Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 08:49 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times

Advertisements

Biden still says he's going to win. That Iowa & NH aren't that important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzWIdZtv4U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 09:27 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,707,041 times
Uncle Joe drop out? No it's too early. Besides, it keeps the stable genius busy trying to manufacture another conspiracy theory. Heck, he's already been impeached for it, why not double down? Meanwhile, Bloomberg is buying the election with his effective ads targeting the black vote with him and Obama and stealing the thunder from Joe. He needs to stay in to keep the stable genius focused on yet another delusional fantasy. Getting yourself impeached on a what if? What a useful idiot.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:24 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Uncle Joe drop out? No it's too early. Besides, it keeps the stable genius busy trying to manufacture another conspiracy theory. Heck, he's already been impeached for it, why not double down? Meanwhile, Bloomberg is buying the election with his effective ads targeting the black vote with him and Obama and stealing the thunder from Joe. He needs to stay in to keep the stable genius focused on yet another delusional fantasy. Getting yourself impeached on a what if? What a useful idiot.
Bloomberg is trying to buy the election, but he has already hurt himself and the race is really just started. As for Biden and dropping out: It is too early, but he is going to have to shock the world with a huge wine in SC to stay in the race. If he lasts that long it will be interesting to see how he handles going into super Tues. The way Biden is losing his temper and the things out of his mouth to voters could be the end. I just think his age is starting to show in so many ways. Others are going to notice this before long if they haven't already.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:55 PM

1,096 posts, read 411,154 times
Yea I agree that it is way too early to be dropping out. Two primaries is just two primaries. Deciding anything at this point is like trying to divine with a crystal ball. I don't know whether he has a chance or not but after getting to this point he'd be crazy to drop out now.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:57 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,680,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
With 16% reporting, he is in fifth place according to Realclearpolitcs.

The wheels have come off the cart, and though I don't have details, I thought I heard another clip of him going nuts today.

Time to cash in the chips. He knew he wasn't going to win New Hampshire, but fifth place?

Enjoy the time you have left, Joe.
In the beginning, I was all for Joe, but I have to admit that I am now not so in love with him. Not over some of the verbal hesitations, or anything like that, after all, he is older, as are most of the people running. More of a problem is his potential ability to neutralize Donald Trump in any debates, or at the polls.

I think it is time to stop electing old white men and , if we are not progressive enough to vote for a woman, or a gay man, at least put a younger candidate up there, who can hold up to the rigors of running this country.

Now, that being said, at this very moment, my money is still on Bernie. For some reason, he seems to have a very strong following, even in young voters, and he would take no BS from Trump in a debate.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 AM

It's becoming apparent to me, right there on the NC/SC Border that Bloomberg is killing off Biden day by day. A lot of establishment Democrat support, especially in the Black community is going to Bloomberg instead of Biden. The mayor of Charlotte, and the disgraced ex-Governor of NC just endorsed Bloomberg. IMO, they'd be lining up behind Biden, the defacto "front runner".

BTW, early voting has already started in NC. And the all important SC primary (which does not have early voting) is at the end of the month.

Bloomberg, Sanders, and Buttigieg are all over the place. Biden's no where to be seen.

So Bloomberg's biggest effect on the race right how, is to hurt Biden and ultimately make Sanders the leading candidate.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:27 AM

1,809 posts, read 655,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

So Bloomberg's biggest effect on the race right how, is to hurt Biden and ultimately make Sanders the leading candidate.
Hurt Biden we know, but after Biden is gone, Bloomberg might accept Mayor Pete as the best candidate, drop out himself, support him and be his benefactor.

Bloomberg has supported same sex marriage at least as far back as 2010, which is earlier than Obama. He seems to be socially liberal.

However, Pete's sexual orientation might have had him thought the voters wouldn't accept him at first, but I believe Pete will carry on strong enough to Super Tuesday and Bloomberg will realize this guy can work.

The voters don't seem all that concerned with his light resume.

The black voter issue is pretty much an issue for Bloomberg himself as well. It can be overcome (to some extent) with right marketing of Pete.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:11 PM

2,066 posts, read 890,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think, if he gets the nomination and he may, the challenge will lie with his debating skills I heard yesterday and I do not know if it is true, he is a terrible debater.

Will they get him a step-ladder, or a shorter podium ?

Or make his opponent(s) kneel, as a form of "vertical reparations" ?

Old 02-14-2020, 06:20 PM

What's going on with Biden. There's been pretty much silence since Monday.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 PM

6,186 posts, read 3,551,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
He has no passion and was running on inevitability. He was a far weaker candidate than ever Hillary was.
He has confused passion with yelling all his answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections