Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:31 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,414,183 times

Advertisements

Trump would love it, but Hillary isn't ever going to run again for President.

No nominee from either party who was trounced so badly has ever been allowed to try again. A defeat such as hers always shatters the party machinery that made her the nominee.

She wasn't all that popular to begin with, and after 8 years of Democratic leadership, the odds of any Democrat winning were long right from the first. Clinton was the only candidate who raised enough money to run a hard campaign, and she had the DNC behind her because the Clintons had tilled them for years until they had a party leadership that would fall in behind her.

Not now. All that's gone for good. And it's not coming back. 2016 was Hillary's last shot. She knows it, the party knows it, and all the Democratic voters know it.

It's too soon for me to know who will run and who stands the best chance of the nomination, but one thing is so sure I'll take it to the bank.

Hillary Clinton will not be on any ballots in 2020. Even if Trump funds her campaign for her.

A question for all the conservatives who still have doubts about this:

Would you vote for George W. Bush again if he was the Republican nominee?

That's how it is with Hillary and the Democrats.

if Hillary is making noise right now, it's only smoke and mirrors to mess with conservative heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:48 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,270 times
Give us a break Hillary could be the nominee if the polls started showing she has the best chance to beat Trump. And of all of you new anti Hillary but voted her for the last time will vote for her this time too. It is like clock work, the country breaks up into 2 teams and vote for any scum the parties throws at them. And of course the new anti Hillary posters will again tell us how she is the most qualified candidate in history after they flip flop and become pro Hillary again.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:54 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,806,930 times
She was unable to stand up to Trump last time.

Has she been in the mental gym?

Did she gain a backbone?

Is she physically strong enough to not stumble and have negative press say she is suffering some sort of stroke?

Old 01-28-2019, 12:16 AM
JRR

8,172 posts, read 5,681,763 times
My only hope, if some stroke of fate would make her the Democrat's nominee, would be that the Republicans would run someone other than Trump that I could vote for. My worst nightmare would be a rerun of the 2016 general election and my having to vote for Clinton again over Trump. I would like for her to quietly just fade away.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,313,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The thing I'm just flabbergasted over is, is she really so egotistical and stupid to even think about maybe running again? Does she live in such a bubble that she's so completely oblivious about all the negatives she has? It doesn't even matter whether she thinks those negatives are deserved, you'd have to live under a rock to not realize they exist, and are a big factor that will drag her down.

If she's really that stupid she would deserve to lose again, if she ever got the nomination. I would hope the voters in the primaries wouldn't be dumb enough to give her another chance.
The answer to your first sentence is yes.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:06 AM

5,286 posts, read 6,226,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump would love it, but Hillary isn't ever going to run again for President.

No nominee from either party who was trounced so badly has ever been allowed to try again. A defeat such as hers always shatters the party machinery that made her the nominee.

She wasn't all that popular to begin with, and after 8 years of Democratic leadership, the odds of any Democrat winning were long right from the first. Clinton was the only candidate who raised enough money to run a hard campaign, and she had the DNC behind her because the Clintons had tilled them for years until they had a party leadership that would fall in behind her.
This is not accurate. Clinton won the popular vote. Nixon lost the popular vote to Kennedy and still came back to win in 1968.

Also Clinton had a lot of problems with fundraising in 2016. She never caught on with the small donor community who had shot Obama's fundraising numbers through the roof and have given O'Rourke and similar candidates a boost in recent years. Many of the large donors sat on the sidelines because they thought Clinton was not open to their support/advice/brands of advocacy since she already had so many donors in place. This is why she kept hiking to NY, Boston, LA, Chicago and San Francisco. Not a single one was a decent campaign stop but she needed to put in an appearance to fundraise.

With that said- oh heck no!!! I cannot believe that she and the people around her are this oblivious. Just because people are souring on Trump does not mean anyone found a sudden love fro Hillary. Personal interaction has lead me to believe at least 10% of Trump voters were truly anti-Hillary. And I know Dems and liberals who sat it out rather than vote for her. That will not change in 2020.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:10 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,578,434 times
She should take the many hints she has been given and enjoy retirement. Her time as a candidate is over.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:44 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,337,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nobody wants to hear anymore from her at this point.

I disagree. Hillary would easily win the 2020 Democratic nomination! Hillary's main opponent would be Vladimir Putin NOT Trump!

Old 01-28-2019, 12:01 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
The thing I'm just flabbergasted over is, is she really so egotistical and stupid to even think about maybe running again? Does she live in such a bubble that she's so completely oblivious about all the negatives she has? It doesn't even matter whether she thinks those negatives are deserved, you'd have to live under a rock to not realize they exist, and are a big factor that will drag her down.

If she's really that stupid she would deserve to lose again, if she ever got the nomination. I would hope the voters in the primaries wouldn't be dumb enough to give her another chance.
Hillary has wanted to be President for at least close to 30 years, and probably longer than that. That kind of longing can't be easy to give up on.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:32 PM

21,957 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Quote:

Agree 100%. I keep trying to think of how she thinks she could win. And the only thing I keep coming up with is that she knows something that we don't....like she has nude photos of someone or she has a huge army of minions who will support her dirty dealings. I think the stunt she pulled in 2016 with the dossier and the FISA warrants would have sunk any other GOPer but Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections