U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:54 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,852,701 times

Advertisements

If Obama is such hot stuff, then why can't he close the deal?
He has more money than Hillary, and he has supporters willing to run in front of him picking up coffee cups like Halle Berry and a wife that is really, really proud, and folks like Christ Matthews with chills running up his leg when he speaks, so what can't he win?? What is wrong with him?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Noc

1,436 posts, read 1,934,794 times
He can't win b/c the race isn't over. What's your point? The race will be over when the Democratic convention comes and a decision is made - I don't think I'd have to state the obvious - or did I.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,874,458 times
Hopefully, he can't and won't win because he is not a viable candidate. And still in the "race", because The Hill is such an objectionable character herself. So there is noone qualified, he is just villing a void.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM

41,313 posts, read 42,336,546 times
Because the votes that truly count, the superdelegates, are waiting to see how he does in the big states. If he can't win a majority of white and independent voters in those states, no way can he win the general.

So far, Hill&Bill have won the big swing states.

His supporters are the kook-left, the young kook-left, and the black vote.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 24,619,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
If Obama is such hot stuff, then why can't he close the deal?
He has more money than Hillary, and he has supporters willing to run in front of him picking up coffee cups like Halle Berry and a wife that is really, really proud, and folks like Christ Matthews with chills running up his leg when he speaks, so what can't he win?? What is wrong with him?
Ah... seems to me that he IS winning, the race is just not done yet.

What's your point - that the race is close?
No suprise there.
The Clintons have been the "superstars" of the Democratic party for quite a few years now and Hillary has a lot of fans.

The race will be over when the all the states have had their primaries and one candidate or the other concedes.

It's as simple as that.

Ken

Old 04-16-2008, 11:33 AM

439 posts, read 573,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because the votes that truly count, the superdelegates, are waiting to see how he does in the big states. If he can't win a majority of white and independent voters in those states, no way can he win the general.

So far, Hill&Bill have won the big swing states.

His supporters are the kook-left, the young kook-left, and the black vote.
Big States like Texas and Ohio where between both 214,000 Republican voted for Hillary because they want her to go up against their McCain. They won't vote for Hillary in the General. Many have stated that they only voted for her in the Primary so that McCain could and would beat her in the General. So take away those votes and who really won the big States. NOT HILLARY

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM

7,730 posts, read 13,387,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Big States like Texas and Ohio where between both 214,000 Republican voted for Hillary because they want her to go up against their McCain. They won't vote for Hillary in the General. Many have stated that they only voted for her in the Primary so that McCain could and would beat her in the General. So take away those votes and who really won the big States. NOT HILLARY
Has anyone contacted everyone that voted to be sure this is the case?

Old 04-16-2008, 11:40 AM

605 posts, read 873,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Yup, I live in Texas, and I know plenty of people who voted for Hillary because they believe McCain can beat her.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM

41,313 posts, read 42,336,546 times
Quote:
Yup, I live in Texas, and I know plenty of people who voted for Hillary because they believe McCain can beat her.
Plenty is not 214,000.

No way to verify/confirm that was the intenton of the voters.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:23 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,368,276 times
Because he is a far left liberal loon. I think a Texas Armadillo could bet him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections