Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,797,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As Biden was a recent widower, having lost both his first wife, Neilia Biden, and 13-month-old daughter in a deadly car accident shortly after his election to the Senate in December 1972, a good deal of the interview was a reminiscence of his life before the tragedy.
“Neilia was my very best friend, my greatest ally, my sensuous lover,” Biden told Kelley. “The longer we lived together the more we enjoyed everything from sex to sports. Most guys don’t really know what I lost because they never knew what I had.”
“Let me show you my favorite picture of her,” Biden said as he held up a photo of his late wife in a bikini. “She had the best body of any woman I ever saw. She looks better than a Playboy bunny, doesn’t she?”
Although opposed to his Senate campaign, Biden said his first wife got involved because he “would come back too tired to talk to her.”
“At first she stayed at home with the kids while I campaigned, but that didn’t work out because I’d come back too tired to talk to her,” Biden said. “I might satisfy her in bed but I didn’t have much time for anything else.”
That's pretty weird, not that Biden would have missed having sex with his late wife, but that he would go on and on about it to a reporter, especially a female journalist. It sounds like he was coming on to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 09:02 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,925,829 times
It does sound kinda weird, but maybe not that weird for a high strung around 32 year old male widow in the early 70s. Being a widow is surely tough and a young one too. What is less weird is he also said he was looking to get back married and be loved by one. And he got married again and has been for 42 years.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:38 AM

8,300 posts, read 5,762,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
There are plenty of valid criticisms to take Biden down with. Unfortunately, this ain't one of them. Let's spend more time focusing on the stuff that actually matters.
Exactly.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:01 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,454,932 times
Yet another nothingburger from WK.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 PM

41,001 posts, read 49,435,151 times
Biden continues to show he's 100% clueless..

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1138846169868582912

Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM

3,367 posts, read 1,246,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
i.e "I won't address what Biden did. So I'll create a broad generalization to give him a free pass for it."

It's clear that if Biden had had his way then, the Civil Rights movement would not have happened. He's on record many times being against it along with being against equal rights for women. In fact, he's come out on the wrong side of history endless times.
What exactly did he say/do that makes it “clear” that he doesn’t believe in civil rights or women’s rights?
Or is that just your broad generalization with no supporting evidence.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,874,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's pretty weird, not that Biden would have missed having sex with his late wife, but that he would go on and on about it to a reporter, especially a female journalist. It sounds like he was coming on to her.

Not to me and I'm a woman lol. Sounds like he was missing her to me.

I have a co-worker who is in his 70s and his first wife died back in the late 1970s and he still speaks about how beautiful and sexy she was and the great times they had together in the sack AND how intelligent/smart she was (he often says she was WAY smarter than him - he was a "simple farm boy" and she was pharmacist).

I think it is sweet that he still misses his wife. He also is still upset that she died. Their son was only 3 when she died of breast cancer. He is married to another woman today and has been since the late 1980s but he admits that he loved his first wife more on many levels than the current one. I've spoken with many widowed men some I barely know about their wives who passed and many of them have spoken to me in a similar way about their wives who are in Biden's age group (my co-worker is and so have other men I've met/come across).

Old 06-12-2019, 04:34 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,464,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A true picture of the man the Democrats call "front runner" is emerging from Joe Biden. It's not very flattering. This is a speech he gave in Ohio in 1973. In it among other things, he demeans a woman reporter by calling her "lovely" and then going on to say that both Democrats & Republican politicians are "Good for the Negro".

This while falsely claiming to have marched in the Civil Rights Movement.
"Former Vice President Joe Biden, the current 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner, made racially insensitive remarks and comments women might find offensive in a 1973 speech."
Joe Biden, 1973: Full Audio Emerges of Rollicking Speech Senator Gave to Cleveland City Club

(and yeah, some of you Biden apologists will immediately dismiss this because it's coming from Bretbart but the audio of the speech is there for anyone willing to listen)
Wow, this is horrible listening to it as a woman. It's also so snide and egotistical I could barely get through it. I'm still amazed people like this man as much as they do but looking at all our choices the last ten years I think I have the American majority wrong on what they like and dislike. lol Maybe I should think about moving.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 5 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,620,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
What did the African American community call themselves in 1973. It would help to at least have a frame of reference here. I know what it was, and I also know the term "African American" was not popular until late 80's at the earliest.

I don't think Biden will win the nomination, not sure why efforts like these are necessary. Reason why? Black people will vote for the candidate that they believe can beat Trump, Biden slides and they will move to the next one. The Black vote seems to be more practical than anything else at this time.
There was still an organization called...and the key word is called... The United Negro College Fund. Negro was not completely verboten in 1973, but it was on the way out.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:12 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,464,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
What exactly did he say/do that makes it “clear” that he doesn’t believe in civil rights or women’s rights?
Or is that just your broad generalization with no supporting evidence.
Really? Did you listen to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections