Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 07:51 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the middle of the country will not vote for a gun grabbing, billionaire, wall street, new York jew. the coasts will vote for him, but they don't have enough electoral college votes.

Bloomberg can't beat trump, in my opinion.
Bloomberg will have the same problem Hillary Clinton did.

I also do not see Bloomberg getting support from Bernie Sanders supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 07:53 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Today's Quinnipiac poll had an oversample on African American voters' preference in the Democratic race. Biden was on top with 27% but, hang on to your hat, Bloomberg was in second place only 5 points behind him. You can bet that the big cigars in both parties are taking notice of that.
I don't believe that poll.

I wonder what do black people have against Sanders?

Sanders never did anything racist,and Bloomberg has,yet Bloomberg is leading?

Old 02-10-2020, 08:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Lets think this out.
  • Bloomberg skips all the early primaries because - "dealing with the voters is messy & unpleasant". Afraid of the Iowa Caucus, NH, Nevada, South Carolina. All grueling races.
  • Biden flames out, Buttigeg is rejected because he's Gay, Sanders looks like the winner.
  • Bloomberg comes riding in because he's got the money.
  • Democrats let Bloomberg buy the nomination. He becomes the nominee.
So. If they are stupid enough to do this, then.....

How does it play across America that the Democrat party nominates a man, who avoided the voters and was nominated for one sole reason, he has unlimited money?

I think it will be a disaster for the Democrats to let that happen to their own nominating process. They'll never recover.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:21 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I agree. He won't get the nomination.

I do find it interesting that he uses Obama so much in his television ads as if Obama had endorsed him. It may be smart, politically, but this is a clear sign to me that Joe Biden is done as a candidate. If Obama was behind Biden and his campaign, he would publicly call out Bloomberg for using him in his campaign ads the way he does.
Warren also has an ad going where Obama is praising her. Neither she nor Bloomberg got any recent endorsement from Obama. The video clips in both ads are from a few years ago.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bloomberg has already spent 200 million.
The NRA had 6 million invested in the last election.

Big money in Politics was suppose to be a bad thing... until it wasn't.
Diff is that it’s NOT other people’s money.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:37 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Doesn't look like we'll ever get the chance to find out.

But his intention to pump $1 billion into the Dems' campaign if he isn't nominated will surely help their cause.

So, in that sense, the answer is "yes."

I personally theorize that Bloomberg isn't in this so much to win, as it is to take shots at Trump. But that's just me.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:41 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I personally theorize that Bloomberg isn't in this so much to win, as it is to take shots at Trump. But that's just me.
I think you might be right.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree with your assessment of Bloomberg being the Dem Firewall to Bernie. I'm surprised the Dems didnt put mini-Mike in the last debate. That tells me he's either a bad in debates, or they dont want voters to know where he stands on all the issues. There's some reason he wasn't on that stage...the qualifying rules are made to be broken, so that's not the reason.

Any thoughts on why he wasn't in the last debate?

Liz has no chance at the nomination, and when she drops out, many of her supporters will start feeling the "Bern".
The DNC and RNC set the rules to qualify for debates. Else there would be tens of thousands of people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

The DNC rules were established before Bloomberg got in. It’s not personal.

Bloomberg is self funding and therefore has not met the threshold for minimum # of donations.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:45 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Bloomberg will have the same problem Hillary Clinton did.

I also do not see Bloomberg getting support from Bernie Sanders supporters.
So you are saying that if Bloomberg gets the nomination, Sanders supporters would rather have another four years of Trump?

Old 02-10-2020, 08:45 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Bloomberg won't get the nomination but he will continue to troll Trump. I do love how he get's under Trump's skin. His latest ad with the gingerbread men pants on fire with Trumps lies is priceless.
I don't watch much TV anymore, so I don't see many commercials (thank the gods), but I did go look this one up. I didn't think much of it until the gingerbread man was hanging upside-down on Trump's tie--then I started giggling like crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections