Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Obama closed the deal Feb 5th.

Hillary stated that this would be over by Feb 5th and she was correct.
Except that she thought she would be the winner that night.
Excellent post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Obama's campaign is reminding me of Schwarzenegger's run for governor. I think that his supporters were attracted to his stage presence and charisma, and the fact that he was a fresh face to politics. Schwarzenegger was suppose to fix California because he wasn't going to do things the old school way. He was going to approach everything differently... and look at California now. Big budget deficits, shutting down the state parks to cut costs... promising change is all well and good but there has to be a real plan to follow. Then count on all the old school politicians in the state legistature continuing to do things the same old way.

And being a US president is a lot more difficult a job than being a governor.

It's find to talk about reinventing the wheel, but talk is cheap. And our government has evolved into what it is today because of human nature. Real change that works and stays is only going to be from working with what we already have. Slow and steady wins the race. Obama is coming across to many as only a flash in the pan. That's why he can't close the deal. That's why he is still lacking in enough delegate votes to win the nomination.

You keep telling yourself that if that's a safe place for you to be. Keep hope alive!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 PM

9 posts, read 28,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
If Obama is such hot stuff, then why can't he close the deal?
He has more money than Hillary, and he has supporters willing to run in front of him picking up coffee cups like Halle Berry and a wife that is really, really proud, and folks like Christ Matthews with chills running up his leg when he speaks, so what can't he win?? What is wrong with him?
I think he has a problem saying stuff like the whole San Francisco speech...he also should have distanced himself further from his pastor...that being said, I still believe in him.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I think it is obvious that neither Obama or Clinton has a majority in the democartic party. It is like the nation;split.But that is demcarcvy in action. Kerry and Gore had much more support than either.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 PM

728 posts, read 1,676,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He has already won. The rest of this "race" is merely a formality. Your Hillary had all the advantages at the onset, overwhelmingly so. SHE could not close the deal as it was planned for her to do.

So, try again.
If this race were merely a formality, Obama would be turning his sights on McCain. He wouldn't be opening campaign offices in Kentucky, in hopes of pulling a few delegates. Neither have the delegate count to wrap this thing up, and it will more than likely go to the convention. Since Obama has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth, I'm sure there will be several more PR crisis for his Holiness Obama.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Because he is a far left liberal loon. I think a Texas Armadillo could bet him.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
If Obama is such hot stuff, then why can't he close the deal?
He has more money than Hillary, and he has supporters willing to run in front of him picking up coffee cups like Halle Berry and a wife that is really, really proud, and folks like Christ Matthews with chills running up his leg when he speaks, so what can't he win?? What is wrong with him?
Well not everyone wants Obama in office as the majority of the media would hope. Obama is not a candidate of my choice, and I dont think I could ever support him as much as I support Hillary Clinton. He did alot of damage so much already, and he's not even in office.
Woot Hillary

Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He has already won. The rest of this "race" is merely a formality. Your Hillary had all the advantages at the onset, overwhelmingly so. SHE could not close the deal as it was planned for her to do.

So, try again.
If that were true, we wouldn't have another thread every three days calling for Hillary to quit. She wouldn't be polling very high in PA, and the race would be over. As it stands, the superdelegates WILL decide the race since neither candidate will have the number of delegates needed to win on the first count. That could change if either candidate really screws up between now and the convention, but the 250 undeclared supers will be the ones that truly matter.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:53 AM

439 posts, read 605,841 times
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Good question. And he is going up against one of the most wildly disliked public figures one could find and he can't close the deal. And his supporters seemed so concerned that they're practically begging his opponent to quit before it's over.
The all important question is Why was this race not over after Super Tuesday. Clinton thought it was going to be over and she was going to be the winner. What Happened, Why can't she close the deal here. With all her experience and the ability to duck sniper fire over and over again. My question is Why isn't Hillary the nom already.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:08 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
He cannot close the deal because as time goes by people are finding out about his dirty laundry and running from him.

On top of that his mouth and racist hate for whites is showing up more and more.

He will be destroyed by convention time, it's just a matter of time.

I like the liberal loon post, guess as a former liberal I never thought of the democrat party being so divided and he is the leader of the loon side of the party or the out of touch with reality side of the party.

What happened to the idea of him being different then anyone, he has taken more $$$ from corporate people then any of the candidates.

NO WAY TO OBAMA !!

Keep the hope alive that he is not given a chance to destroy our country even worse then it already is. He has divided this country all by himself and he is not even the President, so what will he do if we are stupid enough to elect this racist nut.
Can't you people see this racist man is a black and white divider? He is not a leader or a uniter, he is a destroyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections