U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,124,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Because we forgot that we are all Americans. We all have the best interest of America in our hearts, but because we are 300000000 million strong we have differences and it shocks us every day that everyone does not have the same circumstances or vision that we do.
You forgot... there are people that don't want harmony, that want revenge... those people would be the Obama supporters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,844,909 times
I respect everyone initially until I find out that they are either racist or no longer deserving of that respect. My apologies to anyone I have offended in the past with my comments. Each of us is entitled to our opinions.

So, I will merely say that I have a great deal of respect and admiration for those here enlightened enough to support the great Barack Obama. You know who you are if you have in the past gotten rep points from me. This country needs more like us and only progresses because of people like us. Kudos to all the Obama supporters who post here!

Barack Obama is a brilliant man, perhaps too brilliant for this country. His own party is not even progressive enough to support him, instead trying to hold faith in a dead candidate in Hillary because they are not sure they want a black man representing the party. I am very disappointed in the Dem party and if somehow Hillary is allowed to sneak in, I will for the first time consider the Democrats and the Republicans to be essentially two sides of the same coin. I have already converted to Independent in anticipation. Hillary and McCain are both far inferior to Obama.

Hillary is the negative, divisive factor. She must play this role because Obama has her beat in all areas substantive. She must try to minimize him so he is not so high above her. Her supporters reflect this inferior position and sense of desperation, and like those who voted for Bush HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WRONG IN THEIR ANALYSIS OF HILLARY'S RELEVANCE.

Obama '08

Old 04-26-2008, 07:39 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,850,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I respect everyone initially until I find out that they are either racist or no longer deserving of that respect. My apologies to anyone I have offended in the past with my comments. Each of us is entitled to our opinions.

So, I will merely say that I have a great deal of respect and admiration for those here enlightened enough to support the great Barack Obama. You know who you are if you have in the past gotten rep points from me. This country needs more like us and only progresses because of people like us. Kudos to all the Obama supporters who post here!

Barack Obama is a brilliant man, perhaps too brilliant for this country. His own party is not even progressive enough to support him, instead trying to hold faith in a dead candidate in Hillary because they are not sure they want a black man representing the party. I am very disappointed in the Dem party and if somehow Hillary is allowed to sneak in, I will for the first time consider the Democrats and the Republicans to be essentially two sides of the same coin. I have already converted to Independent in anticipation. Hillary and McCain are both far inferior to Obama.

Hillary is the negative, divisive factor. She must play this role because Obama has her beat in all areas substantive. She must try to minimize him so he is not so high above her. Her supporters reflect this inferior position and sense of desperation, and like those who voted for Bush HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WRONG IN THEIR ANALYSIS OF HILLARY'S RELEVANCE.

Obama '08

Now that there is funny!! "The Great Barack Obama" You make him sound like a magician. See that's what I am talking about, entertainment. Now I will be saying "The Great Barack Obama" all day.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,844,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Now that there is funny!! "The Great Barack Obama" You make him sound like a magician. See that's what I am talking about, entertainment. Now I will be saying "The Great Barack Obama" all day.
Yeah, it's pretty funny to me too. I'm laughing all the way to Obama's nomination...

Last edited by LexusNexus; 04-26-2008 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,367,999 times
I think it's amusing to watch the spectacle unfolding in the democratic party.
Here you have two people running for the highest office in the land, and what do they do, they ruin it with their brand of "toughness".
As a conservative, it really is fun to watch these two destroy the democratic party!
We all need to practice some civility in life, whether in politics, religion, daily life, etc..
Regardless of political persuasion, we've lost genuine respect for others in this great country over the past 40 years..

Old 04-26-2008, 09:18 AM

690 posts, read 956,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
I think it's amusing to watch the spectacle unfolding in the democratic party.
Here you have two people running for the highest office in the land, and what do they do, they ruin it with their brand of "toughness".
As a conservative, it really is fun to watch these two destroy the democratic party!

While I am on the opposite side of the fence as you politically, I could not agree with you more here.

Come on super delegates, make a decision one way or the other and lets get going on to more important issues!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,367,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
While I am on the opposite side of the fence as you politically, I could not agree with you more here.

Come on super delegates, make a decision one way or the other and lets get going on to more important issues!!!
Hi there cleanmaxx,

I edited my post just slightly..

Have a good day.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
JJG

13,614 posts, read 20,944,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
You forgot... there are people that don't want harmony, that want revenge... those people would be the Obama supporters.
Gee, I didn't know I wanted revenge........ and revenge for what, by the way?

Getting a little off topic here.....

LuckyGem stated, this is an anonymous forum. And I just laugh a little every time I see some of these posts, because I know some can state how they really feel on here and not even mention anything to anyone in real life.
Don't ya just love the internet?

Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,124,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Yeah, it's pretty funny to me too. I'm laughing all the way to Obama's nomination...
Well don't laugh too hard... especially if you have food in your mouth, you might choke.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections