Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 04:49 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,152,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Maybe we'll manage an electoral process with less interference by an adversarial foreign nation. Because while we are just finding out just how deep the ties were between the Trump campaign and Russia, every US intelligence agency has confirmed Russian interference in 2016.

So yeah, maybe it will be a different story and the results will be about what Americans want, and not what Vladimir Putin and the Russians want
The "interferance" they are citing is along the lines of buying facebook ads. NO ONE is citing anything of any seriousness, and by those standards, you can probably claim that multiple countries have interfered in every election. You have been duped. Please research it with a clear mind and discover the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 04:58 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,005,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Maybe we'll manage an electoral process with less interference by an adversarial foreign nation. Because while we are just finding out just how deep the ties were between the Trump campaign and Russia, every US intelligence agency has confirmed Russian interference in 2016.

So yeah, maybe it will be a different story and the results will be about what Americans want, and not what Vladimir Putin and the Russians want

OK thanks, always good to have input from the tin foil hat folks.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I do stand by my point, there are many people out there that you and I both know that say they are not voting for Trump out of fear of being labeled a racist. But when they get to the booth the vote Trump.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,596,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ben Carson?

Last I heard, he was still asleep under his desk--like George Costanza.

But, I do believe he has sent a group on a fact-finding mission regarding storage of military arms in the Pyramids that used to be used to store grain.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:01 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,462,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
the only reason his approval isn't in the 50's or 60's is because of his personality
Oh, you mean the disgusting and unpresidential things that come out of his mouth on a daily basis?

Yeah I wonder why that's a turnoff.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:02 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,358,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
OK thanks, always good to have input from the tin foil hat folks.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I do stand by my point, there are many people out there that you and I both know that say they are not voting for Trump out of fear of being labeled a racist. But when they get to the booth the vote Trump.
Ah, good to know that we should add these to the list of tin foil hat folks

Quote:
The federal and congressional intelligence and national security groups that have stated that Russia interfered in the election:

1. Central Intelligence Agency

2. Office of the Director of National Intelligence

3. F.B.I.

4. National Security Agency

5. Justice Department

6. Department of Homeland Security

7. House Intelligence Committee

8. Senate Intelligence Committee
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-comments.html

Old 01-27-2019, 06:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump got the benefit of the doubt in 2016. He’s won’t get that in 2020. He’s a known entity now, and only supported by the same 40% of the electorate he’s always had.

To win re-election, Trump probably has to have the anti-Trump vote split by a significant third party race.

wishful thinking......a poll 2 years before an election? LOL

the fact is Trump is being constant attacked and in the media but he holds his support steady like 2016......the big Democrat primary hasn't started and when they start attacking each other with negative ads in a long primary with the corporate democrats vs the progressives of the party that will last until July/2020 those numbers will come down by a lot . Get the popcorn ready.

back in 2014 the polls said Jeb Bush would win the GOP nomination easily and reality was that he didn't even come 3rd place in the first 3 contests and dropped out quick.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:07 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
wishful thinking......a poll 2 years before an election? LOL

the fact is Trump is being constant attacked and in the media but he holds his support steady like 2016......the big Democrat primary hasn't started and when they start attacking each other with negative ads in a long primary with the corporate democrats vs the progressives of the party that will last until July/2020 those numbers will come down by a lot . Get the popcorn ready.

back in 2014 the polls said Jeb Bush would win the GOP nomination easily and reality was that he didn't even come 3rd place in the first 3 contests and dropped out quick.
Unfortunately, Trump might get the third party candidate he needs if Starbucks Man runs a third party race. He’s definitely needs someone to siphon off 5% to 10% of the non-Trump vote. Reagan was about the only President since the era of Presidential Polling began to increase his approval significantly in the last 2 years of his first term. Reagan had to deal with a recession. Trump has a great economy and yet has never touched 50% in his first 2 years.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 01-27-2019 at 07:22 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 12:49 AM

29,250 posts, read 22,547,950 times
Trump's looking back at his 40% ratings with great fondness, now that his ratings are down to 34%, the lowest ever in the history of polls.

He's got his work cut out for him with his messaging skills. If he doesn't get his favorability up to 50%, he won't win in 2020. No one ever has will polls this low this late in the day.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:41 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,918,758 times
Latest polls show Hillary win

Old 01-29-2019, 07:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Got to hand it to the poor desperate Democrats. Pollsters had them so thoroughly convinced that Trump had no chance of winning, they were all knocked on their ass when he did. And some of us here said why here the entire time. Yet they decide to do it again.

Now, because they have nothing but various "memes" running again this time, yet again the are taking in the nonsense from the pollsters just like they still believe the MSM without thought or question.

And after election day in Nov 2020, we will be laughing at them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections