Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 08:17 AM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times

Advertisements

Kamala is no friend to Americans.. no democrat is... they don't give a damn about the families that are affected by the shut down. The radical left will do anything , hurt any AMerican to pamper the illegals that are invading our country. This is truth and the democrats supporting them know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 08:19 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Rumors that Clinton's people are working overtime to "manufacture" an acceptable national image for her. Watch for her to distance herself from the illegals, pussyhats, antifa, & anything having to do with Schumer & Pelosi. Her biggest problem, she doesn't have an ex-President as a husband. But it's one piece of the puzzle.

The other piece of course is when they bring in the White Obama, Beta.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:19 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,075,698 times
I can see Michael Dukakis redux. The hair will look magnificent stuffed in the tank helmet.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:42 AM

78,567 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Warren has an exploratory committee at this point.

Gillibrand is in, too. I can’t remember if she just has a committee or if she’s in. Same with Gabbard.

In addition, Biden and Bernie need to sit out. Neither has announced, but, I really wish they’d see their time has passed. It’s beyond time for new blood.

My personal ideal team is Beto/Harris. (Beto, we are waiting on you! )

ETA: Warren is way too soft, IMHO. She’s probably pretty low on my comprehensive list. (Having said that, I will cast my vote for whichever democrat gets the nom.)
You probably missed the last CNN piece on Beto calling him out for his "white male privledge adventure".

Basically, the Harris, Warren, Gillibrand etc. supporters are going to make absolutely certain that you get to know just how white and male Beto is over the next 2 years....and why his supporters are racists that don't want women to have power. (It may sound like I'm joking, everyone knows however there is a lot of truth to that.)

Poisoning the well so to speak with identity politics however leaves lasting damage. HIllary for example never fully recovered with Black voters after the bare knuckle primary of 2008 where her campaign and her supporters were labeled as racists. That may have been the tiny margin that would have been enough to beat the orange idiot, hard to say.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:43 AM

24,547 posts, read 17,297,674 times
UGH Kamala Harris.... What is it with the Dems that are coming out of FAR Left field? Isn't there anyone that is closer to the Center that the majority of people can actually agree with?

It will not be good for America if one of these Far Left Progressives wins the election.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,735,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You probably missed the last CNN piece on Beto calling him out for his "white male privledge adventure".

Basically, the Harris, Warren, Gillibrand etc. supporters are going to make absolutely certain that you get to know just how white and male Beto is over the next 2 years....and why his supporters are racists that don't want women to have power. (It may sound like I'm joking, everyone knows however there is a lot of truth to that.)

Poisoning the well so to speak with identity politics however leaves lasting damage. HIllary for example never fully recovered with Black voters after the bare knuckle primary of 2008 where her campaign and her supporters were labeled as racists. That may have been the tiny margin that would have been enough to beat the orange idiot, hard to say.
Unfortunately, this is the truth.

Democrats will just keep eating their own in pursuit of some ideal that doesn’t exist.

I don’t want “ordained” candidates and I also don’t want to dismiss possibilities just because of who/what is currently supposed to in vogue.

Some of what I’ve read about Harris’ time as a prosecutor raises red flags for me, but I have to do a great deal more research to determine if what I’ve read has been presented objectively.

At this point, all I know for sure is that everyone has skeletons somewhere and they will be exploited for all they are worth.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,298,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Unfortunately, this is the truth.

Democrats will just keep eating their own in pursuit of some ideal that doesn’t exist.

I don’t want “ordained” candidates and I also don’t want to dismiss possibilities just because of who/what is currently supposed to in vogue.

Some of what I’ve read about Harris’ time as a prosecutor raises red flags for me, but I have to do a great deal more research to determine if what I’ve read has been presented objectively.

At this point, all I know for sure is that everyone has skeletons somewhere and they will be exploited for all they are worth.
I agree completely! I don’t understand how there are still democrats who say they will not vote for the dem candidate if they don’t meet whatever ideal.

I mean, have we learned nothing from this current poop show??

Dems, you are not going to get the perfect person/candidate. Regardless, you have to vote and vote smart. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m completely disgusted by what I’ve seen from the GOP these past few years. I will vote for whatever democrat is on the ballot. We are in an emergency situation here. Please don’t be naive, people.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
What matters is where Harris stands on the issues; does she care about what I care about; and will she fight for same.

Everything else is just noise.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 8 days ago)

52,716 posts, read 48,027,377 times
Kamala Harris is just another far-left loon who isn't going to care about you or anyone else. After all, she refused to listen to some Angel moms who recently lost their children who had been murdered by illegal aliens.

It won't matter which ignorant, delusional Democrat gets nominated; that candidate will still lose to Trump next year.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:17 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
I saw her on Colbert talking about the 'nobility' of public service. I'd like to hear her or any other member of Congress explain the 'nobility' of sitting and collecting your paycheck while so many aren't getting theirs because of the failure of Congress to deal with an issue they knew was coming for a long time and failed to 'head off at the pass' so to speak. The approach of every government shutdown in history has been well known in advance and those in power (both in the White House and Congress) at the time have failed the American people in letting them occur.

Politicians are politicians are politicians, and the country's the worse off for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections