Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 09:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Are you a homophobe?
Not at all. I just think Trump is a slime ball. He fools around on Melania. Can a threesome with some guy be far behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Mental health is a big issue for many Americans, and that's all I have to say about that, for now.
Time for your appointment with the doctor?

Old 08-05-2019, 12:27 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Time for your appointment with the doctor?
I maybe a little crazy, but I'm not a wack job, but don't worry, I won't press the mommy button.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
The Democrats are using the shootings this weekend to fundraise off of. Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Democrats Are Fundraising Off of El Paso, Dayton Shootings

Democrats are blaming President Trump's rhetoric for influencing the El Paso shooter and the anti-immigrant manifesto he penned before Saturday's massacre. But they seem to have no issue trying to fundraise off of the tragedy, as well as Sunday morning's mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said she's "heartbroken" about the shootings, which left 31 people dead, then asked for money for Sens. Doug Jones (D-AL) and Tina Smith (D-MN) in their respective Senate campaigns.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) asked supporters to split contributions between former Rep. Gabby Giffords's (D-AZ) PAC, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Giffords was injured in a mass shooting in Tucson in 2011.

And the DNC itself sent out a fundraising email, signed by Giffords with an urgent message that they "can't afford" to wait another day to pass gun control measures.

{More at the link}
And of course they are pushing hard for what are ultimately gun confiscation plans, with no respect for our constitution or the second amendment. Business as usual. All politics, all the time.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:26 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Beto’s home town is El Paso, TX. His wife, kids and family and friends are there. Are you so cold that you deny his being with them at this extremely sad time for their town?
Nope. He can be in town. Just doesn't need to be in front of the cameras. See the difference?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Nope. He can be in town. Just doesn't need to be in front of the cameras. See the difference?

He's a current presidential candidate that lives in El Paso and a former US Representative for the district which includes El Paso. Being in front of the camera is expected in this situation. If he wasn't in front of the camera, it would be questionable as to why he is hiding.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:41 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What difference? Beto is an extremely liked, well-known community leader. As a lifelong resident of El Paso, he both deserves and is compelled to be a figurehead of the city's grief.

It is mighty cold of you to think otherwise. If it was your town that was suffering, I don't believe you would be so hard-hearted. I hope I'm not wrong about that.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:46 PM

Corey Booker just doesn't seem to have "it". Despite what was widely regarded as a strong debate performance last week, his poll numbers really have not moved very much.

Quote:
Booker’s strong debate performance shows no signs of moving voters

Sen. Cory Booker’s performance in last week’s second Democratic presidential primary debate drew praise in the media and played well with an Iowa focus group. But so far, post-debate polls have not shown any significant movement for the New Jersey Democrat, either nationally or in one early primary state.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday afternoon put Booker’s support nationally among Democratic primary voters at 2 percent, a statistically insignificant 1 percent increase from a pre-debate Quinnipiac poll released in late July.

At the same time, Booker’s criticisms of former Vice President Joe Biden for boasting of how he was able to work with segregationist senators been detrimental to the former vice president. Biden remains the front-runner for the nomination with 32 percent support, according to the latest Quinnipiac poll, down just 2 points from late July.
Well, it still makes sense for him to run, as long as he can stay in it. Who knows, maybe in 15-20 years, he will develop into a more credible candidate. In any case, this experience raises his profile in the Senate and with New Jersey voters, and it is surely worthwhile exercise for him to continue.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:46 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What difference? Beto is an extremely liked, well-known community leader. As a lifelong resident of El Paso, he both deserves and is compelled to be a figurehead of the city's grief.

It is mighty cold of you to think otherwise. If it was your town that was suffering, I don't believe you would be so hard-hearted. I hope I'm not wrong about that.
Oh, well in MY town, there were over 50 shootings this weekend, two of them classified as mass and the media is ignoring it because it doesn't fit the anti Trump, anti gun narrative. Yes, that's Chicago. Where's the fake outrage over that?

Old 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM

The latest Quinnipiac poll is starting to show some clear separation between the top four candidates:

Quinnipiac: Biden 32, Warren 21, Sanders 14, Harris 7, Buttigieg 5 | More

However, the RCP Poll average shows Sanders and Warren in a tight race for second and third:

RCP Poll Average: Biden 31.0, Sanders 15.8, Warren 15.5, Harris 8.3, Buttigieg 5.5

In the average, Joe Biden is still leading Sanders and Warren by almost 2-1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections