Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 11:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,539,306 times

Advertisements

John Kass writes very persuasively at the Chicago Tribune that Joe Biden is done. I am reluctant to make a final declaration of agreement about this. However, that being said, his analysis does appear to be correct.

But that in his view is less important than the Democrat candidates public embrace of "open borders" during these debates. Yeah, I know they still do not like to hear it called that. But insisting that illegal immigration be decriminalized, in other words made no longer illegal, is the icing on the cake. The cat is out of the bag. They will own this policy choice in this election and it will be a factor in the outcome.

And that is indeed the big news coming out of these first two nights of debates.

Kass speaks to all of this in his article, linked below. It is an excellently insightful article. But I am going to quote from another section of the article, which I believe readers here might find thoughtfully informative and correct.

Did you see the way that Kamala Harris kicked Joe Biden hard with a steel toed boot, straight to the political jimmy's with the "Race" issue? Kass correctly observes that Pocahantus is well positioned to be the recipient of a similar beat down, as a result of her dishonest effort to appropriate a new non-white race and culture for herself.

Quote:
Biden Is Toast--and So Is the Party of Open Borders

Harris is a former prosecutor, a trial lawyer, and showed she can handle pressure. She calmly embraced all that heat on the debate stage, brought it to her for dramatic effect, drew it in, then released it right at Biden.

The way she played Biden and race, just think what she’ll do to Warren, who vaulted herself onto the faculty of Harvard Law School as a Cherokee and came up with those ridiculous recipes involving cold crab meat that were offered up as true Native American fare.

Warren’s career is a creation myth born in identity politics. She insisted she was a Cherokee, and Harvard praised her for it as if ethnicity was a virtue, perhaps because Harvard was desperate to promote minorities on its law school faculty.

Then Warren’s embarrassing DNA test came out. No further questions, your honor. But Harris will have questions. Bet on it.
Seriously, when the day comes, if you are squeamish, you need to be ready to turn away. This Kamala Harris person is nasty and she does not appear to be pulling any punches or taking any prisoners, even in her own party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 12:48 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,980,549 times
As of today, 2 Dems and 2 GOPs (Geoffrey Fieger, John Kasich, Bob Corker, Stacey Abrams) are still considering whether to run for President.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:12 PM

21,976 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
John Kass writes very persuasively at the Chicago Tribune that Joe Biden is done. I am reluctant to make a final declaration of agreement about this. However, that being said, his analysis does appear to be correct.

But that in his view is less important than the Democrat candidates public embrace of "open borders" during these debates. Yeah, I know they still do not like to hear it called that. But insisting that illegal immigration be decriminalized, in other words made no longer illegal, is the icing on the cake. The cat is out of the bag. They will own this policy choice in this election and it will be a factor in the outcome.

And that is indeed the big news coming out of these first two nights of debates.

Kass speaks to all of this in his article, linked below. It is an excellently insightful article. But I am going to quote from another section of the article, which I believe readers here might find thoughtfully informative and correct.

Did you see the way that Kamala Harris kicked Joe Biden hard with a steel toed boot, straight to the political jimmy's with the "Race" issue? Kass correctly observes that Pocahantus is well positioned to be the recipient of a similar beat down, as a result of her dishonest effort to appropriate a new non-white race and culture for herself.

Seriously, when the day comes, if you are squeamish, you need to be ready to turn away. This Kamala Harris person is nasty and she does not appear to be pulling any punches or taking any prisoners, even in her own party.
Harris is standing now on preprogrammed sound bites. She is horrible off the cuff.
I read Kass regularly.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
As of today, 2 Dems and 2 GOPs (Geoffrey Fieger, John Kasich, Bob Corker, Stacey Abrams) are still considering whether to run for President.
Kasich and Corker have both stated that they are not running.

After Kamala Harris performance last week at the debate, Stacey Abram is too late, as they would both be competing for the same vote. I do not know who Geoffrey Fieger is.

But I would not be surprised to see another candidate or two enter the race on the Democrat side, especially if a passionate and capable true moderate can be found. As things stand now, there is a huge gaping hole in the lineup just begging to be filled by just such a person. Nature abhors a vacuum, so this hole is likely to be filled. Maybe it will be filled by Delaney or Bullock, both of whom are already running. Or maybe someone else will throw their hat in the ring.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Harris is standing now on preprogrammed sound bites. She is horrible off the cuff.
I read Kass regularly.
Harris is running on the race card, the woman's card, "Identity politics," "Political correctness" and a virtual mountain of political vitriol, divisiveness and hatefulness. The people who eagerly support Kamala Harris will not be the same people who eagerly support Elizabeth Warren.

I only come across Kass's articles once in a while. But this one was the best article coming out of these debates that I have seen as far as summing up the key events and the implications of those going forward. He is really spot on here today.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,387,626 times
“Political vitriol, divisiveness and hatefulness.” Wonder who started that in 2016? Could it have been Donald Trump? Of course, it was, and continues to be, every single day. I’m not a fan of hers, but no way could Kamala Harris be as scummy as Trump.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
“Political vitriol, divisiveness and hatefulness.” Wonder who started that in 2016? Could it have been Donald Trump? Of course, it was, and continues to be, every single day. I’m not a fan of hers, but no way could Kamala Harris be as scummy as Trump.
We will see about that, I guess.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:28 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,498,257 times
I have mostly written off Sanders. That leaves Gabbard. She may as well shut up now about her military service, after three draft dodger presidents and a bunch of losing soldier candidates.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:52 AM

Biden 33, Sanders 19, Warren 12, Harris 12, Buttigieg 6, Booker 3

It appears that Biden's support is holding up, at least for now. But Harris is on the rise and Bernie Sanders support appears to be softening, as he is in a battle with Elizabeth Warren for the support of the hard left "Progressive" vote.

Of course these numbers will continue to move. It is hard to imagine Joe Biden sustaining anything close to this level of support through the primaries over the next year. He does not look like he has it in him.

I am going to keep saying this - There is a huge hole open for a true moderate candidate to supplant Joe Biden. It is hard to imagine that nobody moves in to fill this gap, although it is not at all clear who that might be at this point.
Post-Debate Special: The State of the Democratic Primary

Morning Consult surveyed 2,407 Democratic primary voters immediately following the first Democratic primary debate. The full results and methodology are available below. Read the analysis here.

On a daily basis, Morning Consult is surveying over 5,000 registered voters across the United States on the 2020 presidential election. Every Monday, we’ll update this page with the latest survey data, offering an in-depth guide to how the race for the Democratic nomination is shaping up.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:57 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Harris is running on the race card, the woman's card, "Identity politics," "Political correctness" and a virtual mountain of political vitriol, divisiveness and hatefulness. The people who eagerly support Kamala Harris will not be the same people who eagerly support Elizabeth Warren.

I only come across Kass's articles once in a while. But this one was the best article coming out of these debates that I have seen as far as summing up the key events and the implications of those going forward. He is really spot on here today.
Harris comes off as another angry career politician, whereas Warren seems sincere and has a grasp of policy. Harris is the type who will say or lay anything or anyone to get ahead, whereas Warren, with her decades of research and policy push on consumer issues, is much more about economic issues - which is right where the Democrats should be. They need to leave the identity politics at home if they want to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections