Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win in 2020?
Trump 92 75.41%
Not Trump 30 24.59%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,393,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
The antics of the Democrats have done them zero favors, especially as of late.

This "squad" nonsense is going to get Donald Trump re-elected. Even though I truly believe that these 4 junior Congresswomen do not "hate America," they most definitely come across as looking at America as a disappointment, and something to not be proud of.

That attitude resonates strongly in a negative way with the average American, and they do not like it.

Pelosi has lost control, and the Democrats moving so, so far left will result in Trump's re-election, I think.
Not sure this is winning Trump any extra votes, really. Telling members of Congress to go back where they came from makes people who are not hardcore Trump supporters uncomfortable, even IF they don't particularly like the people that Trump is telling to go back where they came from.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:11 AM

33,605 posts, read 18,262,741 times
The dems are waiting for the Beast or Anti-Christ to appear so they can vote for him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 09:15 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,861,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The dems are waiting for the Beast or Anti-Christ to appear so they can vote for him..
I thought that was Obama?

Meanwhile, your man Trump exhibits more qualities of the Anti-Christ than Obama did. Even if I was still a believer, I could not support Trump. The belief that voting for a candidate that supports abortion and same-sex marriage makes the voter themselves guilty of those sins comes from Jerry Falwell and it is NOT Biblical. If that was the case, why does the standard that applies to abortion and gay marriage also apply to Trump's corruption and sexual infidelity?

Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,721,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
And......brutal for America and the world. Trump is a killer for freedom and all it stands for. IMO
You view more government control as freedom? Interesting.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:26 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,149,927 times
Trump will win.

The Democrats have lost their minds.

They need to move away from impeachment since they have been going at it for 3 years with no movement or success. They need to stop talking about Trump and start working together to make laws, changes, etc that benefit all USA citizens.

Politics has become a reality tv show. House of Cards made it look classy.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:29 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,861,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You view more government control as freedom? Interesting.
It's Republicans wanting to control who can love who, what women can do with their bodies, what kind of entertainment people have access to, and wants to throw people in jail for a plant. Republicans have lost all claim to being the party of small government and individual liberty.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:49 AM

10,135 posts, read 14,584,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not sure this is winning Trump any extra votes, really. Telling members of Congress to go back where they came from makes people who are not hardcore Trump supporters uncomfortable, even IF they don't particularly like the people that Trump is telling to go back where they came from.

I was surprised Trump tweeted what he did--this guy has b*lls that's for sure.

I think as uncomfortable as what Trump said was, it resonated with many people, and many people were thinking what Trump said.

I think in general, society has become so overly sensitive and offended at every twist and turn, that as shocking as Trump's honesty is, it comes across as a twist from the political BS norm.

I know many are yelling "racist," but that is becoming a tired label that some Democrats throw at anyone and everyone who disagrees with them lately. It's very much "the boy who cried wolf."

Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 AM

17,554 posts, read 9,354,476 times
The poll question is perfect. “Trump or Not Trump”.

“ I Not Trump is really not going to be a winning platform and it really doesn’t matter who the Democrats end up with for a Candidate..... they will be ruled by the Squad and Far Leftists.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:06 AM

14,176 posts, read 5,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Swing voters and moderates aren't down with the message that the front runner dems are putting out there.
+1 to your rep.

This is all of it, right here. When incumbents face a challenge, they have the natural advantage of voters not wishing to switch a horse midstream, especially when that horse is traversing the stream well.

Right now, the economy is as good as it has been in decades, and outside of liberal shrieking and Paul Krugman declaring that 2 + 2 = -71.4, most of America is happier about the economy than they were in 2016.

Right now, the employment situation in America is better than anytime since the 1960s. That's 50 years, people. Best jobs situation in 50 years. Say that again to let it sink in...50 years.

Right now, taxes are low(er) and 85% of people who collect paychecks have seen increases in their net income. Those increases might not impress Nancy Pelosi, but the average American is cool with even an extra $100 each month...really.

Right now, we are a net energy exporter and have zero dependence on foreign oil, which has been a "if you elect me, I will make us energy independent by such and such date" campaign promise since the 1970s oil embargos and fuel rationing. Under which presidency did that finally come true?

All of that, in the area outside the half dozen liberal enclave major cities that we refer to as "most of the freaking country", is good news, and it all happened while Trump was POTUS. He will spend a ton of time explaining that to everyone next year.

Now, to differentiate themselves and convince the swing and moderate voter to switch horses, they have to sell things not being done by Trump, but also convince you that it makes all of the above news better. Well, they are 100% aligned with unlimited immigration and open borders, which anyone with a brain can see as a negative to the employment situation. They've 100% aligned behind higher taxes and a bigger welfare state, and uhm, I think we know where taxes will go with those plans, and it ain't good. And finally, they have a plan to make energy cost more and be less reliable, that will also raise taxes.

Basically, outside locked in Dem voters and those suffering TDS, what is their selling point that gets a nonpartisan, sober voter to switch horses? Racist racist racist is about all they have, so you have to sell the idea that the economy that directly affects you is less of a priority than a guy running his mouth on Twitter, which doesn't really affect you. That's a tough sell.

And oh by the way, nobody ever had better command of where the cameras are pointed than Trump does.

Selling the rest of the country that isn't LA, San Fran, Chicago and NYC isn't going to happen with anything currently being peddled by the crop of 2020 Dems. Not to say they can't change messages, but the one they have now is a bust.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:07 AM

17,554 posts, read 9,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I was surprised Trump tweeted what he did--this guy has b*lls that's for sure.

I think as uncomfortable as what Trump said was, it resonated with many people, and many people were thinking what Trump said.

I think in general, society has become so overly sensitive and offended at every twist and turn, that as shocking as Trump's honesty is, it comes across as a twist from the political BS norm.

I know many are yelling "racist," but that is becoming a tired label that some Democrats throw at anyone and everyone who disagrees with them lately. It's very much "the boy who cried wolf."
What he said was that these CongressCritters had lots of problems in their own Districts. Detroit, New York City, Cincinnati... he did not say “leave the USA”. He basically said they should work on their problems at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections