Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,823,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I live in the Charlotte metro. Without exception, the 9 suburban counties, the ones where all the transplants are moving, vote Red.

Biden stands no chance in NC. He's got nothing for the people here.

The race in NC won't even be close. Biden is already doing far worse than Hillary at this point.
I live near the Charlotte metro. After hearing my accent, I've had a number of people bring up Trump. They said they voted for him last time, but they don't like him and plan to vote democratic. I don't know who will win North Carolina, but I'm pretty sure that it's up in the air. I also hear complaints about the Republicans in Raleigh, and what I hear the most is complaints about the gerrymandering.

I don't know who will win next year in this state, but I do know that people are angry and the anger is centered on Republicans. When the people in the red counties are angry with the Republicans, it remains to be seen what will happen. The districts are going to be redrawn, finally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 07:46 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,987,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biden couldn't beat Hillary in 2008. For that matter he couldn't even beat John Edwards. Furthermore, Trump has put NH, Minnesota and Maine into play. It's not just about those states now. Democrats need NC. They need every vote they can get.

Sounds like desperation to me.
So? Obama once lost a race in Illinois decades ago.... Biden and Obama administration brought positive changes to the country and they are now admired by millions of Americans
Last time I checked, North Carolina has a Dem governor

Old 06-14-2019, 07:38 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,716,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So many are putting their money on the Dem candidate without even knowing who that will be. If the nominee is to far to the left don't be so sure they will carry states like MI, Pa, etc. They will always carry CA, NY and probably IL as well as OR.
I agree. Too far left will not cut it. Country so polarized. Can't we all find happy medium anymore among both parties? I guess not.

Old 06-16-2019, 03:18 AM

18,107 posts, read 27,591,717 times
Wow, Biden looked strong in Iowa... NOT!

Old 06-16-2019, 04:54 AM

19,921 posts, read 12,214,522 times
Counting your chickens didn’t work out well for you last time.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...s-year-do.html

Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM

22,132 posts, read 9,694,389 times
One debate between Biden and Trump will rule Biden out. He can't put a coherent sentence together.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:35 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,217,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
One debate between Biden and Trump will rule Biden out. He can't put a coherent sentence together.
Yes Trump will destroy whoever has to go against him in a debate and I bet no dem candidate is looking forward to that day. I'm not sure Biden will even have the balls to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections