Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 09:13 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times

Advertisements

It seems inevitable right now. Most American voters are patriots who love the system, love globalism, and trust their business/political leaders explicitly.

Joe promises the status quo, so they will go with him. It is bad because now republicans will move away from populism and go back to being Reagan trolls and Biden will force through the TPP.

This is what Americans have always wanted, that is why they put Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter, and Reagan in office.

They think private capital has a moral right to direct our economy, and they believe their political establishment is inspirational. They love cheap consumer goods, globalism, political hegemony, and winner takes all philosophy.

Biden is who you are as a people, he inspires you. Most on CD are actually smarter than the average american, or at least more extreme.

I expect many of you no matter political ideology aren't excited by biden, and agree with my criticism. But CD has only 1.5 million members, many of who aren't american, and even among those that are, only a fraction visit this sub forum.

Americans see Biden as a stand up guy who is decent at heart, not a power hungry political opportunist. They see the world through that view, that is who they are.

I love Americans but they think being patriotic means supporting their own 'way of living'. That is not patriotism, patriotism is about being part of a nation and feeling like you are part of a bigger project, that there is more to life than your own well being.

Americans see patriotism as being able to drive a big truck, live in a big house, become rich, and buy a bunch of stuff to make themselves happy. Granted this is how the founders envisioned it, only for farmers instead of suburban families. We did start having a national identity, but after world war 2 it became about keeping up the living standard, and after Vietnam it just became about having the most profitable companies that are globally competitive.

That is why average Americans love NAFTA, Biden, Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan, and even Carter.

This is what they want, and this is what they will get. It is deeply frustrating for me, but I have to find peace and accept this is what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times
Sadly, much if whay you say is true, and the electorate in general is comprised of dumb, uninformed, low information drones.
However, the despicable , lying hack that is Biden is very far from a "stand up guy, who is decent at heart." And as for "not a power hungry political opportunist", that is EXACTLY what this droning, senile buffoon has been for his whole adult life.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:05 AM

10,063 posts, read 14,439,885 times
If Biden were the Biden of 10 years ago, your post could be considered on point.

However, Biden today is a shell of his former self. He's too riddled with early onset dementia and confusion, to beat Trump.

Once this virus issue blows over by June (roughly) and Trump starts to work to bring back the economy, Trump will most likely be re-elected.

I don't think Americans will vote in a dementia candidate like Biden, and an uncertain one at that, during these very uncertain times.

Consistency will be the theme on American's minds in November, and that is a Trump re-election, most likely.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
If Biden were the Biden of 10 years ago, your post could be considered on point.

However, Biden today is a shell of his former self. He's too riddled with early onset dementia and confusion, to beat Trump.

Once this virus issue blows over by June (roughly) and Trump starts to work to bring back the economy, Trump will most likely be re-elected.

I don't think Americans will vote in a dementia candidate like Biden, and an uncertain one at that, during these very uncertain times.

Consistency will be the theme on American's minds in November, and that is a Trump re-election, most likely.
I have to agree with this. Again the dems have not been able to come up with anyone who could beat Trump. I would have though that perhaps Bloomberg had a chance, but the party leadership didn't want him, as he was too moderate for them.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:11 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Sadly, much if whay you say is true, and the electorate in general is comprised of dumb, uninformed, low information drones.
However, the despicable , lying hack that is Biden is very far from a "stand up guy, who is decent at heart." And as for "not a power hungry political opportunist", that is EXACTLY what this droning, senile buffoon has been for his whole adult life.
Oh I 100% agree, but that is sadly the perception of most of this country. Even among many of those who won't vote for him.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:22 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
4 years of hating on Trump and they come up with someone almost 80 years old basically incoherent suffering from dementia....lmao

Old 04-09-2020, 10:39 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
4 years of hating on Trump and they come up with someone almost 80 years old basically incoherent suffering from dementia....lmao
And when he wins, it will be further proof what a disaster Trump was. By the way, you speak as if Democrats speak with one voice. Biden is who the voters chose. If I had it my way, these people would have been president:

Michael Bloomberg
Mitt Romney (if Obama wasn't running)
John Kasich

As a Democrat, I would have actually voted for two moderate Republicans. Trump is just horrible and not just because he's a Republican.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:49 AM

7,493 posts, read 7,168,905 times
Virus issue blows over???

Yes, you are correct, Americans are demanding consistency. Has not been there since January, let alone the past three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post

Old 04-09-2020, 11:10 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Virus issue blows over???

Yes, you are correct, Americans are demanding consistency. Has not been there since January, let alone the past three years.
I'm demanding consistency in what an American president should represent and has represented for the most part during our entire history. The last 3 years has been an aberration. Trump is clearly the most unfit leader we have had in the modern era and that is what millions will vote to remove him as long as the D candidate is at least a mild step up, which I believe Biden is.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:13 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'm demanding consistency in what an American president should represent and has represented for the most part during our entire history. The last 3 years has been an aberration. Trump is clearly the most unfit leader we have had in the modern era and that is what millions will vote to remove him as long as the D candidate is at least a mild step up, which I believe Biden is.
You know the constant “consistency” is what led to Trump in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections