Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:13 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,432,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He did not.

Hope that clears it up for you.
He admitted Russia helped him this morning. You are wrong again. They disappeared on him because we have an illegitimate president in office.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66371510378501
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 09:58 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,939,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Don't forget the constant claim of needing to "have a conversation" - Harris particularly likes that phrase. A good way of saying something, while committing to nothing.

I think that Warren has provided more specifics than any of them, to which I give her credit. Don't agree with the nut job on very much, but I give her credit for at least attempting to discuss specific issues and provide specific solutions.

On a side note, I was flipping through channels the other night and stopped on CNN. It was late, I didn't recognize the anchor, and spent a few minutes listening to him and then an interview he conducted about the European elections. I don't know who the guy was, but he actually covered the elections intelligently and appeared to be unbiased. So did his guest. You get away from the showboats in the early evenings and maybe CNN isn't as disgusting as I always think it is.
You have to get your emotions out of it. All the media giants provide infotainment, they have been for years. When you watch any of them you have to listen for the content and ignore the fluffy presentation. It's not the best way to receive news and current event these days, the Internet is a lot better. But it does at least give you a list of topics to go research.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:59 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,939,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
He admitted Russia helped him this morning. You are wrong again. They disappeared on him because we have an illegitimate president in office.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66371510378501

Hilarious - did he really think that statement was going to disappear because he deleted it?

Old 05-30-2019, 11:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,336,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I was accidentally watching MSNBC last night and Cory Booker was on. It appears as though MSNBC is just one just (unpaid) informercial for the Democrats but I digress. Cory Booker, along with all the other Democrats, speak in platitudes and empty rhetoric using words like 'empower'. People want jobs. Not empowering. Although I suspect yet again, empower = wealth redistribution.

After Booker's segment was done, Buttigeig was coming up. Like I said. Unpaid infomercial.

Putin will select Donald Trump again, Democrats can't do nothing to STOP Putin!

Old 05-30-2019, 02:13 PM

21,955 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Say what?

Trump "used the electoral college" to win the election.

hahahahahahaha

Very bad news for you. He will do it again to win 2020.
Yeah, I was scratching my head on this stupid comment, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
Yes Hillary won the popular vote, I see that argument a lot. But that's not because she was a great candidate. It's because there are considerably more liberals in some very densely populated, key areas. California being one of the big ones of course.

Similar to many conservatives, most liberals will always vote for the DNC candidate no matter who it is. They know that person will be more aligned with their own liberal ideas. It doesn't matter how much of a whack job she actually is (or he).

I've voted for both parties in the past. I voted for Obama the first time around but not the second. I disliked the way he handled some things but I knew he'd win a second term anyway. Everybody I know with the exception of one person, voted against Hillary Clinton because they absolutely despised her. They were willing to give Trump a chance and bring an outsider into Washington. Not because they especially liked him, they just couldn't stand Hillary.

From what I can tell so far they're not very happy with Trump. But they're still glad Hillary is not in the White House.

I think most of them will vote for whichever party has the least despicable candidate. They don't care that much about which side of the isle it's on. Most people do however, and will stick with the party they prefer no matter who the candidate is.
Hillary won something like 40 counties and Trump won over 2000. Maybe we should go by counties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Putin will select Donald Trump again, Democrats can't do nothing to STOP Putin!
Trump has been tougher on Russia, China, NOKO than any other President. He doesn't make back room deals with them to benefit his family members.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:53 PM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yeah, I was scratching my head on this stupid comment, too.

Hillary won something like 40 counties and Trump won over 2000. Maybe we should go by counties?

Where did you get that figure from? Because I'm seeing 2584 for Trump and 472 for Clinton.

And as for going by counties, sure seems fair to me. After all here in Tennessee as an example, why shouldn't the smallest county of 5000 count the same as the largest with a population of 935,000? Or maybe we could go by where the largest amount of farm animals are at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections