Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 08:57 PM

14,108 posts, read 8,240,220 times

Advertisements

If Trump wins it won't be the end of the world despite what some of my relatives think.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/59435071-post95.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 09:10 PM

13,596 posts, read 7,552,536 times
Also if Biden wins it won't be the end of the world either like many have said. We had Obama and Biden for 8 years if Dems do get control of the senate I doubt it will last longer then one term.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:34 PM

317 posts, read 241,091 times
Polls Are Biased: Trump Will Again Deliver A Stunning Upset (Update 1)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/polls-bia...195322946.html

Old 10-18-2020, 09:39 PM

13,596 posts, read 7,552,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
Polls Are Biased: Trump Will Again Deliver A Stunning Upset (Update 1)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/polls-bia...195322946.html
"Donald Trump crushed Hillary."

That's far from fact Trump won by 77k votes in 3 states, and he lost the popular vote.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:12 AM

13,867 posts, read 4,465,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
"Donald Trump crushed Hillary."

That's far from fact Trump won by 77k votes in 3 states, and he lost the popular vote.
California gave Hillary the popular vote. Trump won 30 states and was winning the popular vote in 49 states until California came it.

Hillary outspend 3 to 1 Trump, she had all the media and Hollywood on her side, Wall Street supported her and she only won 20 states out of 50? that is a crush from a guy that has never been a politician in his first election and got bad press from the media 24/7. That was a bad loss for Hillary who has been preparing to be President since 1999. This was the biggest upset in history.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:05 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,583,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And then you have you who mindlessly believes the propaganda that each side spews out about the other.
If you are so naive to believe that Trump doesn't support white supremacy, you're seriously ignorant. YOUR president was the one who said there are "good people on both sides" when Charlottesville. You're not a good person if you're in a hate group. Then during the first debate, Trump refused to condemn white supremacy. If you don't see that, you're blind and should keep silent on racial matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that the bold has been disproven over and over and over again. If I am wrong, please vote a COMPLETE statement made by Trump instead of a partial statement.
When's the last time Trump condemned white supremacy? Take your time, I'll give you time to come up with an answer. The reason why Trump won't condemn white supremacy is because they're the majority of his base, and he's been proven to be a racist time and time again.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:15 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,755,109 times
I will be a happy camper on that day because The Fool on The Hill Kingdom is coming to an END in 15 more nights and days !!!

The nightmare is coming to a CLOSE, Finalmente !!!

Old 10-19-2020, 08:15 AM

23,175 posts, read 12,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
If you are so naive to believe that Trump doesn't support white supremacy, you're seriously ignorant. YOUR president was the one who said there are "good people on both sides" when Charlottesville. You're not a good person if you're in a hate group. Then during the first debate, Trump refused to condemn white supremacy. If you don't see that, you're blind and should keep silent on racial matters.

And you're a perfect example of one swallowing the media propaganda. He specifically excluded the neo-nazists and stated he was talking about the peaceful protesters who were not in any hate group and there before the supremicists arrived. How about we look at the actual transcript from the interview that quote was lifted out of context?

Trump: "As I said on -- remember, Saturday -- we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

Trump: "Well, I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family, and this country. And that is -- you can call it terrorism. ... The driver of the car is a murderer. And what he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing.

Trump: "Those people -- all of those people – excuse me, I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee."

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Trump: And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

And on and on but people like you want to latch on one short sequence of words. Does defending the peaceful protesters this summer mean you are supporting violence and hatred because some looted and burned?

Old 10-19-2020, 08:28 AM

494 posts, read 181,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And you're a perfect example of one swallowing the media propaganda. He specifically excluded the neo-nazists and stated he was talking about the peaceful protesters who were not in any hate group and there before the supremicists arrived. How about we look at the actual transcript from the interview that quote was lifted out of context?

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

And on and on but people like you want to latch on one short sequence of words. Does defending the peaceful protesters this summer mean you are supporting violence and hatred because some looted and burned?
Let's be fair and honest here because you're calling out the person for only posting snippets of quotes. I just pulled the one quote from above because I didn't feel like checking them all out. You left out a few words in your response that can change the context of his answer. The part you left out was "They didn't put themselves--. The "--" should read "as neo". So in the first part of his answer he is saying there are fine people on both sides of each group. And in all fairness I did read all of his answers and I did think at the time he condemned the white supremacy groups as a whole. The difference is that was then and now when presented an opportunity he did not denounce them. He realizes they make up a large part of his base so he has to carefully toe the line.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:41 AM

23,175 posts, read 12,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Let's be fair and honest here because you're calling out the person for only posting snippets of quotes. I just pulled the one quote from above because I didn't feel like checking them all out. You left out a few words in your response that can change the context of his answer. The part you left out was "They didn't put themselves--. The "--" should read "as neo". So in the first part of his answer he is saying there are fine people on both sides of each group. And in all fairness I did read all of his answers and I did think at the time he condemned the white supremacy groups as a whole. The difference is that was then and now when presented an opportunity he did not denounce them. He realizes they make up a large part of his base so he has to carefully toe the line.

Let's be fair, what you added doesn't change the context that he stated multiple times he was referring to the people there to peacefully protest and condemned the hate groups. Go ahead and conveniently ignore the many followup quotes that clarified that.

To be clearer, the "--" is actually in the transcript, the "as neo" are your words and your interpretation that is not in the transcript.

You say you thought he condemned them at the time so why all the media and campaign lies alleging that he has never condemned them?

As for the debate, you should know by now that Trump never allows his adversaries to make him kneel and bow. You aren't going to force him to use your words because nine times out of ten it is a setup. That he was even asked to is indicative of the moderator bias. Why wasn't Biden asked to condemn Antifa or looting and burning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections