Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM

881 posts, read 1,588,862 times

Advertisements

Obama now says that small town Americans are basically a bunch of hicks, who look for God, guns, and anti-illegal immigration for "comfort" for thier own demise.

Here is a quote, directly from the mouth of Mr. Obama:

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years. ... And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Obama Draws Fire for Comments on Small-Town America - America’s Election HQ

Obama says some voters are angry, bitter - Yahoo! News (broken link)

I think this shows us really who the real Barack Hussein Obama is. An elitist liberal who is spitting on the faces of Americans who believe in God and religion, love their Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms, and who do not like illegal immigration. Apparently, the "uniter" Obama thinks these people are not "up to the Obama standards".

Put this together with his anti-American racist pastor/mentor/friend/spiritual guide/book inspiration Jeremiah Wright, his membership in a radical, racist and anti-American "church", his wife saying "America is a downright mean country" and "this is the first time in my life that I am proud to be an American", Obama saying racially charged things like "typical white people", Obama's anti-gun positions after he deceived the voters in Idaho saying he was OK with gun rights, his relationship with terrorist William Ayers, his radical position on abortion by saying that "babies are punishment", his association with radical anti-American groups, funded by foreign billionary George Soros and you begin to see Obama is NOT an American candidate for President. Obama is a Globalist candidate for President, an UN puppet and a puppet of foreign radical billionaries who despise the USA, like Mr. Soros. I am sorry, but I am getting a picture of Mr. Obama which is more clear that he is anti-American and EXTREMELY DIVISIVE in many ways. Why does Mr. Obama think it's ok to insult people who believe in religion, have guns, and don't accept ILLEGAL immigration???

How dare you, you elitist punk!!! How dare you insult the very people who pay taxes to fund your Affirmitive Action schooling benefits. How dare you insult the people who THINK you are a uniter. I am GLAD we know who YOU are!! I am soooo insulted by his comments.... how dare he!! I don't live in a small town, but to say my faith and my views on gun rights and illegal immigration make me less of an American..... How dare you!

Here is my message to Mr. Obama: you are being true to yourself in saying you dislike these "ignorant Americans" in "small towns", who like like guns and love God and dislike illegal immigration. Thank you for finally coming out, Mr. Obama. Glad you did it in San Francisco... coming out in San Francisco... nice touch.

We are starting to know now who you REALLY are: a divisive, liberal, angry individual. How can you be a "uniter" while you dislike the majority of Americans, in cities and small towns, people who are religious, own guns, and don't want illegal immigration??? Explain that to us, Mr. Elitist. How will you represent us "ignorant Americans" IF you are to get elected? Huh?

You will NEVER, ever get my vote. Your bigotry will defeat you, Mr. Obama. You will see the "ignorant Americans" come out against you on Nov 2, 2008. The people you look down upon are the MAJORITY of Americans. You will see, us ignorant peasants defeat you in 2008.

Last edited by Fun2Day; 04-11-2008 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 11:28 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
That was a really dumb thing to say. Especially for a seasoned politician who's trying to get votes in a state with a lot of blue collars.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:14 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
I think this shows us really who the real Barack Hussein Obama is. An elitist liberal who is spitting on the faces of Americans who believe in God and religion, love their Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms, and who do not like illegal immigration. Apparently, the "uniter" Obama thinks these people are not "up to the Obama standards". .
You can dislike illegal immigration all you want but some of the illegal immigration opponents have gone to far over into racism. The same is true with religion. You can have yoru own private faith but not everybody else should be forced to share or acknowledge it.

Obama is just saying he understands it is hard to deliver a message of change and hope in rural and small towns, and if he wanted to be meaner about it, he well could have. Rural areas have been his weak spot and Clinton's strong spot throughout the race. In fact Clinton usually does better with uneducated and blue collar workers than Obama.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Nah, no need to stand, he'll be slithering away soon enough. I think the "small towns" (and there are many) are done with him. You can't insult proud people with a work ethic and get their vote, it just don't work that way, Obamoron.

Great post, Fun2Day, thanks for links.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 AM

955 posts, read 2,156,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That was a really dumb thing to say. Especially for a seasoned politician who's trying to get votes in a state with a lot of blue collars.
It just proves that he is not a seasoned politician.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
It just proves that he is not a seasoned politician.
But isnt that the honest truth? what he saying? If Edwards said it everyone would applause

Old 04-12-2008, 08:15 AM

454 posts, read 748,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
But isnt that the honest truth? what he saying? If Edwards said it everyone would applause

Are you saying that people are holding on to religion because they are bitter? My mom is very religious and Black, and I don't think she is religious because she is bitter. In fact, religion has been a very positive influence in her life. A lot of people accept God not because they are bitter, but because they believe in some higher being that looks out for their best interest.

This is what happens when you belong to a church that is anti-american and racist. You feel everyone is bitter like you. His statements does not surprise me at all given all the statements that his wife has said previously.

If you are bitter and holding on to something, Please get some help. It is not healthy to hold on to that bitterness. Find ways to turn that bitterness into positive.

People are religious for a lot of reasons, and I can confidently tell you that bitterness is not one of them. What gives someone the right to say that religious people are bitter.

Last edited by dmnari; 04-12-2008 at 09:15 AM..

Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
No, but there is an element of truth to what he is saying. I grew up in a blue collar family in the Midwest, I've lived some of this first hand. Granted my experience was more urban, but some of those sentiments were very much there.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
Are you saying that people are holding on to religion because they are bitter? My mom is very religious and Black, and I don't think she is religious because she is bitter. In fact, religion has been a very positive influence in her life. A lot of people accept God not because they are bitter, but because they believe in some higher being that looks out for their best interest.

This is what happens when you belong to a church that is anti-american and racist. You feel everyone is bitter like you. His statements does not surprise me at all given all the statements what his wife has said previously.
Not at all, he doesnt say all religious people are bitter, if you read it in context.

He says he understands why bitter people cling on to sone prejudices
like security blanket, including religion (meaning anti-islam etc)

Having a mother as an anthropologist, its understandable for BO to say that.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:25 AM

79 posts, read 211,966 times
The thing with Obama is that these comments are adding up with other things to create a image that he is a elitest who has ties to terrorist and has ill will toward much of this country. When you add this statement with his wifes comment about not being proud of America, with his 20 year attendance of an America Hating Church, his past associations with known terrorist. It makes you appreciate the process. Because if a guy with far leaning ideas was wanting to get into office and it happened quickly and easily. That would be dangerous. This long process is bringing out truth. It refines the candidate. We are not wanting to decimate the candidates, only know if he or she is the best one for the job.
You can make some good and bad decisions in 4 years. Most of those long lasting and hard impacting decisions have nothing to do with the war. It is on these other subjects that you want to see some reflection of the majority's will. This is still a democracy and in a democracy majority rules. Party's have played to minority lobbys so long they think they are the majority. They get a rude awakening everytime a bill doesn't make it.
The world is getting smaller and smaller. Its not a good time to be making big changes. We may lose this country because of one idea carried to far. We maybe sold on the open market like a these houses in foreclosure. And the world will laugh. We are highminded when we ought to be low minded. We ought to bow our heads and pray for a little more peace here at home before we implode.
So Obama is coming out with his real thoughts and it is risky to see what he would do as president. Who knows maybe his ideas would better the country. But what was so wrong with it anyway? People are free. People can work and make something. Amercia is great. It just needs some maintenance and justice. Not a new spirit. I wonder what Obama really thinks about America...i mean really.

Last edited by dirtrash; 04-12-2008 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections