Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times

Advertisements

On tonight's CNN Compassion and Faith forum Obama brought out the big guns in an attempt to posture his bitterness remark. He has been justifiably criticized for catagorizing small town Pensylvanians as "bitter and clinging to their guns and bibles". Obama has made several attempts to blunt the criticism by modifying his original statement but to no avail. The statement seems to be snowballing and people are turning in disgust from the patronizing junior senator from Illinois.

Obama's latest attempt tonight on CNN's popular Compassion and Faith program had Obama constantly referring to his "faith". Over and over he used the word trying to guide the observer into thinking he was religious I guess. Frankly I thought it was a little put on...and he kept studdering too. Then, perhaps out of frustration because he wasn't making any progress he let slip the statement that "....they are bitter in my neighborhood too, southside Chicago." That brought a round of enthusiastic applause from the Obama supporters around him who were just itching to applaud something, anything, mostly out of boredom. I was left wondering, as I am sure most observers were that if they were bitter in da Southside projects hood they were probably clinging to their guns and crackpipes.

Obama had already screwed up an obviously prepared and rehearsed question on poverty. An Obama placed audience member read from a cue card asking OBama if he would go on record as promisning to cut US povery in half in 10 years. Obama rambled around for a good 2 minutes blaming the Republicans for poverty, leaky commodes and bitterness. Then he said "I will promise to reduce povery in the US by half in 10 years with humility".

Now, most people know a president's term is 4 years, 8 if he is re-elected. I guess we are to believe that either Obama is planning on 2 1/2 terms or he is going to reduce poverty by 1/2 for 2 more years as a private citizen. Of course Obama offered no plan for reducing poverty except....get this...this is freakin hillarious....reducing taxes! Remember this is the candidate that has already said he is going to raise taxes!

Another Obama flip-flop!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:35 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
On tonight's CNN Compassion and Faith forum Obama brought out the big guns in an attempt to posture his bitterness remark. He has been justifiably criticized for catagorizing small town Pensylvanians as "bitter and clinging to their guns and bibles". Obama has made several attempts to blunt the criticism by modifying his original statement but to no avail. The statement seems to be snowballing and people are turning in disgust from the patronizing junior senator from Illinois.

Obama's latest attempt tonight on CNN's popular Compassion and Faith program had Obama constantly referring to his "faith". Over and over he used the word trying to guide the observer into thinking he was religious I guess. Frankly I thought it was a little put on...and he kept studdering too. Then, perhaps out of frustration because he wasn't making any progress he let slip the statement that "....they are bitter in my neighborhood too, southside Chicago." That brought a round of enthusiastic applause from the Obama supporters around him who were just itching to applaud something, anything, mostly out of boredom. I was left wondering, as I am sure most observers were that if they were bitter in da Southside projects hood they were probably clinging to their guns and crackpipes.

Obama had already screwed up an obviously prepared and rehearsed question on poverty. An Obama placed audience member read from a cue card asking OBama if he would go on record as promisning to cut US povery in half in 10 years. Obama rambled around for a good 2 minutes blaming the Republicans for poverty, leaky commodes and bitterness. Then he said "I will promise to reduce povery in the US by half in 10 years with humility".

Now, most people know a president's term is 4 years, 8 if he is re-elected. I guess we are to believe that either Obama is planning on 2 1/2 terms or he is going to reduce poverty by 1/2 for 2 more years as a private citizen. Of course Obama offered no plan for reducing poverty except....get this...this is freakin hillarious....reducing taxes! Remember this is the candidate that has already said he is going to raise taxes!

Another Obama flip-flop!!!!!
I pride you on your attempts to sway Obama supporters but their blinded good luck.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:47 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,979 times
I think saying he made his situation worse by saying people in his naighborhood are bitter too... then ur grasping at straws.

but i do find it hillarious he wants to lower taxs, yet raise them, while lowering the raised taxes to a higher lowerish kinda all time cheap high... you know?

Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
"....they are bitter in my neighborhood too, Southside Chicago."
Gee... Obama hasn't been able to cure the bitterness in his neighborhood yet? And he's been there 20 years. So why should I believe that he can bring hope and change to the rest of the nation? If anything, Obama should have been able to boast that he's already brought hope and change to his part of Chicago, so therefore he can do it elsewhere. But he isn't able to say that... so... so much for his super powers.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
uh ... given that I've known about the south-side of Chicago struggling with poverty and violence since I was a child (I grew up in the south burbs), since before Obama was born, and as someone whose father has been inside said projects, knowing people who lived in them, to expect a single individual to be able to solve said problem singlehandedly is just plain damn ignorant. Whenever I hear people make this argument, I don't know whether or not to laugh or weep at their cluelessness.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
uh ... given that I've known about the south-side of Chicago struggling with poverty since I was a child, and since before Obama was born, and I'm speaking as someone whose father has been inside said projects, knowing people who lived in them, to expect a single individual to be able to solve said problem is just plain damn ignorant. Whenever I hear people make this argument, I don't know whether or not to laugh or weep at their cluelessness.
ill have to agree, its like the whole "If hillary couldnt please her husband, how is she supposed to please the us?" its just kind of a dumb argument.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
uh ... given that I've known about the south-side of Chicago struggling with poverty and violence since I was a child (I grew up in the south burbs), since before Obama was born, and as someone whose father has been inside said projects, knowing people who lived in them, to expect a single individual to be able to solve said problem singlehandedly is just plain damn ignorant. Whenever I hear people make this argument, I don't know whether or not to laugh or weep at their cluelessness.
Well J33, on one hand these same people argue that we think Obama is God, which we don't, and on the other hand, they say he cannot be president unless he can change water into wine, remove the money changers from the temple, and cure poverty by his own will. Oh wait, Jesus, did not cure poverty either!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
I don't think it at all unreasonable for me to make this argument. After all, Obama is the one promising to bring hope and change to America. However, from examining his track record, there is no reason at all to believe he can follow through with his promises.

If he can't deliver change on a much smaller scale of one city, his hometown, how can you even think that he can do it for our whole country?

And it's not unreasonable to think that he should have been perfecting his bitterness curing technique in his own backyard first before promising our nation that he can change anything... I anticipate that he will fail at delivering change and then for him to blame everyone else but himself for his failures.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:42 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't think it at all unreasonable for me to make this argument. After all, Obama is the one promising to bring hope and change to America. However, from examining his track record, there is no reason at all to believe he can follow through with his promises.

If he can't deliver change on a much smaller scale of one city, his hometown, how can you even think that he can do it for our whole country?

And it's not unreasonable to think that he should have been perfecting his bitterness curing technique in his own backyard first before promising our nation that he can change anything... I anticipate that he will fail at delivering change and then for him to blame everyone else but himself for his failures.
Blacks are bitter, whites are bitter.....what does that say about AMERIKKA ???

Whether Obama can change anything depends on his congress. But Obama will at least attempt to change rather have the status quo

Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
You Obama supporters blinded by the intoxicating fumes from the Obama Kool-Aide fail to give one bit of positive evidence that Barack can change anything!

His record in the Illinois Senate wasn't anything to write home about. He purpously missed votes or voted "present" to avoid controversy. He had has name on a few bills including one that would have more than doubled state spending for Welfare (it failed to get the votes to pass). Party leaders knew they could count on Barack to support the party line. He was just another Yes vote. He didn't cause problems for the party bosses.
At most Illinois political analyists rate Obama's four terms as Average. NO CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN THERE!

In the US Senate once again Obama has not distinguised himself. He shared in the 2007 Democratic pork barrel, securing earmarks costing billions of federal money for the state of Illinois. He has spent most of his term running for president so he has missed many key votes. He has co-authored several bills (actually there is no evidence he had a hand in writing any of them but may have contributed some thought). Again., Obama has voted the Democratic party line on most issues. His record is the most liberal in the senate, even outliberaling famed Liberal Ted Chappaquiddick Kennedy. Obama's record in the US senate is rated C- by the center for Democratic Government. NO CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN HERE EITHER

Perhaps there is change in Obama's personal life we can believe in. His marriage to Michelle produced two beautiful children who are being educated at a fine school and shown the path to salvation at Trinity United Church of Christ where Jerimiah Wright taught them racial intolerance and how to yell Anti-American phrases and filthy language. Obama says he doesn't want his girls "punished with a baby" so I hope he is teaching them abstinence. THIS ISN'T CHANGE I WANT TO BELIEVE IN----HOW ABOUT YOU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections