than 10% in the latest Boston Globe poll. Excuuuse me.

The alternative polling that you prefer makes such a big difference. LOL.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Beta O'Rourke's home state is Texas. He was the Democrat's sacrificial lamb against Ted Cruz in the 2018 Senate race there.

The only reason he polled as well as he did against Cruz was because that race was the most expensive senate race in US history. O'Rourke's funding dwarfed Cruz's and was provided by massive big out of state money, which was compounded by all of the usual Democrat mass media outlets promoting O'Rourke wall to wall.

This was the ONLY reason that O'Rourke was competitive. He was a media creation puffed up with more out of state money than we have ever seen put into a senate candidate before - and he still lost that race.

O'Rourke is very possibly even more of an empty suit than Obama, if you can imagine that. There is no "there", there. The guy is no more ready to make a serious run for president than he is to publish breakthrough scientific papers that solve the mysteries of dark matter and dark energy.

Beta O'Rourke is more out of his depth than any presidential candidate we have ever seen that shows up with support in the national polls. He will not be a factor in the national race, and he will almost certainly be out of the race long before the primary in Texas is held.
Cruz is hated across the country. He’s not liked in the Senate either.

Why do you hate Beto so much? It’s odd, because I’m fairly certain you are a dyed in the wool Repub. Are you scared of him?

Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Cruz is hated across the country. He’s not liked in the Senate either.

Why do you hate Beto so much? It’s odd, because I’m fairly certain you are a dyed in the wool Repub. Are you scared of him?
Beta is so scary. LOL. In fact, Betaphobia - is that a thing yet?

I don't hate Beta. He is in so far over his head there is not even a way to measure how far that is.

That being said, it would be so great if he were the Democrat's nominee for president this time. If he looks like he is at all competitive, I promise that I will give serious consideration to voting for him in the primary.

Also, I am an independent, although I do lean conservative. I have not identified with any political party for quite a long time and have no intention of ever doing so again as long as I live.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Beta is so scary. LOL. In fact, Betaphobia - is that a thing yet?

I don't hate Beta. He is in so far over his head there is not even a way to measure how far that is.

That being said, it would be so great if he were the Democrat's nominee for president this time. If he looks like he is at all competitive, I promise that I will give serious consideration to voting for him in the primary.

Also, I am an independent, although I do lean conservative. I have not identified with any political party for quite a long time and have no intention of ever doing so again as long as I live.
You sure seem to lean far to the right. When was the last time you voted for a Democratic candidate? Ever?

You would probably only vote for Beto to hurt the more likely Dem primary winner. I understand what’s going on here.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You sure seem to lean far to the right. When was the last time you voted for a Democratic candidate? Ever?

You would probably only vote for Beto to hurt the more likely Dem primary winner. I understand what’s going on here.
I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democrat primary in 2008.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,744,586 times
I just love the title of this thread lol

Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM

8,509 posts, read 8,840,496 times
Quote:
I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democrat primary in 2008.

So the flip from Hillary to Obama the candidate was too severe for a Democratic vote in 2008 general election because of: things Obama said or represented or things McCain say or did? Were you an independent voter choosing which party to try to influence or a registered Democrat? If Hillary had won the primary in 2008 would you have voted for her in that general election?

Just curious to hear, if you are willing to say.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:11 PM

2,988 posts, read 1,173,243 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections