Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:39 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,300,452 times

Advertisements

Let’s go!

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-co...ry?id=60472358

Quote:
"I love my country. I love my country," she said. "This is a moment in time when I feel a sense of responsibility to stand up and fight.

The bid for the presidency puts Harris in a position -- if she could emerge from the Democratic field and then beat Trump -- to become the first woman and woman of color to ascend to the nation's highest office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 06:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,326,157 times
Much like that song from back in the day.. 'Bust A Move" by Young MC -- one of the lines was, "there's one more girl you won't be gettin'"..... Here's one more person I won't be voting for.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,425,074 times
Kamala has an unlikeability factor, just like warren and hillary. Harris is also very far left on most issues, way further than middle America would embrace. I don't see her making it to the nomination.

so far, castro, warren, and harris have announced they are definitely running. anyone else?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Kamala has an unlikeability factor, just like warren and hillary. Harris is also very far left on most issues, way further than middle America would embrace. I don't see her making it to the nomination.

so far, castro, warren, and harris have announced they are definitely running. anyone else?
Warren has an exploratory committee at this point.

Gillibrand is in, too. I can’t remember if she just has a committee or if she’s in. Same with Gabbard.

In addition, Biden and Bernie need to sit out. Neither has announced, but, I really wish they’d see their time has passed. It’s beyond time for new blood.

My personal ideal team is Beto/Harris. (Beto, we are waiting on you! )

ETA: Warren is way too soft, IMHO. She’s probably pretty low on my comprehensive list. (Having said that, I will cast my vote for whichever democrat gets the nom.)

Old 01-21-2019, 07:04 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,425,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Warren has an exploratory committee at this point.

Gillibrand is in, too. I can’t remember if she just has a committee or if she’s in.

In addition, Biden and Bernie need to sit out. Neither has announced, but, I really wish they’d see their time has passed. It’s beyond time for new blood.

My person ideal team is Beto/Harris. (Beto, we are waiting on you! )

ETA: Warren is way too soft, IMHO. She’s probably pretty low on my comprehensive list. (Having said that, I will cast my vote for whichever democrat gets the nom.)
I think Bernie is the only one who might beat trump, he appeals to the rust belt voters, but the press is certainly trying to get him not to run.

beto has style, but no substance or voting record, therefore he has a shot at the nomination. beto's your man if ya like skateboard riding, charismatic candidates who marry multi-millionaire's daughters and have experience as a state representative.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:04 AM

8,885 posts, read 4,604,758 times
Quote:

Tulsi Gabbard - HI

Old 01-21-2019, 07:18 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,307,268 times
Quote:

It's kind of a double edged sword. As a woman you can't be too nice because then you won't be viewed as tough enough to do do the job, yet can't act tough either because then you come off as unlikeable. I know the underlying implication is that chicks just shouldn't run, but hey.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
It's kind of a double edged sword. As a woman you can't be too nice because then you won't be viewed as tough enough to do do the job, yet can't act tough either because then you come off as unlikeable. I know the underlying implication is that chicks just shouldn't run, but hey.
That is a thing, for sure.

What makes someone think Harris is unlikeable?

Personally, I think Warren is soft because she got that DNA test, which gave credence to Individual 1’s childish insults. She should’ve ignored it all and stayed above the fray. She really turned me off with that entire display.

Back to Kamala Harris: I think she is very likeabale (whatever that matters), and I love her sincerity. Also, she’s super smart! Beto gives me the same feels.

Beto/Harris or Harris/Beto 2020

Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 AM

17,738 posts, read 6,983,323 times
Hope she gets the nomination because she has zero chance of winning a national election.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
She states, "I love my country. I love my country," and yet is willing to hand it over to ILLEGAL aliens???

She blew it with that ludicrous statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections