Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Those of you calling Kamala "progressive" and "far left" are clearly unfamiliar with her record. Some of you know nothing outside of the superficial: what someone looks like and the party they're affiliated with. Conservatives/Republicans play "identity politics" better than the Democrats.
Lol, right? All I've been hearing from Dems is that 'she's a cop,' and not liberal enough for the left, but the right has her pegged as progressive and far to the left.

I am going to approach this election, still 2 years away, as being open to everyone who can spell and put a sentence together. I don't care if they are a republican or democrat, or on a different point of the Dem spectrum, or independent. I am going to listen to them all.

We now have a clear picture of what an inept person and dangerously ignorant president looks like. Many many people will look better to many voters, than what we've got now. It is based on the same principle at work in Dubya and Mitt's new-found popularity. They look at the very least, sane and able to read a briefing, compared to Trump who acts like a dolt, has to be babied and force fed drawings to understand a briefing.

Everyone will look good next to the guy who will be threatened, paranoid and tweeting like a lunatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 02:58 PM

23,745 posts, read 17,418,314 times
She condemned the knight of Columbus

"10 days ago · One way to understand the Democratic opposition to the judicial nomination of Brian Buescher over his membership in the Catholic group the Knights of Columbus is as a test run in preventing their ..."

All you need to know about bigoted Harris.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:33 PM

9,483 posts, read 14,447,108 times
Quote:
The Democrats think that because Obama won, they can run every "minority" candidate using the same strategy. WRONG. Obama did not win because he was black. Obama won [i]because people ...
... recognized that he was a highly skilled politician who convinced a lot of people to vote for him.

Quote:
He just happened to be black.
But was he really black? Seriously, was he really black? Because I, for one, never bought that optical illusion.

Quote:
It's like the Dem strategy is, "Well, since a black man won...ANYONE can win!" That is racist in and of itself. Dems' strategy under Obama is now going to cause them to lose. YOU DIDN'T SHOOT YOUR SHOT DEMS. YOU DID NOTHING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE YOU OBAMA'S WIN. THOSE PEOPLE SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE AND WILL NOT FALL FOR IT AGAIN.

I don't know how many ways I can say it. Dems are stupid and deserve to lose if they keep this up.
Agreed.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM

4,632 posts, read 3,498,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I am going to approach this election, still 2 years away, as being open to everyone who can spell and put a sentence together. I don't care if they are a republican or democrat, or on a different point of the Dem spectrum, or independent. I am going to listen to them all.
So true! And I think this is the "good" that will come from the Obama/Trump years. We will get rid of the wingnuts on both sides of the aisle and people will pay closer attention to the issues and not party/race. At least that is my hope.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:03 PM

7,832 posts, read 11,856,917 times
I would be voting for Trump in 2020 even though I dislike the man.. however it's my obligation to do my part to stop crazy radical nutjobs like Kamala Harris and Warren!!

Old 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM

24,977 posts, read 9,718,668 times
Harris is black prosecutor married to a white man, liberals are going to rip her apart.

I don't think they hate anything more than prosecutors who marries outside their race. Be ready to hear the insults of "uncle tom" and "race traitor" many times.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:45 PM

79,220 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
True, according to a recent PBS/Marist poll, only 30% would vote for Trump again vs 57% who won't. That doesn't bode well for Trump since it signals that even those who approve of him now are unlikely to vote for him.

I also heard that the chance of Trump running for re-elections is decreasing everyday. Recent actions speaks louder than words - Trump allowing the gov't to be shut down this long indicates he doesn't care about his electibiltiy and his SOS, Pompeo's, considering of a Senate run in 2020. The position of SOS is 4th in the line of succession for POTUS, why give that up to be a Senator unless you know your time as SOS is about to end?

The only reason Trump would run is to avoid getting locked up once he leaves office and becomes just another citizen but I would hope the GOP can do something about that. Losing the House is one thing, but the GOP risk losing both the Senate and WH if they continue to support the buffoon for POTUS.
1) I've been mentioning that if 2020 looks bleak for Trump he will choose not to run, declare victory and a yuge success etc. I'm ok with that, either way he'd be gone.

2) He's not going to get locked up. It sets a precedent and well, nobody wants to cross that line imo because next time it might be their party. Most would be happy just to have the crime come out and have him leave in disgrace.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:49 PM

79,220 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Bernie looks, moves, and speaks like he is much older than trump, but he is only 5 years older than trump. they are both old.

If going for style, Beto is the man. He has charisma and the "look" of the young democrat, but he is all fluff. Kamala, on the other hand, is not going to appeal to voters outside of the coasts. she is too progressive for middle America.
Here is that recent CNN article trashing Beto.

Please note, this was NOT an opinion piece. There is a dedicated core to the democratic party right now that is absolutely fixated on putting someone in the WH that is female and preferably of color with bonus points for being gay etc.

Read the article, these are the same people that had Bernie pilloried as a racist woman hater in the primaries. Pretty dispicable actions if you ask me and not aimed at policy but rather what junk you have in your pants.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/polit...020/index.html

Old 01-21-2019, 05:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,272,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Let’s go!
Embrace the suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I saw her on Colbert talking about the 'nobility' of public service.
"Nobility of service" is define solely in terms of the Legend of Cincinnatus.

Cincinnatus, or more properly Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus, was in public service, but left. Later in a time of crisis, he was called upon to save the Roman State. He assumed leadership of Rome and led the army against an invading force, and once he had finished, he voluntarily relinquished control and went back to farming.

I don't expect Senators or Representatives to lead US armies in battles, but if they were half as noble as they have deluded themselves to be, they'd voluntarily retire from public service, and not because of old age.

The US would benefit tremendously from a constitutional amendment banning pensions for both Presidents and members of Congress, as well as any benefits of any kind and which also limited their annual pay to the maximum established by the Social Security Administration in the annual Wage Index.

That would remove the incentive to stay in Congress until they died or retired due to old age.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:32 PM

68,409 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I was curious and looked up the ages of both.

Bernie Sanders is 77, turning 78 in September of 2019.

Donald Trump is 72, turning 73 in June of this year.

Donald Trump acts 20 years younger than his real age, and has an incredible amount of energy it seems.

However, Bernie seems to have the energy of someone in their mid-70s, and I'm not sure he would have the stamina to be President at this point in his life.

I'd say he acts 60+ years younger than his real age, like a spoiled 6 year old brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections