Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 06:12 PM

8,506 posts, read 8,825,111 times

Advertisements

I saw some article with a new poll today with Biden up 6. I thought it was ABC but maybe it was somebody else. I'll try to find it.

This poll reported today, has ABC News involvement and Biden leads by 6-7 points by different methods.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-poll-1396656

I don't think it is the article I saw earlier but it is probably the poll I saw referenced.

Castro tied with Buttigieg here at 4%.

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-03-2019 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 06:23 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,494,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
I saw some article with a new poll today with Biden up 6. I thought it was ABC but maybe it was somebody else. I'll try to find it.

This poll reported today, has ABC News involvement and Biden leads by 6-7 points by different methods.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-poll-1396656

I don't think it is the article I saw earlier but it is probably the poll I saw referenced.

Castro tied with Buttigieg here at 4%.
Adults was 6, Registered Voters was 11

Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 PM

8,506 posts, read 8,825,111 times
Ok. I see that now in the detailed report at Washington Post. That nuance was not addressed in the Politico story.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:12 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,128,791 times
This article actually sums it up well:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...tuck-at-bottom

Despite the dire headline:

On the day of the debate, Biden stood at 32% in the RealClearPolitics average of polls. Now, he is down four points, to 28%...

and

Harris has surged into third place, shooting up from 7% before the debate to 14.6% now...

So no real paradigm shifts. Kamala has her pop, and got her campaign off life support. She is now a narrow third, a hair below Sanders and a hair above Warren.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:53 PM

6,637 posts, read 4,324,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This article actually sums it up well:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...tuck-at-bottom

Despite the dire headline:

On the day of the debate, Biden stood at 32% in the RealClearPolitics average of polls. Now, he is down four points, to 28%...

and

Harris has surged into third place, shooting up from 7% before the debate to 14.6% now...

So no real paradigm shifts. Kamala has her pop, and got her campaign off life support. She is now a narrow third, a hair below Sanders and a hair above Warren.
I think her numbers will drop when people realize she thinks schools are still too segregated and is an advocate of forced busing. I suspect Biden will let her have it at the next debate. Of course, then the media will accuse him of being too assertive/combative.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:19 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
She has moved up but Biden still is in the lead. It will take more to move Harris, or Warren ahead of him. I don’t think the others including Sanders and Buttigieg the other with some hopes can pass him unless something major happens
Sanders had his chance back in 2016 but went easy on Crooked Hillary until it was too late.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:31 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,722,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I see him ahead of her by 2 points in the Quinnipiac, 22 to 20.

I think she just gave herself a ceiling, at least for awhile. Most people don't like to see a young lady berating and lying about a confused old man. She got a pop in the polls and fundraising, and might have hurt him for the moment, but she guaranteed that the old timers aren't going to vote for her.

The press saying that she won by citing a 40 year old, widely unpopular and no longer extant policy is yet another example of how out of touch they are, especially since she has her own issues with putting black people behind bars.

Enjoy your pop in the polls, Kamala. You just made it a lot harder on yourself in the long run. I picked you win in the beginning, and still do, but I think you actually just really hurt, not helped, your chances.
She twisted reality to suit herself with her charges against Biden. I lived in the region. I remember what was going on. She thinks she's really slick. She lost my consideration. We already have a liar in the white house.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:36 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,722,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I think her numbers will drop when people realize she thinks schools are still too segregated and is an advocate of forced busing. I suspect Biden will let her have it at the next debate. Of course, then the media will accuse him of being too assertive/combative.
There wasn't enough time for him to explain what was going on. It involved the feds coming into multiple jurisdictions in 3 states. I remember what happened. The look on his face said it all, if you knew. There wasn't time to explain it.

He needs to get on the nighttime talk shows where the formats gives time for an explanation.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM

6,637 posts, read 4,324,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There wasn't enough time for him to explain what was going on. It involved the feds coming into multiple jurisdictions in 3 states. I remember what happened. The look on his face said it all, if you knew. There wasn't time to explain it.

He needs to get on the nighttime talk shows where the formats gives time for an explanation.
He did a CNN interview. Looking like a low blow on her part.. My guess is this attack will end up hurting her more than helping.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:52 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times
It's hardly surprising that her staged, planned attack on Biden went over like a fart in church. As many predicted, it hurt both of them.

Until there's a ticket, after which you WON'T be seeing Never Kamalas or Never Bidens. Dems will support it regardless of who's running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections