Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 07:47 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,738,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I'm sure glad I studied Russian in college, because if Mayor Pete (or any other Dim) wins in 2020, Putin will have them for lunch.

Das vedanya, comrade
Lol. Did you miss a lot of classes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 06:40 AM

1,663 posts, read 884,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. 18 years ago, a few muslims conceived a brilliant plan for a suicide bombing that worked so well we have been blinded ever since.

And that one event showed thousands of disturbed Americans the way to get the attention they crave.

Some of those kids who've slaughtered their schoolmates by the dozen weren't even born in 9/11/2001.

Lot's of people died in 2 cities in 2001, but after 2001, Muslim terrorists have killed less than 10 people afterward. In 4 different cities.
Not sure where you got that "less than 10" from, but its off a little. There has been at least 126 killed and 503 wounded in 72 islamic attacks since 2002.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/a...n-attacks.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Domestic terrorists have killed 368 people in cities all over the nation, a few here and a few there, since 9/11.

I could only find one list of the deaths, and it ended in October, 2018. There have been more since, so the actual number is closer to 400 or more now.

And those domestic terrorists are still killing people. There were 85 attacks between 2001 and 2016, the year of the Pulse nightclub shooting, the first of the high-casualty shootings.

The Pulse shooting showed our own domestic terrorists how to really get attention, and the attacks have increased in frequency and numbers ever since. 40% more in 2019 than in 2018. With no end in sight.

Try finding the numbers of deaths our domestic killers have slaughtered, and you'll have a hard time trying to come up with an accurate figure, because people are still dying one or two or three or four at a time, every couple of weeks now, and no one is bothering to keep up with the domestic terror death count.

When only one or two people die, it doesn't even make the headlines now.

Anywhere, everywhere. Big cities, small towns. The Muslims are still bombing, but not here. They've chosen much easier targets than the United States nowadays.

But our own people are continuing their slaughter unabated for them. There's no need for the radical Muslims to try to kill us anymore. We're doing a pretty good job of it for them.
Don't kid yourself, they're still trying to kill us.
There have been 111 terrorist attacks thwarted since September 11 2001, and at least 105 of them were planned by muslims or those who had pledged allegiance to ISIS. The other six there wasn't enough information to be able to tell if there was any islamic connection or not. https://www.heritage.org/terrorism/c...against-us-911

On a yearly average, muslim terrorists kill 7.4 Americans. With a male muslim population of about 1.7 million, that comes out to about one murder per 229,700 muslim men.

Assuming your number 368 is accurate, and all of those were committed by white men, that averages out at 21.6 murders per year, or one murder per 5,322,600 white American men. Looking at it another way, those 21.6 murders a year are less than the homicide total in the city of Chicago for the first two weeks of June alone (23). https://heyjackass.com/

White men aren't the big problem. Petey is full of sh*t.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:08 AM

11,522 posts, read 14,703,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As it stands right now Trump is the one simpering like a lovesick teen-ager every time Putin glances his way.

I'll take Pete over Putin any day.
I thought the same when I read this. Giggling Putin versus an American candidate. I guess people think Putin is amusing?

Old 06-16-2019, 08:19 AM

29,628 posts, read 16,640,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well then knock yourself out and find proof that white supremacists have done all of those things in the last 10 years.

I'll wait.
I already gave one example, you ignored it. Its a big one too. The only one in this list I cant find is the military base attack, but then again, the military wouldnt list that publicly .

Old 06-16-2019, 01:23 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,024,122 times
“In the past decade, more Americans have been killed in America by right-wing extremists than by those inspired by Al Qaeda and ISIS,”

Mayor Pete just confirmed my suspicion that he is not a serious candidate. He's playing to the TDS crowd.

I recently read Threat by former FBI acting director Andrew McCabe. He was head of the FBI counter-terrorism division for several years, and worked on a bunch of high-profile terrorism cases, such as the 'underwear bomber,' the Boston Marathon bombing, 9/11, the 'Fort Dix Six,' and the Fort Hood shooting. He covers a bunch of cases in his book, and exactly ONE involved 'white nationalists.' That was a planned bombing of an MLK day parade in Spokane, WA in 2011. The bomb was found and defused.

Watch out Mayor Pete, there may be a platoon of white nationalists hiding under your bed.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:35 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,890,633 times
I have lived in Russia, still visit often, and I doubt this Peter guy has ever even visited, but will say the living in the US is no more or less different now, than living in Russia, even ten years ago.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:38 PM

29,628 posts, read 16,640,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
“In the past decade, more Americans have been killed in America by right-wing extremists than by those inspired by Al Qaeda and ISIS,”

Mayor Pete just confirmed my suspicion that he is not a serious candidate. He's playing to the TDS crowd.

I recently read Threat by former FBI acting director Andrew McCabe. He was head of the FBI counter-terrorism division for several years, and worked on a bunch of high-profile terrorism cases, such as the 'underwear bomber,' the Boston Marathon bombing, 9/11, the 'Fort Dix Six,' and the Fort Hood shooting. He covers a bunch of cases in his book, and exactly ONE involved 'white nationalists.' That was a planned bombing of an MLK day parade in Spokane, WA in 2011. The bomb was found and defused.

Watch out Mayor Pete, there may be a platoon of white nationalists hiding under your bed.
Im not sure what your point is. Either that is a list of cases he directly worked on, or a list of cases that affected him. That doesnt mean they were the only cases that happened, and the fact that the Dylan Roof shooting took place while he was there proves that.

Your definition of white supremacist may consist of just an organized group rather than lone individuals, but if thats the case, none of the people on your list qualify as Al -Qaeda or ISIS as well.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:25 PM

22,069 posts, read 9,638,287 times
If ISIS is no longer a threat, you can thank Trump for that.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:01 PM

29,231 posts, read 22,482,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If ISIS is no longer a threat, you can thank Trump for that.
That's not the point of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections