Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidate would you vote for
Trump 36 52.17%
Harris 23 33.33%
Schultz 8 11.59%
Minor party 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 12:32 PM

15,927 posts, read 14,633,721 times

Advertisements

And everyone knew who Trump was at that point. The allegations about the Russians were out before the election. There was the Billy Bush tape. Etc. And he still won.

But each election is it's own event. Now he has a record to run on (or against.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who won the last election? Trump you say?

Case closed.

(and your opinion of Trump is irrelevant. you did afterall support Hillary Clinton and gave her a complete pass)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 05:25 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,556,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who won the last election? Trump you say?

Case closed.

(and your opinion of Trump is irrelevant. you did afterall support Hillary Clinton and gave her a complete pass)

The last election was the last election. We're talking about the next election, not the last one.

Since Trump will most likely be the GOP candidate, and he's already announced, he is relevant in this discussion.

Until Hillary Clinton announces, she is the one who's irrelevant. So until she does, she gets a complete pass this time.

Case closed.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:20 PM

9,921 posts, read 7,794,144 times
Minor Party or Schultz

Old 01-30-2019, 06:07 PM

8,829 posts, read 10,311,693 times
Team Schultz 2020

Old 01-31-2019, 01:50 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,344,750 times
I’m not a huge fan of Trump but when I see the Democratic side, I go right back over to Trumps side. Honestly with the amount of hate Trump gets in the media and online, it only makes me like him a little more. I guess they’ll never learn. It’s not a winning platform to continue to find ways to bash Trump. You need to offer something people will reflect on. The vast majority of people will look at themselves in 2016 and look at themselves in the same voting booth in 2020 and see themselves better now than then, and write in Trump. He will likely win again.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:01 PM

15,927 posts, read 14,633,721 times
^
A big issue will be where the economy is. We're dye a cyclical recession. If that happen around the time of the election it would hurt Trump, even if It was just cyclical. The only reason Obama won was because the mortgage crisis hit maximum impact right around the '08 election.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:44 AM

33,622 posts, read 12,816,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
And everyone knew who Trump was at that point. The allegations about the Russians were out before the election. There was the Billy Bush tape. Etc. And he still won.

But each election is it's own event. Now he has a record to run on (or against.)
I don't like Trump, and I would never vote for him, but I think the bolded fuels a lot of the vitriol expressed by a number of the big time Trump haters on CD.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:28 AM

4,640 posts, read 3,451,613 times
It will more likely be like Hogan vs Klink vs Shultz.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:48 AM

31,335 posts, read 14,444,411 times
Quote:
I wanted to run a poll to get an idea where things sit a this point in time. Assume the 2020 Presidential election is happening now. The three major candidates are:

Donald Trump (R)
Kamala Harris (D)
Howard Schultz (I)
Random minor party candiate (Green, Libertarian, et al)

How would you vote? Note, as in a real election, there no "none of the above" choice. If you don't pick one of the above, your vote doesn't get counted.
As of "right now", I would vote for Schultz. He's Ross Perot 25 years later, but with a liberal rather than a conservative leaning. We desperately need a businessman in charge who can right the ship with regards to the debt. Trump has things right on immigration, and Trump also has it right on an isolationist foreign policy. If Schultz proves to stand for those things I will vote for him. If Schultz proves to be an open borders guy then I might not vote for anyone next time.

Trump has a lazy streak a mile long, he cut taxes when he didn't need to, he's don't nothing on the long term debt, he's done nothing to try to reform social security or healthcare (other than eliminating the penalty, which was a good thing). Bottom line.....Trump was the right guy in 2016 and I would make the same vote again. I'm not sure Trump's the right guy in 2020. So I guess right now I'm undecided.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:50 AM

23,745 posts, read 17,418,314 times
Quote:
I wanted to run a poll to get an idea where things sit a this point in time. Assume the 2020 Presidential election is happening now. The three major candidates are:

Donald Trump (R)
Kamala Harris (D)
Howard Schultz (I)
Random minor party candiate (Green, Libertarian, et al)

How would you vote? Note, as in a real election, there no "none of the above" choice. If you don't pick one of the above, your vote doesn't get counted.
More liberal fantasy land.

Dems will run michelle Obama in 2020.

Trump wins in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections