Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 01:05 PM

22,069 posts, read 9,638,287 times

Advertisements

Biden saved big bucks using tax loophole Obama tried to close: Report

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financia...n-tax-loophole

....Biden released additional years’ worth of tax returns this week, revealing that he and his wife funneled profits from their books and speeches through S corporations, as first noted by The Wall Street Journal. The controversial tax savings strategy – which Obama had tried to close – saved the couple as much as $500,000....

Here, I will save you Democrats the trouble of commenting....

It was legal.
It's ok if it's a Democrat.
We only hate GOP millionaires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 03:01 PM

6,650 posts, read 4,366,417 times
At least he released his tax returns..

Old 07-10-2019, 10:17 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,656,385 times
Who cares ?

Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,082,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
At least he released his tax returns..

That's good. Now I'm looking forward to the other 49 dRAT candidates releasing theirs.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 AM

1,199 posts, read 641,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Biden saved big bucks using tax loophole Obama tried to close: Report

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financia...n-tax-loophole

....Biden released additional years’ worth of tax returns this week, revealing that he and his wife funneled profits from their books and speeches through S corporations, as first noted by The Wall Street Journal. The controversial tax savings strategy – which Obama had tried to close – saved the couple as much as $500,000....

Here, I will save you Democrats the trouble of commenting....

It was legal.
It's ok if it's a Democrat.
We only hate GOP millionaires.
What's your thesis? Is our system of using corporate loopholes to evade taxes bad, but it doesn't matter because Democrats do it too? Or is it good, and you applaud Biden for his rational self-interest?

I'll go first: It's bad when Democrats do it, and it's bad when Republicans do it, and we should stop providing wealthy people with more ways to lower their effective tax rate.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,608,341 times
All candidates should immediately stop releasing their tax returns. Apparently, it's no longer necessary.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:55 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,264,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
All candidates should immediately stop releasing their tax returns. Apparently, it's no longer necessary.
Yeah, Trump fighting to hide his is to hide his loopholes and .... who knows. He does.

It shows how the rich can get richer. Oh, necessary because they take the risk to create jobs and invigorate the economic investments we need with it.
  • We all need a Deutsche bank like Trump .... . But I thank them for giving Trump the financing to build Trump Tower Chicago. That much I do.
  • But luv how he kept getting his tax assessment lowered..... each year by a corrupt Alderman.
  • But if you admire Trump and stand by him ..... YOU HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON TO BASH BIDEN HERE.
  • Biden releasing his returns knowing he used a loophole .... still shows he isn't going to try to hide it. Now Trump must be .....
  • Not saying you whose quote I used. Just in general.

Last edited by DavePa; 07-11-2019 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections