Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 07:28 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,391,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have no problem with you arguing that the word asset has a greater meaning and that some will be confused by it.

However, you seem to deny the fact that russia is favoring a candidate and set up fake social media profiles to prop up that candidate.
Russia always tries to influence elections, just as we do. Noone is arguing that point. The point is that to argue and claim that Tulsi and Stein are assets, suggesting they are working with the Russians, or that Trump worked with the Russians is absolutely false and assinine.

People like Hillary and also the media have worked tirelessly to conflate the term asset with interference. If Russia prefers Jill Stein, that does not make her an asset of the Russians.

Just admit it - you worship Hillary Clinton and think she can do no wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Oh I'm 100% familiar with what a bot is. What I'm telling you is that there is a rather giant swath of real people with established accounts who have had them for years who are regularly flagged and temp-banned for being a bot account -- but they aren't. If I ventured into the maelstrom that is Twitter more often, I expect that I would be flagged and temp-banned as a bot account too. Something about the squishy center -- we tend to get mistreated by both sides for even daring to enter the conversation.

That Styxhexenhammer guy that I linked you has been repeatedly flagged, detected and otherwise called a Russian bot. Well, he's a real person, so the methodology for detecting an actual Russian bot is quite clearly incredibly flawed.

So sure, you might want to claim that there are thousands of Russian bot accounts stumping for Tulsi. How do you know that they're not just real people with zero connection to Russia who just happen to genuinely like Tulsi Gabbard? Somebody might even feel inspired by Tulsi, hop on the Twatter for the first time in their life and start speaking out about how awesome she is. Real people do that sort of thing you know.

You'd have to clear up all the false positives where a real and completely non-Russian person is detected and counted as a Russian bot. The fact that it happens so much puts the entire premise on shaky ground.
Im not talking about the real people, im talking about the actual bots.

Also. Twitter has rules when it comes to second accounts. Most of the people you name probably violate those rules( i had a second account, not even political, it was satire, and it got banned)

Old 10-20-2019, 07:35 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,373,799 times
Hilary is f..... CRAZY, Yo. Much like her followers that’s defending her hallucinations.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,897,898 times
Quote:
I have no problem with you arguing that the word asset has a greater meaning and that some will be confused by it.

However, you seem to deny the fact that russia is favoring a candidate and set up fake social media profiles to prop up that candidate.
And when we stop doing it to other countries we will have the moral right to complain. Until then we need to tuck tail and produce better candidates hold them accountable and hold our news media accountable. Enough reporting using false videos to drive the agenda. Enough reporting agenda over fact.

Every country has favorites. Why do we give Israel and AIPAC a free pass? I don't think there is ant one nation that influences our government more or has more influence than Israel.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And when we stop doing it to other countries we will have the moral right to complain. Until then we need to tuck tail and produce better candidates hold them accountable and hold our news media accountable. Enough reporting using false videos to drive the agenda. Enough reporting agenda over fact.

Every country has favorites. Why do we give Israel and AIPAC a free pass? I don't think there is ant one nation that influences our government more or has more influence than Israel.
But, according to Hillary, if a country 'likes' someone, then that makes her an 'asset' which suggests she is working with them.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

Just admit it - you worship Hillary Clinton and think she can do no wrong.
Everyone is capable of doing wrong, but wrong is in the eye of the beholder. You and I do not ideologically agree based on your posts.

Me disagreeing with you do does not mean I worship Clinton anymore than it does you "worshiping" Trump, or Stein or whoever you voted for.

Quote:
Russia always tries to influence elections, just as we do. Noone is arguing that point. The point is that to argue and claim that Tulsi and Stein are assets, suggesting they are working with the Russians, or that Trump worked with the Russians is absolutely false and assinine.

People like Hillary and also the media have worked tirelessly to conflate the term asset with interference. If Russia prefers Jill Stein, that does not make her an asset of the Russians.
You have a right to your opinion in bold, i simply disagree on the definition of asset. an asset is simply useful, it doesnt mean you own it. But I can acknowledge that not everyone will see it that way.

I would add, take your own advice, dont conflate the word or views of other.... like saying I "worship" someone just because I disagree with you.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
But, according to Hillary, if a country 'likes' someone, then that makes her an 'asset' which suggests she is working with them.
The last time a Democrat called out AIPAC, they got called an anti-Semite.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:43 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,452,181 times
Quote:

America doesn't just interfere with foriegn elections, we overthrow governments we don't like.

Your friend Hillary was involved with such events recently in Haiti and Ecuador.

The point is we don't have a functioning democracy, we have a group of special interest controlling our government; domestic or foriegn, it doesn't matter.

Russia being against US imperialism means they'll support the anti-imperialist candidate like Ron Paul or Tulsi Gabbard. In fact that should make you happy, Russia has done far less to America than many domestic interest groups.

MSNBC is insinuating that she is not against Russia interference because she has not come out against it? What does interference mean?

Many of the 'bot' checks are done from unnamed sources who pick out who they choose for political reason.

None of these people are 'assets'. Only lunatics would believe that. Hillary is an extreme lunatic who worships war and corporate power.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Everyone is capable of doing wrong, but wrong is in the eye of the beholder. You and I do not ideologically agree based on your posts.

Me disagreeing with you do does not mean I worship Clinton anymore than it does you "worshiping" Trump, or Stein or whoever you voted for.

You have a right to your opinion in bold, i simply disagree on the definition of asset. an asset is simply useful, it doesnt mean you own it. But I can acknowledge that not everyone will see it that way.

I would add, take your own advice, dont conflate the word or views of other.... like saying I "worship" someone just because I disagree with you.
Fair argument on your part. I will point out, however, that most of us who opposed and continue to oppose Hillary have done so because of her globalist, war-mongering, corruption. Be it Trump, Jill Stein, or Bernie, anyone is better than her. And for her to suggest that anyone who opposes her is an 'ASSET' of Russia is outrageous.

I simply do not see how you can go out of your way to defend her in post after post.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:44 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times
Should this thread be on the Election page?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections