Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 07:24 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,924,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
This really is a waste of time. My policy has always been not to communicate with MAGAts. And I stuck to it 95% of the time until I rejoined CD. I have better things to do. Bye.
Cool! I hear the Venezuela forum may be more to your liking ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 07:30 AM

34,353 posts, read 18,736,665 times
Gay Pete is a lightweight for sure, and in more than just in his loafers. You can't get half the potential voters racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. First, they aren't and second, it really angers people to be FALSELY ACCUSED.

Call them Trumpies, Trumpkins, Trumplings, Trumpettes, etc all you want. (like immature, little girls) The bottom line is THEY VOTE, and this will only make MORE of them VOTE.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,624,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
We must not have read the same article. He said he will never get committed racists' votes, so he's not going to try. The headline above should say "Pete Buttigieg Writes Off Some Donald Trump Supporters as 'Committed Racists'." Breitbart can skew a headline just as well as CNN.
And he's right. What would be the point in Mayor Pete trying to gain the votes of the SEND HER BACK devotee chanters?

Waste of time.

Those folks are lost to anyone who believes in equality of any kind. Leave them be reveling in their fake patriotism.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Gay Pete is a lightweight for sure, and in more than just in his loafers. You can't get half the potential voters racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. First, they aren't and second, it really angers people to be FALSELY ACCUSED.

Call them Trumpies, Trumpkins, Trumplings, Trumpettes, etc all you want. (like immature, little girls) The bottom line is THEY VOTE, and this will only make MORE of them VOTE.
They are NOT voting for Mayor Pete. Ever.

So, yes, he's right that he shouldn't waste his time on those voters. They are the ones who will vote for Trump even if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue.

Smart candidates move on.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:32 AM

34,353 posts, read 18,736,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They are NOT voting for Mayor Pete. Ever.

So, yes, he's right that he shouldn't waste his time on those voters. They are the ones who will vote for Trump even if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue.

Smart candidates move on.
Smart candidates don't alienate potential voters. There may be some undecides that voted for Trump before that may consider voting for someone else. Also, it angers people who may have stayed home to come out an vote. It would be NAIVE, unwise, and politically DUMB to think otherwise.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:41 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,130,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
This really is a waste of time. My policy has always been not to communicate with MAGAts. And I stuck to it 95% of the time until I rejoined CD. I have better things to do. Bye.
Wow! All because I said Buttigieg is unlikely to be the VP pick.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Smart candidates don't alienate potential voters. There may be some undecides that voted for Trump before that may consider voting for someone else. Also, it angers people who may have stayed home to come out an vote. It would be NAIVE, unwise, and politically DUMB to think otherwise.
He didn't write of potential voters or all Trump supporters - he was speaking strictly of the SEND HER BACK chanters. Per the article posted:

"Asked by a reporter if he would try to win over the Trump supporters who engaged in that chant, Buttigieg said, “No.”

“The reality is there are a lot of committed racists whose vote I’m never going to get and that’s alright,” Buttigieg said."

Old 07-21-2019, 04:13 PM

29,239 posts, read 22,516,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They called the 2016 election correctly and said russiagate was fake. 100% correct. How did your source do? <crickets>
All you get when you try to go back 3 years is crickets. Old crickets, as Trump and the world has moved on.

2016 was Brietbart's peak as an influencer. That was mostly due to Bannon, who ran the joint, but once he left for the White House, there was no one who could take over Bannon's one-man show, and Brietbart faced a mutiny from its best writers and journalists.
Most of them decamped for greener pastures elsewhere. Brietbart has now lost 90% of its readership and all of it's former respectability in the far-right circles where it was 2016's place for conservative gospel.

Bannon himself isn't even interested in trying to recover his 2016 status now. He spends most of his time in Europe where the far right there is more responsive to his blather.

Trump is now showing more signs of mental imbalance in 2019 than was evidenced in 2016. He was still firmly anchored to his agenda in 2016, but now, he's lost his mooring and is ship is adrift, floating in whatever direction the passing tides pull it.

I know how much you love living in the past, but the past is noting but an empty paint bucket.

The bucket remains, while the paint has long been applied and is now fully cured, dry, and aging. You can't go back into the past to re-apply the paint that was fresh then again 3 years later to today. This is 2019, not 2016.

I don't expect you won't keep trying though. Everyone has a best year. Some folks get stuck living their best year over and over for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:35 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,412,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks like it's over for Pete Buttigieg. He falls right into Trump's trap and calls millions of potential voters "racist".

Seems that even being a Rhodes Scholar doesn't give one much common sense.

Pete Buttigieg Writes Off Donald Trump Supporters as ‘Committed Racists’

(Democrats will never win elections if they keep writing vast portions of the USA)
Breitbart is a Right Wing crazy site. Don’t believe any of their so called reporting. Let’s see this info on a valid site.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:03 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,412,576 times
Quote:

People who live in my community are for the most part dyed-in-the wool Republicans. Even some who are registered Independents will say, “I’m an Independent, but I would never vote for a Democrat.” LOL

Most of my friends here are Republican. Some are sorry they voted for Trump, but I don’t feel like they will necessarily vote Democratic. I think they will stay home, sadly.

Party above all, especially with Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections