Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:01 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,326,806 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, you must have missed the memo. Only Polls that show Trump in the lead count, everything else is fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 11:39 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,326,891 times
The title of this thread is misleading.

The poll found that Trump trailed every single Democrat that they tested against him.

He probably would have trailed against “anyone else” if that had been a choice.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:44 AM

24,729 posts, read 17,469,691 times
Of course they are going to tell us that Trump is trailing, that is their job to denounce him.

I think we all know that we cannot trust a poll.

Here are the results from my one man poll.

I haven't seen a single Democrat wanna be that is worthy of my vote since they are all so far Left to the point of lunacy.

No thanks. Trump might not be the best but at least he is working towards Making America Great Again and not turning it into a third world country where it's inhabitants are dependent on Big Gov. for everything.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM

29,235 posts, read 22,506,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
From the article

The bolded part is all I needed to read to see where they got these poll numbers from. Easy to counter,lets get a poll from a right-leaning outlet and I'll bet it cancels out your left one!
Public Policy Polling developed the same automated questionnaire that Rasmussen and Survey USA use. All 3 are still using the same questionnaire and interactive robots.

PPP was started by a liberal, and in 2012, was the most accurate of them all, but leaned slightly more Republican by September than other polling companies in 2016, according to statistician Nate Silver.

PPP only gets a B+ rating on The 528 though, because it missed the mark in N.Carolina and Ohio in 2016 by quite a ways.

Statistics don't lie. Interpreting statistics is the tricky part, especially in Presidential elections, when more voters turn out than in any others.

There is one statistic that has always proven true. If Trump doesn't get his approval rating up to 45% well before Nov. 2020, he's toast.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:58 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,859,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wow, I have the opposite conclusion. I think Trump's ONLY strength is he is EXCELLENT at messaging -- and I say that as a liberal.

Despite Trump's sheltered upbringing and upper crust lifestyle, Trump has this uncanny knack and intuition for knowing exactly the right words, the right phrases, to connect and resonate with blue collar and middle class conservatives. Trump doesn't associate with Average Joe who works at the muffler shop -- but somehow Trump knows exactly what to say so Joe nods his head in approval and says, "I agree with Trump."

While Trump's messaging to his base is excellent unfortunately for him his base is not big enough to get him reelected.
I agree with this. Trump is a master at manipulating his base, keeping them energized and unquestionably loyal.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:28 PM

230 posts, read 95,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is hilarious. He's even behind the dems that the Trump fans are constantly ridiculing!

And since somebody is bound to bring it up, I remind them that the polls overall did pretty well in 2018.

Poll: Trump trails several possible 2020 Dem opponents
Over sampled women and democrats AND 1 age group. Not shocking. The media's job is to lie and they don't even hide it anymore. Just more leftist propaganda.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:44 PM

20,966 posts, read 9,671,417 times
See post #5.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:52 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,145,451 times
The polls had Clinton beating him too. If you read the wikileaks, you would know that news outlets rig their samples.

We are going to go ahead and have the election anyway.

By the way, Trump's numbers are going to legitimately suffer until about a month after the end of the shutdown. Then other news stories will shape the narrative. With no recession in sight and the coming Mueller report being pretty much already acknowledged by news sources to be a dud, I think Trump can get to 48% or so, which will be enough to beat whatever communist de jour the Dems nominate.

But there is a lot of time on the clock, so let's take a deep breath here.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:59 PM

1,334 posts, read 3,003,104 times
I'm calling BS.....

Just like last time around...people may not admit they are going to vote for trump but when they get in the booth it's a different story.

Can't trust polls

Old 01-27-2019, 04:18 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,326,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I'm calling BS.....

Just like last time around...people may not admit they are going to vote for trump but when they get in the booth it's a different story.

Can't trust polls

Maybe we'll manage an electoral process with less interference by an adversarial foreign nation. Because while we are just finding out just how deep the ties were between the Trump campaign and Russia, every US intelligence agency has confirmed Russian interference in 2016.

So yeah, maybe it will be a different story and the results will be about what Americans want, and not what Vladimir Putin and the Russians want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections