Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 09:53 AM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It has nothing to do with campaigning. He's been caught doing it in all kinds of situations. No, politicians did not regularly go around putting their faces in the hair of young girls and women.
Yes, they did. We could argue that all day long. They kissed babies and little kids, patted them, and manhandled them in many ways. here's lots and lots of film evidence showing it.

Not every politician did, of course, nor did those who did grope the children, but being 'handsy' is a modern phenomenon that's developed recently. A lot of senior politicians are still being handsy.

10 years ago, this would have never been an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM

15,676 posts, read 10,462,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yes, they did. We could argue that all day long. They kissed babies and little kids, patted them, and manhandled them in many ways. here's lots and lots of film evidence showing it.

Not every politician did, of course, nor did those who did grope the children, but being 'handsy' is a modern phenomenon that's developed recently. A lot of senior politicians are still being handsy.

I disagree that 10 years ago, "this would never have been an issue". even as a little girl, i knew when a man touching me felt wrong or even scary. you learn very early when a young female to pick up on danger cues. a male stranger telling me, as a child or an adult, i was "good looking" then touching me with both hands around the neck/shoulders would definitely qualify as danger cues.

but let's assume "being handsy" wouldn't be an issue 10 years ago. Joe has been talked to about inappropriate touching, promised to do better respecting personal space, and yet still was "handsy" with this 10 year old girl . He isn't stupid. why does this behavior persist?

I used to think biden was just a touchy feely person, but now realize he is a creepy old man who knows exactly what he is doing.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-31-2019 at 10:26 AM..

Old 05-31-2019, 10:23 AM

8,903 posts, read 4,630,902 times
Quote:
Yeah, there's that. It is creepier, for sure.
One of my sons has always been a toucher, and he has never done it with a pervy frame of mind. But it has gotten him a lot of suspicious looks over the years, and he just can't help himself.
{snip}

This statement alone destroys any sense of objectivity on your part

Old 05-31-2019, 06:11 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
This statement alone destroys any sense of objectivity on your part
I din't add enough context.
My son never touched girls, but he touched objects all the time.

Things like juicy food, mirrors, paintings, and other things people don't usually touch at all, but just look at. As he grew into adulthood, it faded away, but he has always had jobs where he uses his hands in ways closely connected to his eyes.

Who knows why? I always thought there was some little mis-wiring between his hands and his eyes in his brain. He had to touch things to verify what his eyes told him.

Maybe that does make me unobjective about Joe's behavior. But since all this is my opinion, and yours, that's all it's worth. We can speculate about someone's behavior for as long as we want, but it will all be only our personal guess as to what it is or not, based on each of our own life experience and observations.

If we want to judge Joe objectively, or judge him at all, where are any facts to base our judgement?

One person is not like another, after all, are they?

None of us will be accountable for an error in our judgement, if we decide to judge him. So it's pretty nothing but flimsy cheap goods in the end with no weight to it..

Old 05-31-2019, 10:05 PM

19,906 posts, read 12,199,216 times
Quote:

I disagree. People, not necessarily a majority, have been creeped out by this for years, long before the me-too movement. Biden tends to always position himself behind young girls, usually pre-teen to early teens, almost always with his hands on their arms, above their waists or nuzzling their necks.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 PM

3,447 posts, read 2,196,476 times
I just don't understand why there's such a dramatic debate over this. What Biden does is abnormal. I won't presume to know his intentions since that calls for the operation of his mind, but it's not unreasonable to suggest that his longstanding behavior could be construed by reasonable observers as being outside of the bounds of normalcy. The same is true of Trump saying that if his daughter weren't his daughter he'd probably be dating her. These behaviors or comments are demonstrable outliers versus those undertaken by the average person. It's important that folks be consistent about their positions on things, especially those things that are obvious to anybody with with an IQ above room-temp.

Good grief.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:13 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,729,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Creepy Veep Joe may or may not be a true pedo, but it is painfully clear that many folks on the far left, on here especially, are okay with Joe either way, and more than forgiving of his fixation with very young girls. Disturbing.
I was never stupid enough to vote for Trump and won't vote for Biden, either.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 1,980,127 times
Completely unaware of the world outside his own civil service parasite life. He’s done before he even starts. And this is what democrats want in a president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections