Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 11:06 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,393,667 times

Advertisements

I guess the Russians have something on Schultz /sarc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 11:08 AM

23,610 posts, read 17,297,165 times
Schultz is living in a bubble. His ego got the best of him, his dominance in the board room does not extend outside the boardroom.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,582,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
If Trump can win due to an independent running doesn't that say more about the Dems than Trump?

The dems desperately need to move back towards sanity.

They couldn't beat Donald tap dancing Trump and they might not beat him again!

When do they look in the mirror and realize that their platform is broken?
The party that elected Trump to be their leader - out of 16 other viable candidates- probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on 'sanity'.

Anyone running as in Independent could split the vote - could help split the Republican vote too as this billionaire portrays himself as a 'centrist' and doesn't identify with the Democratic party.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:17 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,673,775 times
Last I heard, this was a free country and anyone who is qualified can stand for President.

Good for Schultz for standing as an independent. If his views resonate with mine I will vote for him rather than the current incumbent in the white house or any of the 100+ running for the democratic nomination.

I don't care if he splits the democratic or republican votes.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:31 AM

134 posts, read 114,124 times
I was just watching Wasserman-Schultz of FL on CNN badmouthing Schultz as another billionaire and that "we have seen this movie before with Trump". The Democrats are really going after Schultz. I hope he enters the race and stays with it. And I guess Wasserman-Schultz has spent enough time hiding under a rock for her role in the 2016 fiasco, and is now having a rebirth. I dislike her almost as much as I dislike Clinton. And Wasserman-Schultz again pushed the idea that it is a given any vote for an independent candidate takes away from a Democratic candidate.

Last edited by CortezC; 01-30-2019 at 11:44 AM..

Old 01-30-2019, 11:34 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,744,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Former Starbuck's CEO Howard Shultz, a long-time Democrat, is now considering a run at the White House as an Independent.
Shultz recently announced he was leaving the Democratic party. His fortune is estimated at around $3 Billion, about the size of Trump's in 2016, so Shultz could self-fund his campaign if he wants to.

Shultz believes the national deficit- now around $21.5 Trillion- is so large that if steps aren't taken, it will sink our economy, and he believes both parties are too irresponsible to ever address it now.

He also believes that if the deficit isn't under control, universal health care could ruin the economy. But if the deficit was addressed, the health care for all could actually save money for the nation.

Shultz' company has given him a lot of experience in looking at some of America's most nagging problems that are plaguing our retail sector.

He's had to deal with those problems too, and during his reign at Starbuck's, the company he founded when he was as poor as a church mouse, has grown Starbuck's from one coffee shop to an international business that's now found all over the planet.

If he is serious, he could throw a big monkey wrench into the 2020 election, and from what I've seen of him, I think it's possible he does have a chance of become the first Independent President ever.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b06ba6d3be4904

F this guy. I find it so obnoxious that the billionaire elite like Bloomberg and Schultz think they can run the world on a whim. America needs neither of them as our nation's leader.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The party that elected Trump to be their leader - out of 16 other viable candidates- probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on 'sanity'. .

The people who didn't see this coming shouldn't be lecturing anyone on "sanity".

Clearly they are caught up in the false dichotomy of GOP vs DNC. Their "reality" prevents them from seeing what happened there.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:48 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
Anyone running as in Independent could split the vote - could help split the Republican vote too as this billionaire portrays himself as a 'centrist' and doesn't identify with the Democratic party.

That is the Democrat party's problem. They should adopt a platform that appeals and serves the people.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,514,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That is the Democrat party's problem. They should adopt a platform that appeals and serves the people.
They don’t serve the people , they serve their special interests and union bosses .

Old 01-30-2019, 09:27 PM

862 posts, read 520,856 times
Quote:
The party that elected Trump to be their leader - out of 16 other viable candidates- probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on 'sanity'.

Asbolutely he could.

Dems and Repubs both broken, but in different ways.

At least Schultz has the guts to acknowledge this. That alone makes him a contender.

Last point, i'm not a republican, and I am not lecturing. If anything im a disenfranchised democrat. The party has undergone a drastic transformation over the past 10 years, and it doesn't resonate with many many who consider themselves in the center. I want them to get back to the center, and back towards sanity, but unfortunately it doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections