Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2019, 12:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times

Advertisements

Corey Booker, turning it on. Rosario Dawson has announced that she will now join Corey Booker on the campaign trail. Surely this will be what he needs to get things really moving in his campaign.

Quote:
Rosario Dawson to join Booker on campaign trail

Actress Rosario Dawson will join Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) on the campaign trail Thursday in Nevada.

Last month, Booker hinted at an engagement with Dawson in an appearance on RuPaul's talk show, when the host suggested Booker could be the "first unmarried president in a long, long time."

"Well first of all, the swearing in isn't until the 21st of January 2021. You never know what might happen between now and then," Booker said.

The couple have been dating since October, after meeting at a party for former Maryland gubernatorial candidate Ben Jealous (D), Booker said on RuPaul's show.
So they might be getting married, he implied. You never know! LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Who will be the biggest flip flopper in the Democrat nominating contest this year? It is hard to say because there are several big-time flip floppers to choose from. Without performing a particular analysis, before today I would have immediately mentioned Joe BIden and Kirsten Gillibrand as the probable leaders for this infamous crown. But I was just reminded of another contender, not to be overlooked.

Kamala Harris, at it again, with yet another flip flop, this time on school busing. Earlier this week, she was clearly supporting federally mandated school busing. Not anymore. As of today, she recommends that school districts "consider" mandatory busing.

From The Hill:

Quote:
Harris: Busing 'should be considered' by school districts

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) told reporters Wednesday that busing should be one method school districts consider to integrate de facto segregated schools, but suggested it may not need to be federally mandated, comments that come not long after her attack on former Vice President Joe Biden over the issue.

Harris during last week's Democratic debate in Miami launched an attack on Biden for voting against federally mandated busing. Biden said he supported busing as a decision left to local districts, but Harris suggested it's the federal government's job to make sure schools aren't segregated.

"That’s where the federal government must step in,” she said at the debate, in what turned out to be a breakout moment for the candidate.
I knew she would flip flop on this and I told you guys she was not committed to this issue, but to be honest, it never occurred to me that she would flip so fast. This is becoming a pattern with her, which makes her trustworthiness regarding statements made out on the campaign trail a real concern.

Her revised position is in fact remarkably similar to what Joe Biden's position is. So, this line of attack by her was just a method of stirring up racial resentment and divisiveness within the party, just like I told you guys.

She needs to be careful, because her tactics are maximum nasty and she is already well on the way to developing a reputation as someone who is unprincipled, angry and extraordinarily nasty. A lot of people are not going to want to support someone like that. Just saying.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:07 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

She needs to be careful, because her tactics are maximum nasty and she is already well on the way to developing a reputation as someone who is unprincipled, angry and extraordinarily nasty.
She is vile. Completely demonic, if you ask me.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:15 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
Quote:
Who will be the biggest flip flopper in the Democrat nominating contest this year? It is hard to say because there are several big-time flip floppers to choose from. Without performing a particular analysis, before today I would have immediately mentioned Joe BIden and Kirsten Gillibrand as the probable leaders for this infamous crown. But I was just reminded of another contender, not to be overlooked.

Kamala Harris, at it again, with yet another flip flop, this time on school busing. Earlier this week, she was clearly supporting federally mandated school busing. Not anymore. As of today, she recommends that school districts "consider" mandatory busing.

From The Hill:

I knew she would flip flop on this and I told you guys she was not committed to this issue, but to be honest, it never occurred to me that she would flip so fast. This is becoming a pattern with her, which makes her trustworthiness regarding statements made out on the campaign trail a real concern.

Her revised position is in fact remarkably similar to what Joe Biden's position is. So, this line of attack by her was just a method of stirring up racial resentment and divisiveness within the party, just like I told you guys.

She needs to be careful, because her tactics are maximum nasty and she is already well on the way to developing a reputation as someone who is unprincipled, angry and extraordinarily nasty. A lot of people are not going to want to support someone like that. Just saying.
I think her behavior made her look like a woman who is not very nice, and while it has scored her some temporary points, I think it shows what kind of person she is and will harm her in the long run.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:36 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,725,167 times
Quote:

From The Hill:

Anyone not named Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
She's definitely not angry, she's devious and conniving and had the thing with Biden planned well in advance. I don't like Kamala Harris and have never liked her. She was a District Attorney and then Attorney General, she was always one to stick her finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing. If she thought voters wanted her to be tough on crime, she was tough on crime. If she sensed that voters wanted someone more liberal she was more liberal. A number of things will come out about her, I don't think she will be able to overcome them when they do.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:57 AM

Now that Kamala Harris has walked back her position on school busing, Joe Biden is in a much better spot. The way that he is handling this here is going to make him look good and her look really bad.

Quote:
Biden laughs at Kamala Harris shift on busing: 'Our positions aren't any different'

He continued, "For example, this whole thing about race and busing. Well, I think if you take a look, our positions aren't any different as we're finding out."

"With Sen. Harris who says she sees it as a tool, not a must or all circumstance," Cuomo said.

"Yeah, well..." Biden responded before offering a chuckle and a grin, "look at my record."

The Democratic primary front-runner later said he knew he was going to be targeted on the debate stage, but that he "wasn't prepared" for the way Harris went after him.
Joe Biden is still ahead of second place Kamala Harris by 10.8 points in the RCP poll average. He may not be that strong, but it is still not clear who in this race is actually stronger.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,386,663 times
Wonder why all the Right Wing voters are on here trashing the Dem candidates. They will ONLY vote for Trump. They are simply trying to downgrade the Dems who are running. They are scared and that’s why they are being nasty.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Wonder why all the Right Wing voters are on here trashing the Dem candidates. They will ONLY vote for Trump. They are simply trying to downgrade the Dems who are running. They are scared and that’s why they are being super nasty.
Trying to shout down any criticism again, eh? LOL.

I would vote for someone other than Trump if there was a better alternative on the ballot. I do not give a rip about what party they are with. But the Democrats have gone completely off of the rails. They are racing each other to be the most far left candidate. Not just on one or two issues, but on nearly every issue.

None of these candidates appears to be a serious alternative to Trump for those voters who love our country, who value our constitution and the rule of law, and who believe in trying to run an effective and responsible government for the benefit first and foremost of our country and the CITIZENS of our country.

None of these Democrats offers anything like that. I wish they did. They really do appear to have lost their minds.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,386,663 times
Quote:
Trying to shout down any criticism again, eh? LOL.

I would vote for someone other than Trump if there was a better alternative on the ballot. I do not give a rip about what party they are with. But the Democrats have gone completely off of the rails. They are racing each other to be the most far left candidate. Not just on one or two issues, but on nearly every issue.

None of these candidates appears to be a serious alternative to Trump for those voters who love our country, who value our constitution and the rule of law, and who believe in trying to run an effective and responsible government for the benefit first and foremost of our country and the CITIZENS of our

None of these Democrats offers anything like that. I wish they did. They really do appear to have lost their minds.
You haven’t really checked out all the Dem candidates. Trump is a self-aggrandizer and only looking out for himself. He has you and millions of others tricked into believing the stuff he spews out.

When was the last time you voted for a Democrat for President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections