Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win in 2020?
Trump 92 75.41%
Not Trump 30 24.59%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM

8,090 posts, read 7,002,904 times

Advertisements

It’s probably going to be Trump, with even less of the popular vote than last time. I could see A much smaller margin in Texas and PA flipping back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 08:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,567,517 times
Unless the Democrats get their chit together and stifle the current trend of the party being portrayed as the disjointed, tail-chasing-the-dog chit show it is currently...…

sorry to say, but the rising tide of intolerance we're witnessing in the U.S. causes one to presume Trump in a landslide.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:22 AM

52,426 posts, read 52,974,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump because the Dem nominee is going to be someone purple voters will not vote for. They will take the devil they know over the one promising health care for illegal aliens.
Swing voters and moderates aren't down with the message that the front runner dems are putting out there.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:26 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,201,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Clearly Trump. So clearly....and the why is so simple, yet so difficult for for others.

Trump is the sole candidate with the courage to be honest. That's it. Anyone else could have done it years ago, but none had the guts to smash the PC glass and boldly confront our enemies, both internal and external, head on. No Presidency in our recent history is more well-earned than Trump's.

He'll cruise easily to victory in 2020, but we'll need his brand of unbridled honesty for at least another 20 years after that before the infection that is today's left is once again safely confined to the fringes. Unfortunately, like most other deadly plagues, it will never be completely eradicated.

These are, quite unexpectedly, the most inspiring political times we've seen in our lifetimes. Even for those of us who have seen a dozen Presidents come and go. But continued hope will require as big a surprise in 2024 as 2016's was.
Is the above sarcasm? It's hard to tell these days...

To the OP, I think it is too early. I think we need to support whomever the Democrats nominate. My fear is that some will only support a nominee if they can pass a purity test. No, we need to start re-building our status in the world and, hopefully, heal by removing trump and his family from public office.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:30 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,201,075 times
I'll go with the cold hard facts:
  • Trump barely won 2016 by the skin of his teeth, by less than 100,000 votes spread across 3 states
  • Trump is down -15, -14, and -9 in those three battleground states
  • Trump is down -7 in Arizona
  • No matter what Trump does his approval rating is stuck in the low 40's
  • No matter what Trump does his disapproval rating is stuck in the mid 50's
Currently all of the data says the odds are Trump will not be reelected.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:34 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,861,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I'll go with the cold hard facts:
  • Trump barely won 2016 by the skin of his teeth, by less than 100,000 votes spread across 3 states
  • Trump is down -15, -14, and -9 in those three battleground states
  • Trump is down -7 in Arizona
  • No matter what Trump does his approval rating is stuck in the low 40's
  • No matter what Trump does his disapproval rating is stuck in the mid 50's
Currently all of the data says the odds are Trump will not be reelected.
This is true, but most conservatives believe that people don't answer polls honestly and that Trump's approval is up in the Rust Belt and his national approval rating is something more like 60-70%

Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 AM

1,768 posts, read 571,732 times
Trump is going to win because the Democrats cannot get their **** together and rally behind a single candidate. After the primaries, there will be a whiny contingent who "just can't bring themselves" to vote for the nominee because they only agree with 90% of their platform. And the Bernie Bros will complain that he got robbed again. I'm a lifelong Democrat but as Will Rogers said " I belong to no organized party, I am a Democrat."

We, as a party, are too picky. And we lose to the party that has somehow managed to convince its members to ride or die.

And if Trump announced in 2024 that he's just going to stay in office thanks, the cowardly Dem leadership would do nothing but tweet their strong disapproval.

Trump isn't leaving the White House until he dies.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM

10,133 posts, read 14,584,815 times
The antics of the Democrats have done them zero favors, especially as of late.

This "squad" nonsense is going to get Donald Trump re-elected. Even though I truly believe that these 4 junior Congresswomen do not "hate America," they most definitely come across as looking at America as a disappointment, and something to not be proud of.

That attitude resonates strongly in a negative way with the average American, and they do not like it.

Pelosi has lost control, and the Democrats moving so, so far left will result in Trump's re-election, I think.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:59 AM

19,773 posts, read 10,221,384 times
Whoever wins, the American people will lose.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,393,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I don't care who you support. I want to know who you think is going to win.
It's too soon to call for me at this point.

Could be Trump. Could be someone else. Got to see what happens between now and then.

In 2016, I was of the opinion that it could go either way. So was Trump, because he was talking up the "if Hillary wins, this is rigged" angle for awhile before the vote.

Man, was he surprised when he won.

LOL.

So, yeah... way too soon to offer up a reasonable guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections