Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 AM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Can you be more specific? I am a radical Democrat and need some ammunition so please help. What in a negative sense are "Trump and Mitch McConnell, and the Senate are getting away with"?
My point wasn't that they were getting away with anything. My point was that that poster, who is a leftwing liberal, would obviously think that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 10:37 AM

35,265 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
The debates are somewhat easier to watch as downloaded videos, to skip past the bickering and shouting. I got through more than half of the first night. I noticed Amy Klobuchar when she said free community college. That is a reasonable step I can support.
The problem with the Democrats (in the nature of full disclosure I am a radical Democrat) is that they don't realize that nothing is free.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,105,789 times
Quote:
The problem with the Democrats (in the nature of full disclosure I am a radical Democrat) is that they don't realize that nothing is free.
You guys have not one candidate sane enough to beat Trump. How hateful the Dems. have become.

I really do believe (and hope) that Trump will be re-elected because of this.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:44 AM

35,265 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You guys have not one candidate sane enough to beat Trump. How hateful the Dems. have become.

I really do believe (and hope) that Trump will be re-elected because of this.
I tend to agree with you and may even vote for him. However, I will be with the SJW's bellowing my head off incoherently. When I get upset I become as incoherent as my posts.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I tend to agree with you and may even vote for him. .
Please do. I'm sure you, unlike most of the American lemmings, are smart enough to see through the anti-Trump Fake News that is shoveled daily....and you can see that Trump has done far more good than bad.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:30 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,390,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Please do. I'm sure you, unlike most of the American lemmings, are smart enough to see through the anti-Trump Fake News that is shoveled daily....and you can see that Trump has done far more good than bad.

Oh, brother! Talk about “Fake News.”

Old 07-12-2019, 02:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,390,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are not really paying attention to the spending. The rate of spending was higher under Obama than any other President.
Obama had to get the country out of the George W. Bush recession of 2007-2008. Don’t you remember that? Our home value went down $80,000 during that period, and also our portfolio declined. How quick you Repubs forget that.

Money had to be spent by the government to bring us back. Thankfully, Obama was able to do that. He is/was a smart guy who was able to get good advice, unlike the dumbbell Trump, who couldn’t get us out of a wet paper bag.

(BTW, I’m a moderate Independent, who had considered registering Republican until GWB came along.). There are some good Dems running. They are not getting much press, as the top 4 peeps in the polls are sucking up all the attention. 3 of those are far left wing progressives. None of them will be the nominee.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, brother! Talk about “Fake News.”
Most of American life is on the up. Unlike some of the nutcases who said Trump would crash America (Fake News), it didn't happen.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:07 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,308,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Obama had to get the country out of the George W. Bush recession of 2007-2008. Don’t you remember that? Our home value went down $80,000 during that period, and also our portfolio declined. How quick you Repubs forget that.

Money had to be spent by the government to bring us back. Thankfully, Obama was able to do that. He is/was a smart guy who was able to get good advice, unlike the dumbbell Trump, who couldn’t get us out of a wet paper bag.

(BTW, I’m a moderate Independent, who had considered registering Republican until GWB came along.). There are some good Dems running. They are not getting much press, as the top 4 peeps in the polls are sucking up all the attention. 3 of those are far left wing progressives. None of them will be the nominee.
I don’t see how the nominee is not Biden, Harris, Warren, Bernie at this stage. Buttgieg is also insanely far left so that’s a 5th person. If one of those other candidates won the nomination it would be a miracle

Old 07-16-2019, 11:26 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,542,641 times
Biden's support is going soft in New Hampshire. His lead is now three, which is within the margin of error.

NH (StAnselm): Biden 21, Harris 18, Warren 17, Buttigieg 12, Sanders 10, Yang 5

If all of the early races are this close, this contest could drag on for quite a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections