Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
This forum is so frustrating!!!! Why denigrate and insult each other? Why can't people have differing views without insulting and belittling each other??

Who do so many Clintonites label all Obamaites as brainless, kool-aid drinking automatons incapable of rational thought? Why is there the assumption that we are all idiot minions who don't understand his positions or recognize his faults, or proceed as sheep? Who started that? I certainly don't see that in real life.

I don't understand why Clinton has so much support still but I certainly think we should be civil to each other, mislabeling and insulting the "other side" (both ways) is destructive, mean spirited, and completely useless.

[EDIT] Why do some Obamaites accuse Clintonites of racism? or other nasty insults?

We should be THRILLED that there are two Dem candidates who inspire so much passion and excitement from their base. We shouldn't mock and insult one another over it.

Is everyone so insulated behind their keyboards that they can't be decent to one another anymore?

Maybe I expect to much from the Internet. {sigh}
I would suggest you pull yourself away from this forum before you turn bitter.

Oops, I said bitter. Bring it on, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 AM

270 posts, read 527,004 times
When I first started writing in this forum I was nice and tried to look at others points of view. But then I would be attacked for something that I wrote, just my opinion, I was just trying to get people to see other points of view. Not trying to attack anyone. I read the posts with an open mind. I WAS a Clinton supporter. (I am independent and try to look at all sides before deciding who to vote for) Then I saw how Obama supporters were mean to everyone, Clinton supporters were mean right back. McCain supporters are friendlier but not all that nice. I have looked at each candidate and decided that I don't like any of them and will not and cannot vote for any. Not unless things drastically change and I see someone I actually can believe in.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

I can't right now. I'm too busy clinging to my guns and my religion.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:35 PM

775 posts, read 578,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Don't forget that we are frequently being accused of being racist. And Obama people are also calling the blue collar workers in PA racist also for not voting for Hillary.

And it's the ugliness of the Obama voters that additionally turn me off from the Obama campaign. Sure, Obama has not directly said any of these things, however I see that Obama has a terrible effect on the people that support him. He is the one bringing out the the ugly side of people and he is the one causing divisiveness, not Hillary. The Obama cult is all happy with their thoughts of hope and change until someone disrupts their false reality bubble, then they turn nasty.
See, Sporin, this is typical of the posts you decry. They put all Obamaphiles into one jar which, of course, is absurd. Obama has nothing but a positive effect on me personally and, I am sure as has been proven, on many others.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:08 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
The Republicans are always mean, nasty and dirty. It is just their nature.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Its because people are on this forum and following the media 24/7 looking for any tiny bit of info or mis-representation to bring back here and proudly proclaim "Ha-Ha, your candidate said/done this! Their campaign is over! Na-nanny boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo " A lot of people have let this election drive them straight up batty and I don't know if they can come back from it. I think it would be best for every one to take a break from here like I did. Go outside and enjoy life. Go play with your children. Go have sex with your spouses. And when you come back, it won't matter if someone "disses" your candidate because you won't be so high-strung about it. You know who your vote is going to anyway so, have fun kids!
I have to agree with you. I come here for the entertainment. I am not right or left, I pretty much go right down the middle. And from what I see here the extreme left are the real nasty people. If you don't agree with them you are a complete moron and idiot. I have relatives that are that way and I do not discuss politics with them.

I do a lot of investing and have a small buisness so I stay up with the economy, buisness and taxes. I feel a lot of people here have very little knowledge in that area, they are more interested what the candidate looks like or there gender or race. I am more interested in what they can do for me financially. Because I feel life is about being successful, happy, and retiring someday and enjoying all your hard work.
So please, keep on entertaining me, the stock market and buisness can get to serious sometimes.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans are always mean, nasty and dirty. It is just their nature.
I agree... only replace "The Republicans..." to "Just about anyone involved in politics...."

Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Default Expecting Too Much.... Maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
This forum is so frustrating!!!! Why denigrate and insult each other? Why can't people have differing views without insulting and belittling each other??

Who do so many Clintonites label all Obamaites as brainless, kool-aid drinking automatons incapable of rational thought? Why is there the assumption that we are all idiot minions who don't understand his positions or recognize his faults, or proceed as sheep? Who started that? I certainly don't see that in real life.

I don't understand why Clinton has so much support still but I certainly think we should be civil to each other, mislabeling and insulting the "other side" (both ways) is destructive, mean spirited, and completely useless.

[EDIT] Why do some Obamaites accuse Clintonites of racism? or other nasty insults?

We should be THRILLED that there are two Dem candidates who inspire so much passion and excitement from their base. We shouldn't mock and insult one another over it.

Is everyone so insulated behind their keyboards that they can't be decent to one another anymore?

Maybe I expect to much from the Internet. {sigh}
This forum is anonymous. People tend to speak their minds. It's not for the sensitive at heart.

When people are allowed to speak freely about any topic, their truth comes out, then it's up to the rest of us to analyze it, pick it apart, and show the "boob" who posts it the error of his/her/unisex ways.

Just read between the lines, when people post garbage they want a reaction.

Go with the flow and DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!

(Thank you, "you're welcome".. that'll be 2 cents please)

Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would say the "elitists" Obama supporters are the most insulting, intolerant, just downright nasty, etc, etc, etc.

Yes they are! So the Hillary supporters got very tired of being insulted all the time so started fighting back. The Obama supporters are over the top nasty. They are so nasty that it has reflected badly on their candidate and has helped turn the tide towards Hillary because her campaign and supporters are more civil. I think Obama is paying his supporters to slam the Clinton camp on this sight.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

Example of one of the friendly Obama supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections