Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 08:40 AM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times

Advertisements

The Rust Belt? The Fly Over States? All these voters need to remember is that the Dems forgot them in 2016 and are set to do so again in 2020 even though they are pandering to them to no end.

We should all remember what the Democrats are pitching. They are keeping the so called Race wars going and the perpetual "victim hood" with the talk of Reparations, promoting alternative lifestyles which is fine but we do not need it shoveled at us and I would add abortion Rights to that and the Biggie is they are championing for the Rights of ILLEGAL ALIENS with the promise of FREE healthcare for them while so many citizens are in need.

These issues alone should drive people, even if it is with reluctance to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 09:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,672,329 times
I don't think Democrats want open borders. Hyperbole. But, even if they did, which is ridiculous, Trump 's cozying up to dictators and smiling and giggling about election interference, which is not hyperbole, is a big deal breaker for many that can see what is going on right in front of their eyes.

Rust belt people are common sense types and they can get what Trump is doing and saying. It's a big turn off for many.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday80 View Post
I have Trump winning Minnesota and New Hampshire plus all the states he won.

Democrats have to win all of the rust belt and those other states.

Chances are slim for them
Lolz, no way tRump wins Minnesota

Old 07-01-2019, 10:26 AM

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Trump' approval rating in Minnesota is -16 % points
-12 in Michigan
-13 in Wisconsin
-7 in Pennsylvania
-12 in Iowa
-4 in Ohio

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

Not looking good for Trump in most of the rust belt right now.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:31 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,388,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Lolz, no way tRump wins Minnesota
Really? Imagine Harris is the candidate, telling people she will confiscate guns by EO. Trump nearly won MN last time and that would be enough to put him over the edge in 2020.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:42 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,294,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don't think Democrats want open borders. Hyperbole. But, even if they did, which is ridiculous, Trump 's cozying up to dictators and smiling and giggling about election interference, which is not hyperbole, is a big deal breaker for many that can see what is going on right in front of their eyes.

Rust belt people are common sense types and they can get what Trump is doing and saying. It's a big turn off for many.
I guess I tend to see it the opposite way.
IMO the praising dictators stuff is kinda inside baseball stuff. People may not like it, but I don't think it viscerally moves voters the way something like "free health care for illegal immigrants" would. As long as Trump doesn't start an actual war, I dunno that Russia will move many votes.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Really? Imagine Harris is the candidate, telling people she will confiscate guns by EO. Trump nearly won MN last time and that would be enough to put him over the edge in 2020.
Nearly won? Did we watch the same election in 16? No way he wins, I'll say it again

Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,294,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Trump' approval rating in Minnesota is -16 % points
-12 in Michigan
-13 in Wisconsin
-7 in Pennsylvania
-12 in Iowa
-4 in Ohio

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

Not looking good for Trump in most of the rust belt right now.
Obviously it doesn't look good. But the more relevant is how do these ratings compare to his on his last election day. He was more unpopular than Hillary Clinton nationally and yet still managed to eke out a win in the electoral college.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:04 AM

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Obviously it doesn't look good. But the more relevant is how do these ratings compare to his on his last election day. He was more unpopular than Hillary Clinton nationally and yet still managed to eke out a win in the electoral college.
Click on my link and there is a slider beneath the map. That tells you how popular he's been in each of the states since Jan 2017.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
A plain and simple "Yes", according to my calculations at 270towin.com.

In fact, Dems simply have to either keep all the states they had in 2016, and either

*add FL and WI, or

*add FL plus any other state with more EVs than WI's 10 (AZ and NC look especially ripe for the taking. A Dem won the AZ senate seat and NC went for Obama in 08, with an incumbent not nearly as controversial as Trump)

*Simply retake WI, MI, and PA. Even if they lose NV and FL, the Dems win the White House.

Trump blows hot, but 2020 could leave him in the cold.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...chigan-polling
look at where you are getting your information: that should make you realize you are not getting information from objective reliable sources. You can hope, you can dream but you need to put a little objectivity into your brain. Polls tell very little as we all know and the left doesn't even have a candidate yet. When we down to real debates and not a bunch of people standing on a stage with little chance to debate, then we will have a better understanding as to what we can expect in 16 more months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections