Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:58 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,984,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Gardner has given up on his re-election. I've theorized this for a while because he hasn't had a single poll in his favor for years. I doubt the national GOP is still giving him money. This just puts the icing on the cake and is a big F U to Colorado voters. Colorado voted against Trump in 2016 and then went hard blue in 2018. He's the only statewide GOP officeholder left but definitely not for long.

https://twitter.com/SenCoryGardner/s...80830838284293
Lots of soys moved there from CA.

Not much he can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 03:44 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,760,891 times
Cory’s currently down 7 to a guy who is quoted as saying that being a U.S. Senator is of no interest to him.

Should he ultimately lose, at least he’ll be able to say he was loyal to Trump to the end.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:12 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,398,485 times
Won't matter, election-wise. Gardner's in trouble electorally.

Pledging fealty to Trump and the party will enhance his post-election employment opportunities, such as lobbying or working for a think-tank like Heritage.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:36 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,965,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Gardner has given up on his re-election. I've theorized this for a while because he hasn't had a single poll in his favor for years. I doubt the national GOP is still giving him money. This just puts the icing on the cake and is a big F U to Colorado voters. Colorado voted against Trump in 2016 and then went hard blue in 2018. He's the only statewide GOP officeholder left but definitely not for long.

https://twitter.com/SenCoryGardner/s...80830838284293
Well, if the GOP is sending a "big F U to Colorado voters," then I guess we're sending republicans a big F U right back at them. I'm tickled pink that Colorado will be one of the states that help turn the republican Senate Blue!

Old 09-24-2020, 05:02 PM

6,174 posts, read 2,790,011 times
Cory Must really hate his job because he's doing everything he can to hand it to a Democrat.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:52 PM

30,291 posts, read 11,940,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
How would it be a 3 way race like that? What would Moore run as?

Part of the newly created NAMBLA party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
Jones won because the leftists cheated as has been documented lately AND with the false attacks on Judge Moore. I don't think he will run again I think Sessions will run again.
Jones won because the GOP nominated a flawed candidate. Should have vetted him better. I have no idea if he committed the crimes alleged but he was a creepy 30 something lawyer hanging out at the mall trying to pick up high school girls. That made the allegations conceivable. And Sasha Baron Cohen's pedophile detector beeped when it was pointed near him. That is good enough for me!

Old 09-24-2020, 07:15 PM

29,627 posts, read 16,637,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Part of the newly created NAMBLA party.

Jones won because the GOP nominated a flawed candidate. Should have vetted him better. I have no idea if he committed the crimes alleged but he was a creepy 30 something lawyer hanging out at the mall trying to pick up high school girls. That made the allegations conceivable. And Sasha Baron Cohen's pedophile detector beeped when it was pointed near him. That is good enough for me!
Every single person in Alabama knows who and what Roy Moore is, he has done far more than what you typed. which is why he didnt have party support, but he won anyways.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:36 AM

30,291 posts, read 11,940,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Every single person in Alabama knows who and what Roy Moore is, he has done far more than what you typed. which is why he didnt have party support, but he won anyways.

You are in Alabama so I guess you know that. Probably someone should have let Trump know early on. Its his fault the GOP lost that seat.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:03 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,130,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Cory’s currently down 7 to a guy who is quoted as saying that being a U.S. Senator is of no interest to him.

Should he ultimately lose, at least he’ll be able to say he was loyal to Trump to the end.
As if that's a consolation prize? History is not going to be kind to any of those people.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:34 AM

5,295 posts, read 6,244,920 times
FWIW- Gardner only won by a point with something like 44% of the vote in an R wave year where the Dem ran a truly crappy campaign. That seat was already gone.

At this point he is either working on securing the biggest think tank/lobbying paycheck available or hoping a Trump win earns him a cabinet post. He might hold out hope that their is another R wave and he can ride it to a governorship in 2-6 years but that is really unlikely. The problem for Western Rs is the national party has gone full on social conservative and anti-environment when the region really tilts more libertarian than conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections