Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:43 PM

6,634 posts, read 4,321,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Democrat created the rust belt and have no plans to derust it.

Trump needs the dems to campaign, so he can win.
Trump will likely win in a landslide now that Harris has made race a central focus of the campaign. The reality is that most whites and some blacks are strongly opposed to busing. When she attacked Biden with this, she essentially conceded the election to Trump. Trump will seize on this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 02:53 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,188,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Unfortunately- after last week's debates and hoopla, I fear you are correct. And the open borders are not even the only concern. I think a couple of people stuck in the basement have made their early rises at the expense of the party's prospects in the general.

What is particularly mind boggling is that the folks leading that charge either never won their own states (Beto) or come from deep blue states (Harris, Booker, etc.) Dems are running base election when 2016 made it abundantly clear they needed the middle/swing voters. .
Trump has never won his own state, so winning your own state isn't relevant.

I do agree with you though, I think for the Democrats to win, they shouldn't nominate someone from a deep blue state at this point unless it's Warren or Sanders, whose messages are more economic.

Klobuchar is from a midwestern purple state, won easily in 2018, and has never lost a race. I'm surprised she's not getting more support from those in power at the DNC. Pete is viable for a similar reason in spite of never winning his state. Donnelly was an extremely moderate Senator and couldn't get reelected in Indiana.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:55 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,188,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Nearly won? Did we watch the same election in 16? No way he wins, I'll say it again
Minnesota was very close in 2016, but you're right. I don't see Trump winning Minnesota in 2020. As another person said, approval numbers very low there currently.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Trump will likely win in a landslide now that Harris has made race a central focus of the campaign. The reality is that most whites and some blacks are strongly opposed to busing. When she attacked Biden with this, she essentially conceded the election to Trump. Trump will seize on this..
The president took questions from the media on Saturday following this week's Group of 20 (G-20) Summit in Osaka, Japan. In response to a question from NBC News correspondent Kristen Welker about the use of court-ordered busing to integrate school districts in the 1960s, '70s and '80s, Trump did not comment on the policy but instead observed that "there aren't that many ways you're going to get people to schools."

https://www.newsweek.com/president-d...chools-1446669

Old 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Fake news, and he's going to lose MI and PA this time around. He might still win FL, they are a true swing state, but he loses the other 3, I put money on it
You said that last time...Trump wins again and this time in a more decisive manner. The Dims have no one that can stand up to Trump, not even close.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You said that last time...Trump wins again and this time in a more decisive manner. The Dims have no one that can stand up to Trump, not even close.
I did? I didn't comment on the 2016 election on this forum at all in 2016, so you're putting words in my mouth, I didn't make my first post in P&OC until after the 2016 election

And no, he won't win, and yes, Sanders can easily beat tRump

Old 07-01-2019, 05:22 PM

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Quote:
This prediction is going to meet the same fate as this one:
Quote:
My only disappointment is that you and people like you will be disappointed with the rapid GDP growth that will definitely see in the coming year....Dems are headed for 2018 disaster.
And this one:
Quote:
True, fortunately the new tax reform will take effect in the next quarter and blow the roof off of slow GDP growth.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcity80 View Post
A couple of them flat out admitted to wanting open borders at the debate
I don't know what you watched, but the words I want open borders were never uttered

Old 07-01-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
It's gonna take more than that for the Dems.

Trump for sure is winning Minnesota
It's not happening^

Old 07-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Said the same thing about the rust belt in 2016.

Yes, it is happening.

Plus Trump is really going to run up those vote totals this time with no third party candidate
Nope, nice fantasy though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections