Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2019, 03:13 PM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
2.5 million on his parade, then 3 or 4 million for his golf weekend. He seems to be good at spending other peoples money.
I would bet he has created more wealth in this country AND the world than any other President in history. It's laughable you are complaining about his $2.5 million parade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You haven’t really checked out all the Dem candidates. Trump is a self-aggrandizer and only looking out for himself. He has you and millions of others tricked into believing the stuff he spews out.

When was the last time you voted for a Democrat for President?
I voted for BO in 2008. Not proud of it. He had me duped like many others. But I will never vote for another Democrat now that I have seen what they are capable of.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
According to the latest Emerson poll, there is a three way tie for second place. Meanwhile, Joe Biden has double the support of any of the second place candidates.

Emerson
: Biden 30, Harris 15, Sanders 15, Warren 15, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 4

Biden's numbers are still reflecting his superior name recognition. Perhaps others disagree, but I do not see him being able to maintain this kind of lead as we move through the Fall. Harris and Warren are looking strong here.

But Bernie should be in front of both of these two if he is going to have any real chance to win this thing. Being tied with Harris and Warren is a real show of weakness at this point for Bernie Sanders.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:17 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I voted for BO in 2008. Not proud of it. He had me duped like many others. But I will never vote for another Democrat now that I have seen what they are capable of.
I never say “never,” but I kind of feel like that about Republicans. It is shocking to me what Trump and Mitch McConnell, and the Senate are getting away with. Sad for our country.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I never say “never,” but I kind of feel like that about Republicans. It is shocking to me what Trump and Mitch McConnell, and the Senate are getting away with. Sad for our country.
I think that pretty much went without saying....

Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Quote:
I think that pretty much went without saying....
Can you be more specific? I am a radical Democrat and need some ammunition so please help. What in a negative sense are "Trump and Mitch McConnell, and the Senate are getting away with"?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:27 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
I heard a pundit say that the entry of Tom Steyr means that Gov. Jay Inslee's campaign is seen as 'dead man walking.' I imagine that's probably about right.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:33 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I heard a pundit say that the entry of Tom Steyr means that Gov. Jay Inslee's campaign is seen as 'dead man walking.' I imagine that's probably about right.
You're probably right. I like Inslee, but he's not making any headway.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Inslee is polling at under 1% and Steyr will very likely struggle to get as high as Inslee, in part because he has gotten in so late, and in part because he brings nothing really unique or important to the race which is not already represented by multiple other candidates. Both of these two, Steyr and Inslee, are wasting everyone's time with their campaigns.

What is especially amazing about Steyr's candidacy, if I am reading this right, is that he is likely mad because there is nobody in the race that is sufficiently hard left for his liking and who is also sufficiently inflamed about the possibility of impeaching President Trump as he thinks there should be.

If I am right, he will try to fill this supposed "void" on the outer edge of the far left and in properly sounding the TDS impeach Trump horn. Obviously, if that prediction proves to be correct, the guy is a full-on nut-job.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:45 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
The debates are somewhat easier to watch as downloaded videos, to skip past the bickering and shouting. I got through more than half of the first night. I noticed Amy Klobuchar when she said free community college. That is a reasonable step I can support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections