Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:27 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times

Advertisements

I honestly think that they can make the US truly great again unlike Trump who has divided this country to the point that many Democrats and Republicans hate each other. I also believe that they’ll bring back mature, responsible behavior to the White House, and work with our allies instead of our enemies. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 09:43 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
Wall Street Pete? Aka Pete the Shapeshifter, aka Platitude Pete? No thanks, I've had my fill of this clown and I think the love affair with him is finally coming to a close.

My dream ticket is Bernie/Warren. The second person on the ticket just needs to be a progressive for it to be a "dream" ticket for me.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:50 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Some Bernie and Warren supporters are starting to hate on Pete and are getting upset about it and going on the attack.

Some of these tactics can screw the D party. This can cause the Ds to lose the general election due to the rhetoric within the D party. Paid disinformation trolls will pick-up on this and further divide the party. This was an easy thing the trolls did in 2016. The picked up on the Bernie supporters being upset over Clinton and the trolls caused even more upset by acting like upset Bernie supporters, to rile up other Bernie supporters. In reality they were trolls purposely trying to divide the Dems by causing friction. Some acted like Clinton supporters that were antagonizing Bernie supporters to get them to hate Clinton so much that they would stay home in the General Election.

This could happen again and might already be happening. Easy pickings with misinformation campaigns. Trolls acting like real people to get other people riled up.

Last edited by sware2cod; 12-17-2019 at 10:59 AM..

Old 12-17-2019, 09:51 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
My "dream ticket" was always Annette Funicello/Yvette Mimieux - Just as likely to happen as Mayor Pete/Abrams, and back in the day, much easier on the eyes.

But we all have different dreams. Mayor Pete, upon closer inspection, isn't who all the libs thought he was.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:01 AM

1,838 posts, read 676,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Some Bernie and Warren supporters are starting to hate on Pete and are getting upset about it and going to the attack.

Some of these tactics can screw the D party. This can cause the Ds to lose the general election due to the rhetoric within the D party. Paid disinformation trolls will pick-up on this and further divide the party. This was an easy thing the trolls did in 2016. The picked up on the Bernie supporters being upset over Clinton and the trolls caused even more upset
I think this is the time to challenge Mayor Pete on his background/record and his positions. The left hopes that by going on the attack, Mayor Pete can at least be influenced to move a little Left.

By late Spring, early summer (June) though, the Democrats should unite and have a candidate. Anything too late screws the D party.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:10 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I honestly think that they can make the US truly great again unlike Trump who has divided this country to the point that many Democrats and Republicans hate each other. I also believe that they’ll bring back mature, responsible behavior to the White House, and work with our allies instead of our enemies. Thoughts?
Buttigieg/Abrams, novelty ticket, both are all talk! Dream ticket, Hillary (President)/Biden (VP).

Old 12-17-2019, 03:23 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Some Bernie and Warren supporters are starting to hate on Pete and are getting upset about it and going on the attack.

Some of these tactics can screw the D party. This can cause the Ds to lose the general election due to the rhetoric within the D party. Paid disinformation trolls will pick-up on this and further divide the party. This was an easy thing the trolls did in 2016. The picked up on the Bernie supporters being upset over Clinton and the trolls caused even more upset by acting like upset Bernie supporters, to rile up other Bernie supporters. In reality they were trolls purposely trying to divide the Dems by causing friction. Some acted like Clinton supporters that were antagonizing Bernie supporters to get them to hate Clinton so much that they would stay home in the General Election.

This could happen again and might already be happening. Easy pickings with misinformation campaigns. Trolls acting like real people to get other people riled up.
^^THIS^^ is definitely happening. Scares the ish out of me.

We’ve learned nothing.

On topic: Yes, Buttigieg and Abrams would be great. I just worry about experience. I’ll offer a Buttigieg and Susan Rice ticket?

Old 12-17-2019, 05:02 PM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
On topic: Yes, Buttigieg and Abrams would be great. I just worry about experience. I’ll offer a Buttigieg and Susan Rice ticket?
I think Buttigieg and Deval Patrick would be the superior choice as he brings much-needed experience to the ticket being a former two-term governor, civil rights lawyer, and businessman.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Is this a joke or sarcasm... I can't tell which on a thread like this... Unite the country? Oh I get it lying is a Democrats first go to strategy.... Oh yeah, I can see a lot of love they neighbor when they can't even do it when they lose...

Old 12-17-2019, 06:50 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times
Quote:
I thought the country was "never great".

You want impression over substance. WE ARE NOT PLAYING YOUR FEEL GOOD GAME!

I would rather have the most repulsive candidate who does what he says than a "feel good" candidate.

THE BS IS OVER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Is this a joke or sarcasm... I can't tell which on a thread like this... Unite the country? Oh I get it lying is a Democrats first go to strategy.... Oh yeah, I can see a lot of love they neighbor when they can't even do it when they lose...
I used to believe these kind of threads were trolls. Not anymore.
They actually believe their BS! Welcome to the "participation culture"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I think Buttigieg and Deval Patrick would be the superior choice as he brings much-needed experience to the ticket being a former two-term governor, civil rights lawyer, and businessman.
See?

They deem themselves "superior" constantly.

We all have "those people we know" who are arrogant, know better than anyone, full of themselves. Right?

Do you consider them your friends?
NO, you just KNOW THEM.

THAT is who the Dem's have become. Just people "you know" and do not respect, trust, care about, maybe even despise.

They are completely oblivious to you, couldn't care less about your opinion. They basically suck.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-17-2019 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections