Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:56 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,730,502 times

Advertisements

The candidates are so busy bickering that they don't address real issues - illegal immigration, for one.

A drunk illegal with 4 prior drunk driving arrests hit and killed a little 7-yr old boy playing in his grandmother's yard yesterday in NC.

The Immigration topic has a report of an illegal immigrant stabbing to death a mother of 5 in Texas.

When are we going to send them all back?

Hillary wanted to give them all drivers licenses, but has now changed her mind. Barack is for change, period. With all the bickering going on between the two of them, I can't figure out where they stand on the real issues facing the country (illegal immigration only being one of them).

Last edited by swbtoo; 04-19-2008 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,876,184 times
the candidates don't talk about the problems. they only talk about what they are going to give everyone. it's lip service paid to the ignorant voter.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:57 AM

526 posts, read 1,485,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
A drunk illegal with 4 prior drunk driving arrests hit and killed a little 7-yr old boy playing in his grandmother's yard yesterday in NC. ..... When are we going to send them all back?
I don't like your line of reasoning -- seems it is guilt by association and that should send shivers up everyone's spine.

Suppose an illegal died and donated his organs to a relative of yours -- still want to send them all back?

No -- the whole illegal issue should be settled on the proposition: is it permissible for citizens of a foreign state be allowed to illegally enter the United States, live here and be entitled to the rights of citizenship?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:45 AM

39 posts, read 144,409 times
Obama scares the daylights out of me.
I think he's a leftist, America hating loony.
I'm ready for a black president. But I want someone with the character of a Louis Gosset Jr, Denzel Washington, or Morgan Freeman, for Pete's sake! Not a brainwasher with so many terrorist ties.
For me, THAT's the important issue. Can you imagine the power Rev Wright will have is Barrack gets in the White House?
Ohmygosh. I gotta go with Hil. She might be ambitious, but she's all for America.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,124,636 times
Obama is for granting illegal aliens driving licenses. As he said in one of his speeches "they are going to have to drive to work whether they have a license or not". Evendently Obama and McCain are in agreement on this issue because McCain said "Driver's licenses will give law enforcement a way of positively identifying illegal aliens".

So Obama and McCain are for giving ILLEGAL ALIENS driver's licenses.

It should be pointed out that ILLEGAL ALIENS have a much higher rate of DWI arrests than the rest of the population.

It should also be pointed out that ILLEGAL ALIENS often drive cars without insurance!!

Other issues that matter

Gun Control. Obama supported the right of a municipality (DC) to ban handguns. TRUE! Shop owners cannot have a gun to protect themselves in their own businesses! OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Abortion. Obama supported a bill in Illinois while he was in the state legislature that allowed Abortion clinics to inject lethal doses of saline into living fetuses inside their mother's womb to stop their little hearts from beating and murder them! OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,675,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshAmerican View Post
Obama scares the daylights out of me.
I think he's a leftist, America hating loony.
I'm ready for a black president. But I want someone with the character of a Louis Gosset Jr, Denzel Washington, or Morgan Freeman, for Pete's sake! Not a brainwasher with so many terrorist ties.
For me, THAT's the important issue. Can you imagine the power Rev Wright will have is Barrack gets in the White House?
Ohmygosh. I gotta go with Hil. She might be ambitious, but she's all for America.
Welsh, I bet if Gosset, Freeman and DEFINITELY Washington ran for president the media would find plenty of quotes to take out of context and present them as America hating Black Panther supporters. The fact of being a black American is that you have a pretty good idea of what America's ugly backside looks like. That doesn't mean you hate the country (of course you might, as some whites do), but if you do love it (as most black people I know do -- I've met most of them in the Army) you love it despite its very serious flaws and injustices.

Large swaths of white America seem completely loony when it comes to their perception of this nation .. it's the greatest on God's green Earth! The greatest that ever was! An empire fueled by justice and righteousness! It will never fall! God himself (HIM got that?) sustains it!

One of the reasons we need a black president is that he or she would come from a culture that doesn't put forth this hogwash.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,124,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Welsh, I bet if Gosset, Freeman and DEFINITELY Washington ran for president the media would find plenty of quotes to take out of context and present them as America hating Black Panther supporters. The fact of being a black American is that you have a pretty good idea of what America's ugly backside looks like. That doesn't mean you hate the country (of course you might, as some whites do), but if you do love it (as most black people I know do -- I've met most of them in the Army) you love it despite its very serious flaws and injustices.

Large swaths of white America seem completely loony when it comes to their perception of this nation .. it's the greatest on God's green Earth! The greatest that ever was! An empire fueled by justice and righteousness! It will never fall! God himself (HIM got that?) sustains it!

One of the reasons we need a black president is that he or she would come from a culture that doesn't put forth this hogwash.
THIS IS THE MOST RACIST POST I HAVE EVER READ ON HERE!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM

600 posts, read 1,085,478 times
why wont they talk about immigration?!?! come on!!! this is obvious! they want the illeagal vote. They only want to win! I thought that went without saying.

They dont give a crap what they have to say to win, they simply want to win. Therefore they wont touch tough issues like Abortion, Immigration, and RARELY do they touch gun rights...

Old 04-19-2008, 01:39 PM

600 posts, read 1,085,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

anyone read 1984?

Old 04-19-2008, 02:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,274,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
why wont they talk about immigration?!?! come on!!! this is obvious! they want the illeagal vote. They only want to win! I thought that went without saying.

They dont give a crap what they have to say to win, they simply want to win. Therefore they wont touch tough issues like Abortion, Immigration, and RARELY do they touch gun rights...
since when do illegals get to vote???

although they are pretty cheap labour for fat americans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections